Hibs vs Hearts

1 hour ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Ownership more interested in infrastructure and finance than doing anything of note on the park, a team that regularly gets bullied by their rivals' big physical players and greets about it afterwards, youth academy graduates stitching up the club and leaving for next to nothing, one of the most embarrassing national cup losing runs in Scottish football. Hearts have finally evolved into what their dimwitted, inbred fans have obsessed over for years, and that's Hibs.

IMG_0437.GIF

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Hearts booeys trashing their maggots about being ahead of us after one round of games. With a game in hand for us, as well.

Talk about slim pickings  eMlO2Ay.png

Without playing a single proper home game.

Avoid defeat here and we'll be ten points clear of Hibs come the return fixture.

4U0m6pP.png

Shame the thread is locked and I can't quote it properly but here is the last time I can mind Paulo predicting ten point leads.

Rangers utterly strolled it as well. I can see United winning it by close to ten points in the end. Were Hibs not about ten in front at one point?

Just the 24 points off with that yin yXAbrOQ.png

7 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Ownership more interested in infrastructure and finance than doing anything of note on the park, a team that regularly gets bullied by their rivals' big physical players and greets about it afterwards, youth academy graduates stitching up the club and leaving for next to nothing, one of the most embarrassing national cup losing runs in Scottish football. Hearts have finally evolved into what their dimwitted, inbred fans have obsessed over for years, and that's Hibs.

:lol:

3 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Shame the thread is locked and I can't quote it properly but here is the last time I can mind Paulo predicting ten point leads.

Just the 24 points off with that yin yXAbrOQ.png

A bit like the gap between us the year we ran away with it - leaving you down there for a further two seasons. 4U0m6pP.png

7 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

I do actually think there is something in this, I've said it before but there is a bit of a 'Hibs' element about us (certainly last season) where we just accepted failure and made excuses afterwards. It's been fairly obvious in the last 2 cup games (2016 and 2017) where the Hibs players and fans just wanted it more than us - we used to turn up at the derby and know we would take something from it but that's been gone since we came up from the Championship. The atmosphere at Easter Road in the away end has been brutal, so flat.

Having said that, I'm hopeful that Craig Levein is going to bring back the passion and fight in the team. A bit worried that we're going to sit back for the first 30 minutes and ride it out until Levein and MacPhee have read the game and change it to suit them, whereas it sounds like we'd be best going for it and getting the early goal considering Hibs' performances lately.

I'd go with a similar team to the one we finished with against St Johnstone, with Cowie in place of Cochrane (he doesn't deserve to be dropped but like has already been said, I think he's too lightweight to be chucked in to a derby). Henderson is probably the same but he's got the pace we need, and would much, much rather have him on the wing than Lafferty shoved out wide again.

An early goal and I think we'll win, if we've not gone for it and sit back at the start of the game then I'll start to worry.

9 minutes ago, Elixir said:

A bit like the gap between us the year we ran away with it - leaving you down there for a further two seasons. 4U0m6pP.png

I'm sure I speak for all Hibs fans when I say we were gutted not to have been promoted first time round and instead stayed down and won the Scottish Cup putting your mob out on the way.

Would much rather have went up that first season and dossed around mid table in the Premier and got pumped by a bunch of Maltese waiters.

4 minutes ago, Zing. said:

It’s a shame big Daz won’t be on the pitch for this one. We’ll miss his brand of silky defending (bodying c***s). 

D7411B4A-DD1B-427B-A08F-7FFB707DFFFD.gif.7ba92342b8125aa3c7c1115f3953dc6c.gif

This is a perfect example of why a lot of fans don't want him in the first team, not the worst challenge in the world. Cowie has no heart and is anonymous in most games. Think Gorgie Road ^^ has summed it up perfectly.

9 minutes ago, GorgieRoad said:

I do actually think there is something in this, I've said it before but there is a bit of a 'Hibs' element about us (certainly last season) where we just accepted failure and made excuses afterwards. It's been fairly obvious in the last 2 cup games (2016 and 2017) where the Hibs players and fans just wanted it more than us - we used to turn up at the derby and know we would take something from it but that's been gone since we came up from the Championship. The atmosphere at Easter Road in the away end has been brutal, so flat.

Having said that, I'm hopeful that Craig Levein is going to bring back the passion and fight in the team. A bit worried that we're going to sit back for the first 30 minutes and ride it out until Levein and MacPhee have read the game and change it to suit them, whereas it sounds like we'd be best going for it and getting the early goal considering Hibs' performances lately.

I'd go with a similar team to the one we finished with against St Johnstone, with Cowie in place of Cochrane (he doesn't deserve to be dropped but like has already been said, I think he's too lightweight to be chucked in to a derby). Henderson is probably the same but he's got the pace we need, and would much, much rather have him on the wing than Lafferty shoved out wide again.

An early goal and I think we'll win, if we've not gone for it and sit back at the start of the game then I'll start to worry.

Aye, I'm a lot less confident about this than I'd have been if Cathro was still there. Lennon handled the cup games really well last year, don't think a Levein team will look as naive and easily outfought. Much as I was laughing at the league table chat earlier, I think it probably does reflect that the teams are pretty evenly matched. I'd be surpised if Hibs, Hearts and Motherwell don't end up 4th-6th in some order.

Hearts don't seem to be scoring or conceding much and we're getting by whilst shipping too many pishy goals. Hopefully Levein does play it quite negatively and we can take control early. If we don't, Hearts have a good chance to nick it. I don't think we'll keep a clean sheet on Tuesday.

24 minutes ago, Elixir said:

That was quoted as an example of your stellar prediction skills, rather than through any pride about our points total last year. Think you'd predicted half the league for the title by the end of last season 7dTWNk4.png

There’s no doubt Hearts will score. Probably Lafferty after we fail to deal with a set piece or a cross ball. I’m worried Lennon goes for a similar team that started against Celtc. I’d want us going for it from the off with plenty of support being provided for Stokes. I reckon Swanson might get a start as well. 

Get Slivka at right mid to f**k

4-4-2 narrow diamond, Bartley behind McGinn & McGeouch with Slivka sitting at the top of the diamond. Stokes & Murray or up front (Shaw on from the bench)

As for goalie and defence...

tenor.gif

Archived