Thistle v Aberdeen, Saturday 26th August

Result?  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to this one as a neutral with @RussellAnderson and brought my girlfriend's (English) dad along for his first taste of Scottish football. For some reason, he wanted to put 5-3 on both Aberdeen and Partick Thistle which we managed to sort out with McBookie for 500/1 with a £2.50 stake on each.

Gutted that we never saw a 5th Dons goal which would've been an incredible way to introduce him to the Scottish game but he loved the match nonetheless! And the top guy/girl that McBookie is he/she has put a free £5 in my account as a way of saying unlucky!

As for the game itself I thought the defence for the Dons was all over the shop, especially at set-pieces which must be concerning but obviously no issue going forward. May looked terrific, Wright was great and Christie unplayable at times- definitely the man of the match for me. What's up with McLean though? Thought he looked poor throughout, penalty aside. 

I liked Bannigan for Thistle but it was a stupid foul to give away the penalty and when he went off I felt Thistle lost a bit of their shape and Aberdeen were able to find more space in the forward areas. Thistle shouldn't be too disheartened by the result though, surely a win is round the corner. 

F**K, F**K, F**KITY, F**K! We done it again! Another f**king late goal! I really fear for our place in the league if we can't hold on to a lead or even a point. All top flight referees can get tae f**king France, every single game, every single season they f**k up simple decisions, something needs to be done about them asap I recommend we try the lower league referees, they can't be any worse. 

3 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

A Saints draw at Celtic Park to send the Dons top of the league. A great day for all concerned. 

Not for us.

Thistle fans. Genuine question.

Does your GK always waste time from about 15 minutes into a game and do you always take throw ins 20 yards from where the ball goes out ?

Can't decide if you were good or if it was just our shite defence.

Big lad in the middle looked really decent for you though.

Ah, that takes me back.
Big Tam Cerny is a master level Troll.
The absolute SEETHE on display from opposition fans was a sight to behold.

[emoji13][emoji13] aye he wound us up right enough.

Hate moaning after a win and a great game but I'm going to do it.

Scottish Refs really are criminal. I don't think Madden knew what he was doing throughout the game. Gave clueless decisions for both teams.

Not much fun listening to Sportsound but glad we got there. Safe to say the defence played today can safely be shelved.

Does make me wonder about Arnason, yes he may not be fit but he's not going to get fit sitting on the bench.

Anyway thank goodness for Adam Rooney. Some boi.

1 hour ago, JockysJetpack said:

What's up with McLean though? Thought he looked poor throughout, penalty aside. 

He's a dirty wee snake biding his time to jump ship to the zombies. Woeful lack of ambition.

56 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Scottish Refs really are criminal. I don't think Madden knew what he was doing throughout the game. Gave clueless decisions for both teams.

An appalling performance from one of Scotland's so-called best refs, summed up by him blowing for full time just after awarding us a corner. That c**t gets European games, it's staggering.

He's a dirty wee snake biding his time to jump ship to the zombies. Woeful lack of ambition.

I'd get rid now. McInnes won't even drop or Sub him so not much chance of that

Had one good half season but largely disappointing apart from that.

Think Stewart will be influential once he can last 90 minutes.

Says a lot about us now that even when going 1-2 down you still have faith they will win.

A long way from the dark days of going 10 games without a goal.

Told my 8 year old to make the most of today and milk being top for as long as he can here in Glasgow [emoji106]. ????[emoji1248]????[emoji294]️[emoji294]️????[emoji1248]????

On a separate note. I hear Stockley is away.

An appalling performance from one of Scotland's so-called best refs, summed up by him blowing for full time just after awarding us a corner. That c**t gets European games, it's staggering.

Aye I would have been absolutely livid at that.
Seemed he was on the wind up all game. I'm sure he was drunk.

I might be in a minority of one here, but I actually thought our defence wasn't that bad.

Thistle's first two goals are primarily down to individual errors from Shinnie rather than collective defensive failures; McLean doesn't cover himself in glory at the second, either. The third was slack marking - good delivery and a decent header, but Keown shouldn't be allowed such an easy run. Today's defence might not be the answer, but I'd be reticent to write it off based on that game alone. Also, whilst I haven't historically been an advocate for Considine at centre-back, I thought he did fine.

I was impressed by Christie, Tansey and Wright.  McLean wasn't great, but I didn't feel he was as poor as some are making out. 

Certainly work to be done, but most of our play was improved from last week - and you can't have many complaints with 12 points from 12. 

Archived