"It's not a rivalry, honest" Dunfermline vs Falkirk 19th Aug

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

What a strange game that was. 2 very straightforward goals (albeit both very tidy finishes) and nearly a third through the chronic lack of pace in that Falkirk backline (you lot weren't kidding) against Falkirk's one dimensional "curl it in behind for Austin to win it or fall over" in the first half, followed by Miller coming on (presumably to play more direct balls) yet it was only when down to 9 that Falkirk played the kind of football you used to always associate with them and got back into it. Quite why we stated trying to take the piss and play balls at crazy angles to try and force a third goal when Williamson and Cardle were always available for an easy out ball is something truly baffling. Both reds looked right to me, and the ref didn't get too much wrong other than a few soft fouls either way and maybe not booking Cardle for timewasting. Hopefully we can keep this starting XI fit and healthy (with the addition of Clark) and if we do we'll be there of thereabouts I reckon. A couple of injuries and it could be touch and go but we should be in the top 4.

A decent summary, other than Beaton.  He was spot on with the sendings off but your first goal was an absolutely clear handball, and there was one stupidly offside chance as well in the first half.  It wasn't one way, he gave us some baffling free kicks, but he was awful in the first half.

a deserved win for the Pars, but I did experience a glimmer of hope that we might equalise at the death.  What a strange experience that was...

Lol, GIRFUY
After all the #heidsgone patter, Sibbald, after being rejected by Luton and returning to Falkirk with his tail between his legs, completely losing the heid, kicking out at Super Joe and trudging off while his team were getting bodied by the mighty pars and after being given the runaround by the gorgeous giraffe, was the most #pleasing moment in recent memory.
Now that's out the way, we were great up until they got the 2nd red then we completely switched off, to concede a goal against 9 men is pathetic. 
Regardless, normal order is resumed, Falkirk sent back over the bridge with their tail between their legs.
Smith missed a couple of absolute sitters as well.
Did appreciate AJ bringing Aird on for the lols, he can still f**k off back to his lodge though. He will have to be world-class to get any kind of support from the stands.
Bit gutting for Falkirk, once Hearts, Rangers and Hibs are finally out the way, it was finally supposed to be their year. Now instead of 2nd, they sit 2nd bottom, lol.
ETA - eagerly awaiting these highlights.

:lol:

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I agree. Riddel (Was that the guy who was with Aberdeen) always appeared a good guy.

Could do worse than remove some of the racist shite from Shandon too.

Am I being whooshed or do you just have trouble with your reading and comprehension?

That was murder.
That it took until the last kick of the ball for them to clinch it, says more about them than us.
We played better with 9 than 11, & you could feel the tensions rise from the home end when Taiwo netted!

You could drive a coach & horse's through our defence at the moment.
Twice, thrice if you count the one off the post, they left a striker with acres of space to finish. Having left Thomson horribly exposed.
That both first half goals came from suspiciously offside positions, doesn't deflect from the rank bad coverage in the middle. This has been prevalent in all of the last 4 games.
How do we expect to win games playing 3 centre halves & 4 defensive mid's? Like for like substitutions are a standard practice & nobody wants to give Gallagher any help!
Thought Sibbald might have been unlucky to be red carded for retaliation, yet Miller's was sheer stupidity. However, that Cardle got through the game without a booking was bamboozling. Constantly kicking the ball away & the challenge on Sibs equally deserving of a red in itself.
Not anywhere near good enough & the pressure is surely building on a manager who seems unable to change tactics or formation to suit the ever changing situations arising in a match.
Oh, & Kerr completes another 90, though he did up his game in that last half hour.
That we never got pumped is about the only saving grace.

Decent first half and some good finishes from the Pars, Falkirk are pretty flimsy at the back and we should have really turned the screw on them. No idea what the two players who were sent off were thinking utter utter madness, but after that, we were like we were against Arbroath. Congratulations due to Joe for getting his 50 & 51 goals for the Pars.

The only seething I saw was towards the end of the first half and directed at our own team - understandably.  Nobody was questioning the sendings off.  

Oh and there was a bit towards Higgy, really because he returns it in spades.  Seriously, how did he get so angry?  He was a decent player for us for at least one season and left  on a high, I don't think there was any ill-will.  Is he just a c**t? 

5 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

The only seething I saw was towards the end of the first half and directed at our own team - understandably.  Nobody was questioning the sendings off.  

Oh and there was a bit towards Higgy, really because he returns it in spades.  Seriously, how did he get so angry?  He was a decent player for us for at least one season and left  on a high, I don't think there was any ill-will.  Is he just a c**t? 

I'd imagine him and probably Cardle too are absolute bellends off the pitch.

18 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Nah you are a nasty b*****d mate.

In a discussion about the drop in crowds relative to the late 80s I said if you un-banned all the folk who have been banned from east end such as the racists, folk who punch stewards, chuck stuff on the pitch etc it would probably double our crowds. It was a joke and a dig at the behaviour of our fans. 

You also seemed to think I had a problem with Hippo because of his skin colour. Madness. You should learn to read properly before spouting pish. 

That was murder.
That it took until the last kick of the ball for them to clinch it, says more about them than us.
We played better with 9 than 11, & you could feel the tensions rise from the home end when Taiwo netted!

You could drive a coach & horse's through our defence at the moment.
Twice, thrice if you count the one off the post, they left a striker with acres of space to finish. Having left Thomson horribly exposed.
That both first half goals came from suspiciously offside positions, doesn't deflect from the rank bad coverage in the middle. This has been prevalent in all of the last 4 games.
How do we expect to win games playing 3 centre halves & 4 defensive mid's? Like for like substitutions are a standard practice & nobody wants to give Gallagher any help!
Thought Sibbald might have been unlucky to be red carded for retaliation, yet Miller's was sheer stupidity. However, that Cardle got through the game without a booking was bamboozling. Constantly kicking the ball away & the challenge on Sibs equally deserving of a red in itself.
Not anywhere near good enough & the pressure is surely building on a manager who seems unable to change tactics or formation to suit the ever changing situations arising in a match.
Oh, & Kerr completes another 90, though he did up his game in that last half hour.
That we never got pumped is about the only saving grace.

Sibbald was unlucky? In all seriousness, were you there? He got fouled, yes. But that's no excuse for kicking out, then throwing a punch as the player fell to the ground. Regardless of what happened beforehand, there is no way that's even a debatable red card.

I agree that Cardle was lucky to escape a booking. Referee was generally lenient, perhaps due to his performance last week. Didn't want to make any headlines, but had no choice with the red cards. Expected Cardle to be booked for his foul on Sibbald, but I think Sibbald's actions made him forget what happened beforehand.

Thought we were excellent first half, but took our foot off the gas too much, after the red cards. Falkirk, to be fair, battled well after the red cards, but never troubled us until that point.

14 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

In a discussion about the drop in crowds relative to the late 80s I said if you un-banned all the folk who have been banned from east end such as the racists, folk who punch stewards, chuck stuff on the pitch etc it would probably double our crowds. It was a joke and a dig at the behaviour of our fans. 

You also seemed to think I had a problem with Hippo because of his skin colour. Madness. You should learn to read properly before spouting pish. 

You did. Stop trying to cover up. 

Archived