"It's not a rivalry, honest" Dunfermline vs Falkirk 19th Aug

Absolute carnage on this thread and most fans aren't even out of the pub yet. This is going to be an exceptional read tomorrow.

Don't know what your reading mate but to me it's generally very tame stuff compared to our last visit to EEP. With one or two exceptions most Pars fans bring fairly decent on here.

We were truly woeful today. I think there's almost a resigned acceptance of that from most Bairns after the last two disappointing performances.

We're pretty much bottom just now and if we don't get a finger out that's where we might just stay.

Pass marks to Taiwo, O'Hara and Kerr (unbelievably).

I am genuinely concerned re the lack of concentration throughout our midfield and defence though. Sometimes it feels like one or two of the players are not really trying. Worrying times.

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

That's why is called him bombscare borris. Every few games he has a headsgone

I've never once heard or seen him referred to as 'Bombscare Borris'

2 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Cardle went out through the back of Sibbald, a red card offence in itself, that he escaped a booking minimum for it was as laughable as the referee pulling him up for kicking the ball away, indicating three instances, & letting him off with that.

Disagree on the Cardle tackle being a red card. Definitely a foul and was surprised he wasn't booked. Beaton had a strange game - I expected a yellow for when he called Cardle over for kicking the ball into the stand - but he was spot on for both red cards.

On earlier comments. I can't understand anybody denigrating Riddell, he was raising money for those affected in the Bradford disaster IIRC.
A thoroughly honourable thing, that ended in personal tragedy.

I've never once heard or seen him referred to as 'Bombscare Borris'

I said it. In his first game for us he gave away a pen against rovers. Today he showed it again. As said I am a big fan of him but he doesn't have the concentration to make it at the top level. As proven by getting let go at United and Aberdeen. He is definitely good enough to play for us and arguably one of the best defenders in the league but I guarantee you if you go to pars game a lot you will hear "what the f**k are you doing Morris" a few times this season.

Cardle went out through the back of Sibbald, a red card offence in itself, that he escaped a booking minimum for it was as laughable as the referee pulling him up for kicking the ball away, indicating three instances, & letting him off with that.

You're actually being serious? Have you only just started following football or something? There is absolutely no way Cardle's challenge merited a straight red. It was a clumsy challenge and no more. If that's a red card, then there would be 7/8 red cards every game. Again, I 100% agree he should have been booked for it and agree he was lucky to not be booked for time wasting, but that doesn't mean he should get a straight red card, for a bookable offence.

By the way, it's probably worth noting that your number 6 and number 15 both put in similar challenges on Shiels and Smith in the first half, and weren't booked. But, of course, you'll probably argue the ref got those decisions completely right and you'd probably have complained if they'd even been booked for them. You seem like that kind of guy.

Just been watching Match of the Day, Pogba got booked for the same challenge. The commentators and pundits said it was a silly booking to pick up, yet nobody tried to argue it should have been a red. Why? Because they actually understand the rules. Anyway, that's the last I'll say on this. No point in arguing with someone who clearly doesn't know/understand the rules.

6 minutes ago, kiddy said:

On earlier comments. I can't understand anybody denigrating Riddell, he was raising money for those affected in the Bradford disaster IIRC.
A thoroughly honourable thing, that ended in personal tragedy.

Was for the Hillsborough disaster fund. Was running the Dunfermline half marathon. Agree with your post though. 

"A tackle from behind which endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Acts of serious foul play are punishable by a red card

06 Mar 1998"

You lot are right, I don't know the laws. I've only been watching football for a minimum 19 & 1/2 years.

[emoji57]

http://www.fifa.com/development/news/y=1998/m=3/news=fifa-crack-down-tackle-from-behind-70380.html/URL]

10 minutes ago, kiddy said:

"A tackle from behind which endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Acts of serious foul play are punishable by a red card

06 Mar 1998"

You lot are right, I don't know the laws. I've only been watching football for a minimum 19 & 1/2 years.

emoji57.png

http://www.fifa.com/development/news/y=1998/m=3/news=fifa-crack-down-tackle-from-behind-70380.html/URL]

That's from nearly 20 years ago!

