The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

The problem with these is keeping it cold.  Far too big to stand up in a fridge without major bother surely?

Fling mince, chicken nuggets, ice cream and associated foodstuffs out of a chest freezer and respectfully lay the T down to rest and chill.

You are duty bound to let us know how this works. Will it get warm? Will they be flat? Is it all just a dream?

I will try and provide an update on Saturday. They're at my mates house, they'll be stored in a brick outhouse which should keep them cool until consumption.

4 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

You are duty bound to let us know how this works. Will it get warm? Will they be flat? Is it all just a dream?

^^^This. They look like they would easily fit in a fridge if the keys aren't for @Bairnardo 's car.

2 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I will try and provide an update on Saturday. They're at my mates house, they'll be stored in a brick outhouse which should keep them cool until consumption.

Unsatisfactory test for late Spring. Get him to put the solids in the outhouse.

At (roughly) 1602 today I will disembark my carriage at Glasgow Queen Street station, whereupon I shall head immediately to Droothys and meet up with my brothers in T. One, maybe two pints of this glorious golden ambrosia shall be consumed in Droothys before we head off on a wee Tennents adventure round the City of Glasgow, home of our heroic beverage.

Today will be a good day brothers. Today will be a good day.

With having a night out tomorrow and probably going out for a few on Saturday (and making a royal c**t of it last weekend...still though, a story to tell I guess) I wasn’t going to go to the pub after work tonight but after some of the photos recently and the above post I’m no longer sure I won’t go...

With having a night out tomorrow and probably going out for a few on Saturday (and making a royal c**t of it last weekend...still though, a story to tell I guess) I wasn’t going to go to the pub after work tonight but after some of the photos recently and the above post I’m no longer sure I won’t go...

What time do you finish? I will push you over the line with a pic of my first pint.

Might even get the earlier train just to help a brother out.

Eta in a past life I utilised the Highland Hotel as Aberdeens finest purveyor of Tennents. That said, Aitchies and the Grill treat it with the respect it deserves.

What time do you finish? I will push you over the line with a pic of my first pint.

Might even get the earlier train just to help a brother out.

If I’m going to the pub I’ll leave about half 4. Couple of pints then up the road to my mates for some food and further cans of liquid gold.

If I’m going to the pub I’ll leave about half 4. Couple of pints then up the road to my mates for some food and further cans of liquid gold.
Nice. Should be able to give you a tall, frosty, delicious golden push in the right direction before then.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

At (roughly) 1602 today I will disembark my carriage at Glasgow Queen Street station, whereupon I shall head immediately to Droothys and meet up with my brothers in T. One, maybe two pints of this glorious golden ambrosia shall be consumed in Droothys before we head off on a wee Tennents adventure round the City of Glasgow, home of our heroic beverage.

Today will be a good day brothers. Today will be a good day.

Right across the road from my office.  I'll keep an eye out for the midget heading in when I'm leaving work.

Right across the road from my office.  I'll keep an eye out for the midget heading in when I'm leaving work.
Il be the one with the smile from ear to ear at the prospect of a freshly poured pint of tennents.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, Adam said:

Il be the one with the smile from ear to ear at the prospect of a freshly poured pint of tennents.

Yes, quite jealous!  

My turn will come on Sunday.  Having a BBQ at my girlfriend's gaff, got all the food sorted so advised her to pick up a couple of the TL kegs which are on sale in Morrisons.  Also going over to a friend's house on Saturday night for drunken debauchery and have ensured that Tennents is on the menu.  

Edited by Adam

Guest bernardblack

Have any fellow T lovers tried the "tank tennents"?

I walk past Malones when I work in Edinburgh but don't want to mess about with an experimental T that costs nearly £5