Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be United's next permanent manager?  

217 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Och, journalists aren't professionals.

Agreed , but ST could have handled this situation a lot better than appears to be the case, when he had the apparent meeting with McKinnon after the game on Saturday he should have relieved him of his duties immediately and had his severance payment in hand, for this to be dragged on makes Dundee United FC look a very amateurishly run club, for a club who had almost a decade of excellence spanning the 80s-90s it is a shadow of that time and appears to be in complete disarray .

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Agreed , but ST could have handled this situation a lot better than appears to be the case, when he had the apparent meeting with McKinnon after the game on Saturday he should have relieved him of his duties immediately and had his severance payment in hand, for this to be dragged on makes Dundee United FC look a very amateurishly run club, for a club who had almost a decade of excellence spanning the 80s-90s it is a shadow of that time and appears to be in complete disarray .

Sorry but that's just bollocks. You're talking about a guy with a very healthy salary and 20 odd months on his contract to run. You don't just say here's a cheque, don't let the door hit your arse on the way out. Both sides need to be sure that they protect their position before United agree to pay anything and McKinnon agrees to sign away any potential claims. There's a process for that which requires both sides to go through their lawyers. That's what they're doing and it's simply good business practice.

48 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Unprofessional on the part of journalists to be speculating on replacements before official confirmation of his departure.

So sports journalists shouldn't speculate on who the replacement might be when a manager is obviously about to be sacked? His sacking is news and reporting it is their job: it would be unprofessional if they didn't speculate on his replacement.

27 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Sorry but that's just bollocks. You're talking about a guy with a very healthy salary and 20 odd months on his contract to run. You don't just say here's a cheque, don't let the door hit your arse on the way out. Both sides need to be sure that they protect their position before United agree to pay anything and McKinnon agrees to sign away any potential claims. There's a process for that which requires both sides to go through their lawyers. That's what they're doing and it's simply good business practice.

This is the only sacking I know of where the sacked person 3 days later is still employed ffs , I never suggested ST should just say here's a cheque and don't let the door hit your arse on the way out , I said he should have had the situation in hand , but my main gripe is the lack of dialogue from the club , what is the secrecy going to achieve except  hilarity being directed towards your club.S.Thompson has taken the club backwards since taking over as chairman , and his handling of this matter is in my opinion unprofessional , to avoid this happening he should have ( and I despise this term - placed McKinnon on gardening leave which would have given a little clarity until the compensation package was  agreed between the parties involved) but the lack of dialogue has just created a level of confusion .

22 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

This is the only sacking I know of where the sacked person 3 days later is still employed ffs , I never suggested ST should just say here's a cheque and don't let the door hit your arse on the way out , I said he should have had the situation in hand , but my main gripe is the lack of dialogue from the club , what is the secrecy going to achieve except  hilarity being directed towards your club.S.Thompson has taken the club backwards since taking over as chairman , and his handling of this matter is in my opinion unprofessional , to avoid this happening he should have ( and I despise this term - placed McKinnon on gardening leave which would have given a little clarity until the compensation package was  agreed between the parties involved) but the lack of dialogue has just created a level of confusion .

Whilst I accept that this is an open forum and you are entitled to post what you want, as a United fan I couldn't give a flying f**k about your opinion as to how our club is run.

39 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

So sports journalists shouldn't speculate on who the replacement might be when a manager is obviously about to be sacked? His sacking is news and reporting it is their job: it would be unprofessional if they didn't speculate on his replacement.

So your accepting it is ok for a club to inform journalists that a manager has been sacked before officially relaying this to their fans ? 

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Whilst I accept that this is an open forum and you are entitled to post what you want, as a United fan I couldn't give a flying f**k about your opinion as to how our club is run.

I held Dundee Utd in very high regard when wee Jim was you're manager, I now regard them as a laughing stock not quite at sevco level but speeding towards it with each passing day ,down to the excuse of a chairman you have. 

30 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Confirmed he’s away on official now! Good luck ray thanks for ahin, time to move!

Feel comfortable now that McKinnons officially gone to say it looks like Yogi from the bulk of speculation I have read , good luck Utd you will darn well need it .

30 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Confirmed he’s away on official now! Good luck ray thanks for ahin, time to move!

Feel comfortable now that McKinnons officially gone to say it looks like Yogi from the bulk of speculation I have read , good luck Utd you will darn well need it .

3 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

I'm sure the United players will 'step up to the plate' and take the club to the 'next level'.

1 hour ago, happyaccie said:

Happens, literally, all the time. The fact that you've never comes across it before is neither here nor there. 

1 hour ago, Wet Wullie said:

I hope they have a plan in place. No need to get someone in for Saturday.Advertise the gig, Sit tight, and see what transpires. 

Or. . . Just give it to John Hughes. :huh:

I think John Hughes would be a good appointment for Dundee United.  I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team if we were scrapping to avoid relegation, though.

9 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Happens, literally, all the time. The fact that you've never comes across it before is neither here nor there. 

I have sacked many people and believe me they were dismissed on the spot not 3 days later.

4 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

I have sacked many people and believe me they were dismissed on the spot not 3 days later.

Did you also set up a failed technology firm called Amstrad in the 1960s and swan about as if you're a great captain of industry today? You seem familiar. 

24 minutes ago, virginton said:

Did you also set up a failed technology firm called Amstrad in the 1960s and swan about as if you're a great captain of industry today? You seem familiar. 

Or indeed run for President of the USA?

Archived