Guess the ground

Flybhoy

38 minutes ago, Christophe said:

You are aware you chose a picture with “CELTIC PARK” emblazoned on the side of the stand, yeah? :lol:

I am,  but it was very small writing and I enjoy this thread as it gives me the chance to look at old grounds, nothing more. There have been plenty of others with clues writ large.

7 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

I am,  but it was very small writing and I enjoy this thread as it gives me the chance to look at old grounds, nothing more. There have been plenty of others with clues writ large.

Excuse my hubris sir, not a regular on this thread so not aware of the protocol, just found it humorous!

Driving myself daft trying to google a clue in your last picture too, can zoom into the name of the field but still not having any luck! 

1 minute ago, Christophe said:

Excuse my hubris sir, not a regular on this thread so not aware of the protocol, just found it humorous!

Driving myself daft trying to google a clue in your last picture too, can zoom into the name of the field but still not having any luck! 

It is a tad obscure. It is also Scottish and I went more for where it was than who it was.

23 hours ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

You are way too good for me........................................

....but I'll try again with a ground I visited for the first time this season...........

20170916_133500.thumb.jpg.5426fd52db433d9b4246b08b7cd75e97.jpg

Ah. It’s Rothesay.

1 hour ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Since 7-2 hasn't posted his turn, I'll put this one forward.

No goals up or football lines down when this was taken, but it is used for football!

guess the ground.jpg

53 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Picaquhoy Centre in Orkney?

Actually seen Cowden play there:)

• 11 months later...

bump for this marvellous thread - could do with it being back up and running over christmas !

distinct lack of scottish venues in the most recent installment of the Guardian's irregular series, but interesting nonetheless:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2018/dec/22/football-then-and-now-interactive-quiz-part-six