Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be United's next permanent manager?  

217 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

I'm not sure they need one ? The silence from tannadice is hilarious. ST does not only have trouble hiring football managers... he can't even fire them correctly.emoji23.png

f**k me, have they still not got rid of him yet?! :lol:

Is he really or is he just an angry little arsehole? There's probably a fair amount of overlap between the two, tbf.

Think it is a mix tbh. He claimed he pulled out the Hearts job because they wouldn't change the entire club structure to accommodate him, them the next day claimed a vicious smear campaign from "the media" meant nobody was offering him a job.

A strange little man.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Think it is a mix tbh. He claimed he pulled out the Hearts job because they wouldn't change the entire club structure to accommodate him, them the next day claimed a vicious smear campaign from "the media" meant nobody was offering him a job.

A strange little man.

He did come across as a wee bitter man however there is a good manager in there but dont think Thomson would take a chance on him given the press rant. 

We should just appoint Sean Spicer.  Nothing would improve but he would just spin it to make everyone feel better.

"So what do you feel about your 3-0 loss at home to to Brechin Sean?

"Yeah well our midweek game in the Secret Champions League against a combined team of Bayern Munich  and Real Madrid took it out the players, but the seven nil win at Tannadice in front of 42,000 fans makes up for the league disappointment"

8 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Has McKinnon been elbowed?  All media outlets available to me are speculating on the next manager , hugely unprofessional if the club have still not made an announcement of the guys departure.

Unprofessional of whom? Their respective lawyers will be in the process of negotiating the terms of his settlement agreement. Until that's done and dusted he remains a United employee. McKinnon will ken the score and I'm sure will be perfectly happy for matters to be finalised before either side comment publicly.

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

Unprofessional of whom? Their respective lawyers will be in the process of negotiating the terms of his settlement agreement. Until that's done and dusted he remains a United employee. McKinnon will ken the score and I'm sure will be perfectly happy for matters to be finalised before either side comment publicly.

Unprofessional on the part of journalists to be speculating on replacements before official confirmation of his departure.

5 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

It tells you all you need to know about the financial state of the club that 2 days after this meeting he's still in a job. Nae cash to pay him what he's due, so having to get the lawyers in to come to some compromise, hopefully Ray digs his heels in. And quite possibly replaced by an absolute desperado in Boo Boo Hughes:lol::lol:. Grim, grim times for United.

9 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

This.

6 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Unprofessional on the part of journalists to be speculating on replacements before official confirmation of his departure.

and to a degree this; but it's par for the course.

Football managers will know than when a situation like this arises that there will always be public/media speculation before any official announcement.  If that's too tough to take don't get involved in football management.

Given the fact that it's one of the few jobs where you can be shite and still get a healthy payout I,m not to distressed on football managers' behave.

Archived