Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be United's next permanent manager?  

217 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Pressley or Yogi would bring plenty of entertainment (for the rest of us). 

Sadism - the tendency to derive pleasure from the infliction of pain, suffering and humiliation on others.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Wet Wullie said:

Over 50 applications so Utd are saying. Here's hoping they take their time to properly sift through them.

There's bound to be 1 or 2 left field applicants, far from the usual pish names of Hughes, McIntyre, etc etc. 

After going 20 odd  years with 1 manager, Utd have stumbled from 1 disaster appointment to another. . . . With only 2 exceptions. 

Fkn think about it Utd, do not go for a cheap Mixu type option here. This is last chance saloon to get promoted this season! 

3 options for me.

Jack Ross is the standout young up and coming manager. . . Break the bank to get him in! 

Billy Reid is one that intrigues me. Well thought of here and in Sweden. Done a great job with Hamilton and now has even more experience. Very wily, and will undoubtedly make Utd hard to beat. 

Go down the Motherwell route. . . A relatively unknown quantity here but a well respected coach down south or abroad. I'd be surprised if there isn't someone that fits that bill within the applicants. 

No doubt just wasted 10 minutes of my life typing that out as big Yogi will get it :lol:

Jack Ross is on a three year deal  i would imagine United will go for a manager out of work of which there are plenty and no compensation  required . If i was a United fan  Alex McLeish would tick my boxes. 

33 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Jack Ross is on a three year deal  i would imagine United will go for a manager out of work of which there are plenty and no compensation  required . If i was a United fan  Alex McLeish would tick my boxes. 

Pretty sure he'll be chasing a return to the rangers.

1 hour ago, MacGafraidh said:

I see where this is heading...

Need to get out of Championship (to the Premier, not relegated!) - may need to sacrifice football for hoofball - Need proven manager of hoofball = Yogi Hughes! 

Hughes is a tippy tappy, fanny-about-at-the-back until you get dispossessed type. The opposite of hoofball.

4 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

18 pages in and I think we have established all managers are shite and even picking good ones eventually they end up shite.

What's the fucking point?

Yeah we shouldn't bother with a manager, just send the players out with no tactics, no motivation and no game plan.

Oh, wait...

Royal Rumble with The 50 in the Tannadice centre circle, baby oil, gerbils and inflatable weapons, 30,000 seats, £50 a pop, top two are manager and assistant, spunk the 1.5m revenues on  dozens of cable cars and zip lines between the stands.

Archived