Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be United's next permanent manager?  

217 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be glorious appointment. It'd get the United fans rubbing their hands with glee until he proves to be an absolute disaster, like he was with Livingston who still hold the record for lowest points tally ever (Maybe Gretna excluded I cba checking) in the top flight.

Did Lambert manage Livi in the top flight?

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That would be glorious appointment. It'd get the United fans rubbing their hands with glee until he proves to be an absolute disaster, like he was with Livingston who still hold the record for lowest points tally ever (Maybe Gretna excluded I cba checking) in the top flight.

Paul was a good player but his management skills im not so sure Paul has been riding his luck with managment because what he achieved as a player. 

Did Lambert manage Livi in the top flight?

Yeah - The season after we got relegated at Almondvale if I'm not mistaken.

Wikipedia suggests he lasted till February after winning a grand total of 2 games in his whole spell.

Yeah - The season after we got relegated at Almondvale if I'm not mistaken.

Wikipedia suggests he lasted till February after winning a grand total of 2 games in his whole spell.

Totally forgot about all that. Seemed to be highly related down South before the Norwich debacle.

Anyone but Hughes would be my pick.

Livingston did badly in the top flight? I'm convinced that this matters in the slightest.

Of course it does - it's the only Scottish club he's managed and he was such a big disaster that his side still holds the record for lowest points total.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Of course it does - it's the only Scottish club he's managed and he was such a big disaster that his side still holds the record for lowest points total.

Got slabbered 7-0 at Easter rd too, that was the game that destroyed him, stood with his arms folded the following game, showing absolutely no interest in the game, he was a broken man.

Seemed to do well once he went down South though, Livi was his first job in management, and prob the worst manager we've ever had, and we've had some right belters.

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

According to Tyrone on stv, its big Yogi.

He's as bad as Agent Scotland for tweeting stuff about 38 seconds after someone else has already revealed it so I'm assuming that someone else has led with the Yogi to United shout.

I genuinely don't know who I would want. I was quite keen on Hughes and Wright before Mixu got the job. Wright's surely unattainable and Hughes' spell at Rovers has ruined what was previously a mixed record. Lambert is a remarkable dullard. Stubbs' first couple of years at Hibs was no better than McKinnon's and his spell at Rotherham was ghastly.

I'm almost tempted to suggest Billy Davies who, by all accounts, is a massive c**t. He's got a very decent record though (I think) and has the benefit that if things go pear shape (when things go pear shaped) I can join in with calling him a useless w****r without feeling sorry for him.

Rangers and McCoist?

Decent shout tbh

I genuinely don't know who I would want. I was quite keen on Hughes and Wright before Mixu got the job. Wright's surely unattainable and Hughes' spell at Rovers has ruined what was previously a mixed record. Lambert is a remarkable dullard. Stubbs' first couple of years at Hibs was no better than McKinnon's and his spell at Rotherham was ghastly.
I'm almost tempted to suggest Billy Davies who, by all accounts, is a massive c**t. He's got a very decent record though (I think) and has the benefit that if things go pear shape (when things go pear shaped) I can join in with calling him a useless w****r without feeling sorry for him.

Billy Davies is insane. It's not even me exaggerating, some of his recent media comments have been mental.

4 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Which Asda? I only ask because I have just found out he has been staying at the Hilton Doubletree for a few nights...

Just realised that means Hilltown :lol:

Archived