Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be United's next permanent manager?  

217 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I think Webster would be a big plus in the coaching staff, but what's far more important is a Webster-like character in the playing squad.  

Someone who is good and preferably a defender who can organise his defence and someone who will give an on-field bollocking if needed.  

It would have been hard for Saturday's captain to bollock anyone as he was one of the worst players on the park and has been in most of the games he's played this season.

This 100%, but let's deal with one problem at a time. 

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let me simplify , recouped means I won back and indeed moved slightly in front after my bets on McDonald , slight odds on against a currently unrecognisable saints represented good value for me.

Aye, but how much did you win?

A few quid to cover my previous loses plus a smidge of profit , I won't disclose amount , but I can confirm it was under 4 figures.

So you're one of those saft c***s who put bets on praying for a £3 win.

23 minutes ago, wardy83 said:

Unfortunately the appointment is gonna come down to money. Anyone but Yogi!!!!!

It'll come down to the losses we'll suffer if we don't go back up this year. I doubt we'll scrimp on it if there's an expensive proven option we could get. Whether there's anyone available worth spending money on is another question. 

I don't suppose Tommy Wright's coat's on a shortly's peg yet. 

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

So you're one of those saft c***s who put bets on praying for a £3 win.

Eh ?  Under 4 figures equates to winning less than £3 in your mind, thank f**k my education was not at the establishment you attended

Let me simplify , recouped means I won back and indeed moved slightly in front after my bets on McDonald , slight odds on against a currently unrecognisable saints represented good value for me.

75e5136a6128dd33869cca32224b5691.jpg

10 minutes ago, btb said:

My initial disappointment that McKinnon was going has definitely been tempered by the thought that this dumpling could get the job. If not him please make it Pressley.

34 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

It'll come down to the losses we'll suffer if we don't go back up this year. I doubt we'll scrimp on it if there's an expensive proven option we could get. Whether there's anyone available worth spending money on is another question. 

I don't suppose Tommy Wright's coat's on a shortly's peg yet. 

Do you genuinely believe that?

Jackie - Relatively low basic pay contract (with the % of all sales helping to sweeten the deal)

Mixu - The only manager of the three being touted at the time that didn’t involve paying any compensation.

McKinnon - Lower league manager.

There’s also the added problem that you’re getting an ever worse reputation as a club that doesn’t stand by their managers.

2 hours ago, stumigoo said:

I'll add that to list of Strachan's etc that you can find over on Facebook and other social media sites. I even saw a long back and forth between a set of fans about Alex Neil before it was pointed out some time later that he already had a job. 

I actually enjoy the names that appear from some fans, I love their optimism...

Like this summer when rumours started going around some of our fans that Berbatov was coming as a free agent, or that some defensive wunderkind from Barcelona was coming in on loan. 

:rolleyes:

Archived