Here's the updated law:

"Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

So in order to be a red-card, it would need to be shown the lunge was made with excessive force and endangered the safety of Sibbald.

A tackle from behind is not in itself a red-card offence.

4 minutes ago, deano25ffc said:

c23ac254d132b6b32bc16203eec69ce2.jpg

Mate you lost 3-1, you're abusing LGBT people (ironic then your post of Alex Salmond a keen supporter of LGBT rights, on Gay Pride) and then mocking the dead.  

Youre really not winning here.... 

*insert applicable appropriate internet overused meme here

**edited to add, thanks mods for removing the offending posts. Suspect someone's had a bit too much to drink bless him...

That's from nearly 20 years ago!
Here's the updated law:
"Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."
So in order to be a red-card, it would need to be shown the lunge was made with excessive force and endangered the safety of Sibbald.
A tackle from behind is not in itself a red-card offence.

So they've since extended it to the front & side too.
To say a tackle from behind is "not in itself a red card offence", is nonsense.
You're talking out the hole in your arse.

Just now, kiddy said:

Eh?

It's right there, in the laws ot the game.

To be a red card requires the tackler to have used excessive force, endangering the safety of an opponent.

A tackle from behind that does not use excessive force, endangering the safety of an opponent, is not a red card offence.

Not sure why this is so difficult for you to understand.

Mate you lost 3-1, you're abusing LGBT people (ironic then your post of Alex Salmond a keen supporter of LGBT rights, on Gay Pride) and then mocking the dead.  

Youre really not winning here.... 

*insert applicable appropriate internet overused meme here

**edited to add, thanks mods for removing the offending posts. Suspect someone's had a bit too much to drink bless him...

Holy f**k ! How much are your grasping at here ! ... I'm only trying to have a drunken laugh and your making it out like I have you at gun point in the FFC board room like I'm
Making you watch re runs of the past 6 years or whatever it is since the pars beat the BAIRNS . Put down the night nurse and call it a night . Sorry if i hurt your feelings . I'm just on the rebound ae .

Just now, deano25ffc said:

Holy f**k ! How much are your grasping at here ! ... I'm only trying to have a drunken laugh and your making it out like I have you at gun point in the FFC board room like I'm
Making you watch re runs of the past 6 years or whatever it is since the pars beat the BAIRNS . Put down the night nurse and call it a night . Sorry if i hurt your feelings . I'm just on the rebound ae .

I'm not the one had two posts deleted pal. You can rip the pish all you like, we've given you plenty of ammo the last few years!! But dropping it to the level you did not once but twice, says a lot about how you choose to behave, pished or not.  

So homophobia and mocking the dead? Great banter. 

Anyways away to your bed for a wee sleep you'll feel better tomorrow.  Regretful I hope, but better.

No, you're talking 'nonsense' here. A tackle from behind isn't always a red card. That's genuinely not a rule in the modern game, and hasn't been for at least 15 years.

Serious foul play requires excessive force and/or endangering the safety of an opponent. Cardle did not use excessive force and Sibbald was in no way endangered.

I'm not the one had two posts deleted pal. You can rip the pish all you like, we've given you plenty of ammo the last few years!! But dropping it to the level you did not once but twice, says a lot about how you choose to behave, pished or not.  

So homophobia and mocking the dead? Great banter. 

Anyways away to your bed for a wee sleep you'll feel better tomorrow.  Regretful I hope, but better.

Hope your enjoyed your sherry

How did the game restart?
It was a foul to Falkirk, off a tackle from behind, already acknowledged to be "clumsy".
The referee obviously saw that & that it "endangered the safety" of the recipient.
Otherwise it would have been a drop ball, as there would have been no foul!

8 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Christ almighty kiddy, this post...you're extrapolating wildly here, you need to quit while you're a time zone behind

Archived