The Apprentice 2019

The Minertaur

How on earth did James get through that? :lol: 

Michaela doesn't seem to need Alan Sugar or his money to be honest. She's probably one of the most credible candidates in terms of actual experience that the apprentice has had in a long time. She's built herself up from the ground and seems to have good ideas at the same time as having the drive to actually seeing her ideas through. The reality is she's the strongest candidate but wouldn't be at Sugar's beckon call.

Sarah is surely a shoe-in to win now.

I've asked this before I'm sure but does anyone have any idea how much Sugar will make from the show itself? His fee probably covers his investment. Though £250K out of his pocket is probably the equivalent of £50 out of my pocket.

The show is definitely all about the entertainment now. Certainly not a serious business show.

Sure I read somewhere that he donates his fee to something like Great Ormond Street hospital. No idea what the actual fee is, though.

I've always thought that the 250k for 50% regardless of the business was a bit off. It's like no matter what the business is and whether or not it was established or just existed in the head of the candidate, it puts an immediate value at half a million. I'm sure that works out in Sugar's favour more often than not.

Sure I read somewhere that he donates his fee to something like Great Ormond Street hospital. No idea what the actual fee is, though.
I've always thought that the 250k for 50% regardless of the business was a bit off. It's like no matter what the business is and whether or not it was established or just existed in the head of the candidate, it puts an immediate value at half a million. I'm sure that works out in Sugar's favour more often than not.
I see your point but it's still a better deal than typically offered to the Dragon's Den participants. They often give up significant %s of their business idea for multiples of £10,000 rather than £250,000.

3 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

It came out in the interviews that some of her customers found her unpleasant to deal with, which I could readily believe.

The most Elizabeth moment was precisely that. She was told that a customer left a review saying she was rude, loud and aggressive. Elizabeth denied the claim by answering the question in a rude, loud and aggressive manner. Absolute c**t of a person. 

9 hours ago, mike rankine said:
On 12/14/2017 at 10:00, MSU said:

I see your point but it's still a better deal than typically offered to the Dragon's Den participants. They often give up significant %s of their business idea for multiples of £10,000 rather than £250,000.

You're right, it's definitely better than the standard Dragon's Den deal. I guess with DD, there's at least an element of negotiation and historic turnover and profit at least *seem* to have an impact on the valuation. I haven't seen it in a while, but in earlier series the likes on Bannantyne would just act the c**t and demand half the business. And then of course at the end of the scale you'd get the halfwits who want 100k for 3% of a doggie grooming business that has made a hundred quid over the last three years. At least the Apprentice guys know what they're getting into  upfront.

Anyone else a little surprised that Elizabeth was a girl when she was growing up?

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I reckon you'd be better with a Dragon though. Sugar all but says he doesn't want anything to do with the actual running of the business. I feel a Dragon would be a bit more hands on.

Could be well off mind you.

This season, probably more than any, they've dropped this hand off approach into the conversation, and he's done it himself in the boardroom. Yet when one of them said they needed his help going from 3m to 30m, he seemed to suggest that was what floated his boat. Whether it's Sugar or his staff that are involved, you'd hope there'd be some mentoring that would allow him to take disproportionate credit for any success.