The Tribute Act v CL Diddy Team

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never really care about old firm games, but I hope rangers win to end this embarrassing 'invincibles' pish.  An old fashioned blood and snotters pub league style old firm game with punches, stamping, pitch invasions, managers sent to the stand, corrupt referees and conspiracies galore might be the best chance of ending this nonsense.

A team who are pretty average in the grand scheme of things, getting absolutely humiliated in Europe and aren't even close to Martin O'Neil's team of 15 years ago, never mind some of the great Scottish club sides of the past, being lauded as history making is a bit sad for our game, and reflects how much the rest of Scottish football has regressed in terms of quality. 

2-1 to Pedro's currantios

Spoiler

It won't be, Celtic will stroll it.

While it would be fun to get the less balanced Celtic fans back to maing up conspiracy theories and saying how everything's pureunfairsoitispal, rather than waxing lyrical about how amazing they are, I'd get far more enjoyment out of watching them put as many goals as they want past the exploding clown car that is Rangers.  

Plus, let's save the killing of the invincibles tag for someone more worthy than that shower.

Rangers           v             Celtic
Foderingham               Gordon
Tavernier                        Lustig
Cardoso                          Boyata
Alves/Wilson               Simunovic
John                                  Tierney
Candeias                        Brown
Dorrans                           Ntcham
Jack                                   Forrest
Windass                          Rogic
Miller                                Sinclair
Morelos                           Griffiths

Rangers need the points more than Celtic do and Morelos is probably good for a goal.
The same for Sinclair scoring 10 goals already.
Celtic have scored 4 goals or more in 7 matches this season,scoring 40 goals in 15 matches.
Rangers have 23 goals in 10 matches.
My prediction: Rangers 2 Celtic 4

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Rangers           v             Celtic
Foderingham               Gordon
Tavernier                        Lustig
Cardoso                          Boyata
Alves                                 Simunovic
John                                  Tierney
Candeias                        Brown
Dorrans                           Ntcham
Jack                                   Forrest
Windass                          Rogic
Miller                                Sinclair
Morelos                           Griffiths

Rangers need the points more than Celtic do and Morelos is probably good for a goal.
The same for Sinclair scoring 10 goals already.
Celtic have scored 4 goals or more in 7 matches this season,scoring 40 goals in 15 matches.
Rangers have 23 goals in 10 matches.
My prediction: Rangers 2 Celtic 4

Alves looking unlikely to play.

6 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Wilson is injured as well as far as I know.  Could be Cardoso McRorie at the back.  John went off with a knock too so we might have Hodson at left back.

Which will be just fantastic.  

From what little I have seen of him, Alves has been fairly poor. Struggled against Thistle the other night and was terrible against Hibs. I actually think it might be a good thing for Rangers if he is out and the young boy is played, as the midfield and full backs will sit deeper to offer more protection. If Rangers try and go toe to toe with Celtic it will wind up another 1-5. Their best bet is sitting in and hoping Morelos can force a mistake and take a half chance.

15 minutes ago, Ross. said:

From what little I have seen of him, Alves has been fairly poor. Struggled against Thistle the other night and was terrible against Hibs. I actually think it might be a good thing for Rangers if he is out and the young boy is played, as the midfield and full backs will sit deeper to offer more protection. If Rangers try and go toe to toe with Celtic it will wind up another 1-5. Their best bet is sitting in and hoping Morelos can force a mistake and take a half chance.

Any team that have parked the bus against Celtic get humped?

Archived