Thistle v Aberdeen, Saturday 26th August

Result?  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was expecting to lose another late goal tbh. We put in a far better performance than I expected but it's all for nothing if you lose the game. Our late subs should have been brought on far earlier and Keowns tackle was stupid. Entertaining game though.

7 goal thrillers are, quite literally, pointless if we don't get anything from them. I know we've lost to Aberdeen, Hibs away, Celtic and St Johnstone away which we wouldn't have expected many points from but its frustrating and doesnt give me any hope of avoiding a relegation battle let alone getting top six again.

Nice and cuddly of us to mic up the away fans too.

22 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

7 goal thrillers are, quite literally, pointless if we don't get anything from them. I know we've lost to Aberdeen, Hibs away, Celtic and St Johnstone away which we wouldn't have expected many points from but its frustrating and doesnt give me any hope of avoiding a relegation battle let alone getting top six again.

Nice and cuddly of us to mic up the away fans too.

Taking no points after scoring three goals at home is quite frankly pathetic. 

Decent game though and well done on the Dons getting to the top of the table.

I'm away for a quiet drink...

Taking no points after scoring three goals at home is quite frankly pathetic.  Decent game though and well done on the Dons getting to the top of the table.

I'm away for a quiet drink...

As an independent I enjoyed it. I could just sense Aberdeen would nick it though. Thistle put in one hell of an effort Tbf.

Shay Logan is an impressive player.

Thank you. [emoji481][emoji481][emoji481]

Fantastic result but our luck will come to an end soon. Sort it out Derek.

According to the stats, Partick had 5 shots with 3 on target and they all resulted in goals. Presume the shot that Joe parried for Doolans goal was discounted because it came off McLeans weird double knee jump rather than a Thistle player? Just WTF was McLean trying to do?

We unquestionably got lucky last week. We made hard work of today's match but I don't think we were lucky. If anything we were unlucky to be on the wrong end of Thistles efficient chances to goals ratio.

That said, I still feel we look far too vulnerable at the back. We still haven't fully adjusted to playing without Jack and Taylor. So, aye, sort it oot Derek.

According to the stats, Partick had 5 shots with 3 on target and they all resulted in goals. Presume the shot that Joe parried for Doolans goal was discounted because it came off McLeans weird double knee jump rather than a Thistle player? Just WTF was McLean trying to do?

We unquestionably got lucky last week. We made hard work of today's match but I don't think we were lucky. If anything we were unlucky to be on the wrong end of Thistles efficient chances to goals ratio.

That said, I still feel we look far too vulnerable at the back. We still haven't fully adjusted to playing without Jack and Taylor. So, aye, sort it oot Derek.

Fair enough, I missed it today so you'll know better.

I maybe just felt that winning having conceded 3 away from home is slightly fortunate and not something wel keep getting away with

Archived