Dumbarton v Connah's Quay Nomads 2/9/17 2.30pm kick off

Silverton End

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Here Come The Sons said:

Never again should that team or one like them be permitted to enter this competition again. The most embarrassing display of gamesmanship and cheating that I have ever seen. It actually gives me a new level of appreciation for the Scottish game as I have never seen one of our teams sink to that level. Disgraceful.

That happens in Scottish Football and every other league when a weaker team is trying to play out a result v a better team. C'mon to f**k. I once watched Cowdenbeath score a penalty after 3 minutes against us on their own ground and begin timewasting then. Its not as if gamesmanship is unique to Connah's Quay or whatever the f**k they are called. :lol: 

Are we in with a shout of winning this thing? When was the last time we got past round one of the challenge cup? Never mind into round 3?? I'm sure SO8 will come up with the answer.
Yes I know we haven't even played a Scottish league side yet but who cares! Maybe we've found our level, u-20 colt nonsense and Welsh mobs every week please.

The ref was laughable most of the game. A simple yellow card at the start of the 2nd half for the ridiculous time wasting would have gone a long way to nipping it. They just took the piss the from the start of the 2nd half and the ref let it happen. As bad as I know we were, the referee letting them do so, in combination with the foul any time 2 players came into contact with one another, really hampered our chances to do anything productive.

One of the few he got right was the penalty. Stupid and clumsy tackle from Carswell, who looks a shadow of the player he was last year at the moment.

I thought that Hutton was getting a bit of a hard time when he signed and I was willing to give him a chance, but he is absolutely awful. Shouldn't be anywhere near the first team based on that performance today.

I have to praise Nade forward today actually. Despite looking completely finished after 70 mins he was probably our best player, along with Wilson after he came on, in extra time. Special mention to Froxylias, who looks like he really wants to get on the ball at all times. Hopefully he kicks on and will be a useful addition based on today I think.

34 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Absolutely ridiculous time wasting from the Nomads from almost as soon as they scored. The officiating was awful as well, could have stopped the nonsense by making as decision but only seemed interested in picking up on any little possible infraction. I've seen some bad Scottish refs, but looks like the Northern Irish standard is no better.

By the sounds of the Nomads committee guy towards the end, the players might not have had time to change before they got their coach to Glasgow Central. Whoever organised that travel plan...

Quite funny that they wasted no time in leaving.

15 minutes ago, Snakebite said:

That happens in Scottish Football and every other league when a weaker team is trying to play out a result v a better team. C'mon to f**k. I once watched Cowdenbeath score a penalty after 3 minutes against us on their own ground and begin timewasting then. Its not as if gamesmanship is unique to Connah's Quay or whatever the f**k they are called. :lol: 

I kid you not mate, that was fucking terrible. They time wasted like no team I've seen before and I've seen us shitfest numerous games. If that is in any way a representation of how the foreign teams treat this cup they deserve binned and a large dose of bad AIDS. We were fucking terrible, beyond terrible, yet they thrived to be worse. Froxy's free kick was the only thing that made it worthwhile. 

Awful opponents, hope they struggle and die tbqhwy.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I kid you not mate, that was fucking terrible. They time wasted like no team I've seen before and I've seen us shitfest numerous games. If that is in any way a representation of how the foreign teams treat this cup they deserve binned and a large dose of bad AIDS. We were fucking terrible, beyond terrible, yet they thrived to be worse. Froxy's free kick was the only thing that made it worthwhile. 

Awful opponents, hope they struggle and die tbqhwy.

Can't disagree with any of this. I had hoped I'd like them and could adopt them as a Welsh team, but nope. I am delighted by the prospect of them having to stand around waiting for later trains - because I had to sit around waiting for a football match for most of this afternoon.

45 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Are we in with a shout of winning this thing? When was the last time we got past round one of the challenge cup? Never mind into round 3?? I'm sure SO8 will come up with the answer.
Yes I know we haven't even played a Scottish league side yet but who cares! Maybe we've found our level, u-20 colt nonsense and Welsh mobs every week please.

This s the second time we've won two games in the same season. The other time was in 2002 when we lost to QoS in the quarter finals.

I went along to this, and wish I never bothered. As others have said, the timewasting from Connah's Quay was unreal. Their keeper coming to take a free kick at the halfway line, further up the park than three of their defenders was a new low. There was no flow to the game since the ref stopped the game for every bit of contact. Up there with one of the worst refereeing performances I've ever seen, and this is from watching Scottish refs on a weekly basis. Thistle legend David 'Div' Wilson came on and changed the game, and Froxylias looked very good indeed. Never realised that was his first start either, could be a very, very key part of your team this season. 

30 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Lest we forget that this mob beat HELSINKI. That absolutely defies belief tbh.

Finnish football must be dreadful.

My highlight of their timewasting was their right-back jogging across to the left wing to take a throw-in. Seriously had to be seen to be believed.

7 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

I went along to this, and wish I never bothered. As others have said, the timewasting from Connah's Quay was unreal. Their keeper coming to take a free kick at the halfway line, further up the park than three of their defenders was a new low. There was no flow to the game since the ref stopped the game for every bit of contact. Up there with one of the worst refereeing performances I've ever seen, and this is from watching Scottish refs on a weekly basis. Thistle legend David 'Div' Wilson came on and changed the game, and Froxylias looked very good indeed. Never realised that was his first start either, could be a very, very key part of your team this season. 

Very glad someone who is neutral agrees with everything being said on here. It could quite easily be seen as sour grapes from any outsiders.

Not only his first start, his first game having only signed 2 days ago! Definitely could be vital for us if he pushes on from here.

I followed them on Twitter this week and I'm trying to bite my lip about letting rip about how embarrassing they were. Like So8, I really wanted to like them but there is zero chance of me wanting the cheating, timewasters to do well. My favourite timewasting moment was when the goalie went down "injured" and then took off a glove, then took an age to put it back on. We could have twenty people give us a favourite and have twenty different occurrences. It was that bad. 

I hope they they missed the train!

2 minutes ago, microdave said:

I followed them on Twitter this week and I'm trying to bite my lip about letting rip about how embarrassing they were. Like So8, I really wanted to like them but there is zero chance of me wanting the cheating, timewasters to do well. My favourite timewasting moment was when the goalie went down "injured" and then took off a glove, then took an age to put it back on. We could have twenty people give us a favourite and have twenty different occurrences. It was that bad. 

I hope they they missed the train!

Thought the goalkeeper thing was laughable too. That incident alone was about 5 mins of time, yet the ref only added on 4 to the 90. Just another thing in the list of calls he got wrong.

If you're looking for a chuckle, the Connah's Quay manager is absolutely seething in his post-match interview :lol:

Apparently the free-kick that we scored the winner from wasn't a foul, because the physio didn't have to come on - and the referee was overawed by our crowd :lol::lol::lol:

Back in your box, diddies.

Archived