Breakfast thread

ICTChris

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

And it's cold.

Pour into a cereal bowl - stir in some milk, microwave on full power for two minutes, let it stand for 1 minute, then eat it with a spoon. Ask mummy - maybe she could help you with this.

Pour into a cereal bowl - stir in some milk, microwave on full power for two minutes, let it stand for 1 minute, then eat it with a spoon. Ask mummy - maybe she could help you with this.

No time to chisel oats off bowls. Oats and scrambled eggs don't need to be cooked in a micro. Nicer on the hob.

Usually fruit and yoghurt then half a weetabix protein with all bran and raisin then 1 slice toast with butter and a cup of green tea. ( an acquired taste I know )

If away for a few days love a full scottish although I must admit by the third morning the attraction begins to wane and by the fourth it's back to fruit etc.

The smell of fish in the morning is absolutely disgusting and imo hotels should provide a quarantine room for these people away from normal people so that they can't pollute the atmosphere of the dining room.

If taking the porridge option at work;

Hot water from the zip tap, microwave for a minute, add milk, microwave another 30 seconds. Then top up with more milk. Add salt to taste.

I've been thinking that the microwave might not be needed if I had the patience to wait after adding the water. Might try it.

I really don't like breakfast cereals...most of them are very high in sugar and salt.

Took this on board this morning and examined the box of bran flakes (leading supermarket alternative) - was surprised to find out it had higher sugar and salt quantity than the Mrs' special k...although triple the fibre content.

Weighed out the recommended 30g serving and pleasingly it wasn't far off my usual portion.

Will report back with further findings.

Archived