Harvey Weinstein

ICTChris

I wasn’t going to wade in but @Twinkles victim blaming....:..

just under a yr ago  I became a victim. I didn’t go to the police because I couldn’t face the questioning and the physical examinations. It happened, I needed to get myself together as quickly as possible as I have dependants. It wasn’t an easy decision. You can sit there and say “oh if it happened to my family we’d be straight to the police”

But until you’ve been there it’s subjective. Would you force the hugely traumatised victim to go to the police despite conviction rates being low and the victim going through it time and again in the investigation and any trial? 

Some people want to heel, get appropriate help and leave it behind. 

Hollywood is run on power, his power was such that woman probably felt even less inclined to report anything as such an event strips you of your power. Leaves you with fear. 

50 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

I for one am shocked to discover that something like a "casting couch" exists. Whoddathunkit?

It's probably a good sign that this is considered a scandal now.

On the other hand, the Weinsteins were apparently never liked by the Hollywood establishment, as the (relatively) young, arrogant upstarts with the indie studio. Maybe the execs at the big studios still get away with it.

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

It's probably a good sign that this is considered a scandal now.

On the other hand, the Weinsteins were apparently never liked by the Hollywood establishment, as the (relatively) young, arrogant upstarts with the indie studio. Maybe the execs at the big studios still get away with it.

They will until a story like the one about Weinstein breaks. Wouldn't even be surprised if there were others involved in that very company who would continue to get away with it while the spotlight is on Weinstein.

One of the models he groped wore a wire on behalf of the NYPD in 2015. Not that blaming any who didn't report him before or after is anything other than pretty scummy behaviour.

The prosecutor who decided not to proceed with this case had taken donations from Weinstein.
Pay as you go justice?

https://nytlive.nytimes.com/womenintheworld/2017/10/10/what-harvey-and-trump-have-in-common/

Interesting article on how Weinstein got away with everything for so long by a person who once ran his book company and magazine. Stuff like buying movie options of every terrible book written by some gossip journalist. Trading secrets he knew about stars to quash stories. Book deals with no deadlines for projects that would obviously never be finished. "Consultancy" jobs. Beats bags of cash. Kind of the same as how the Clintons used their foundation.

3 minutes ago, mjw said:

Looks like James Corden may have been too soon cracking jokes about HW at an awards show.

I say jokes but it's one of the unfunniest c***s alive cracking them.

Aye, but he's ace at filling cars with fuel.

2 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

This! I honestly don't get his appeal or why he is so highly regarded, the c**t has no talent

Have you not been alive the last 10 years?

My TV is full of talentless cocks making millions for being talentless. 

I'd tell you who started it but seeing as they're now dead, I wouldn't appear as classy as i usually do.