c***s on the road

59 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

McPherson, a past captain at the club, admitted driving carelessly on Glasgow Road in Perth on 14 August 2020. She was given six penalty points and fined £400

Failing to stop and then having to be tracked down should mean a jail term you can't just go knocking folk down and driving off. 

Hats off to Dundee Van Man who became self proclaimed arbiter of “who can come up the outside lane when traffic is encouraged to do this to merge for roadworks” by driving along the marketgait in the middle of both lanes thus preventing anyone getting past and making the traffic snarl up.

200m after raadworks, pulled over by the feds.

Silly c**t.

51 minutes ago, throbber said:

I was driving on a normal 60 mph road in middle of nowhere  towards a car that was parked in a lay by facing my way. As I came within a few seconds of passing the parked car the passenger door came open coming very close to being in the line of the road right as another car was heading past in the other way meaning that I had a fairly narrow passage in between a moving car and a car door with a guy exiting his vehicle. Am I being overly cautious by being made uneasy by this? Surely if you’re going to open a door in right next to a fast road you would do it when no cars are coming?

It’s all about hazard perception throbs.

With the benefit of 20:20 hindsight, you’ve seen a parked car and a car coming towards you. Textbook answer is modulate your speed (either get faster or go slower) so you avoid three cars abreast on the same piece of tarmac. Not always practical IRL of course. 

Driving School Rule #1: everyone else is an idiot; credit them with any sense and you become the innocent victim in their accident.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Failing to stop and then having to be tracked down should mean a jail term you can't just go knocking folk down and driving off. 

Bare minimum should be a driving ban which means they'd have to resit their test (and likely fail if they are that stupid to do a hit and run).

3 hours ago, 101 said:

Well she did have a tee time booked at Blairgowrie Golf Club and these can be hard to get.

Seriously, I agree with you, instead of 6 penalty points she should have been given 6 months in jail

4 hours ago, Ginaro said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/crime/scots-pensioner-ran-over-schoolboy-27587364

A pensioner knocked a schoolboy flying over the bonnet of her car and left him in the road as she drove off to play golf.

Hit and run driver Muriel McPherson told a court she knew she had struck the boy but "panicked" and fled the scene without stopping. Perth Sheriff Court was told that the former golf club captain simply drove off to make her pre-arranged tee time at Blairgowrie Golf Club.

The 13-year-old boy sustained injuries, but 79-year-old McPherson has been allowed to keep driving after a sheriff decided not to ban her. The court heard how McPherson watched the boy bounce off the bonnet of her car and land on the street in front of her, but then failed to pull over.

McPherson, a past captain at the club, admitted driving carelessly on Glasgow Road in Perth on 14 August 2020. She was given six penalty points and fined £400.

Also, 3m eyesight :eek::blink:

A 30 year old does that and they get jail time. Can't have been that panicked if she made her golf time old bint. 

51 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Don’t think you automatically have to resit your test after a ban.

Depends what you are convicted of 

A Road Traffic Act Section 2 Dangerous Driving conviction carries a mandatory requirement to sit and pass the extended test.

Defence lawyers will often plea bargain for the lesser Section 3 conviction (careless driving) which doesn't carry a mandatory ban 

I know this is an old story but fu-uck!

https://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/national-news/16338073.thieves-stole-motorbike-critically-injured-rider-crash/

Police are appealing for help to find thieves who stole a man’s motorbike as he lay in a life-threatening condition following a crash.

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said the 28-year-old motorbike rider collided with a lamppost in Gorton, Manchester, just after 5.30am on Saturday June 23.

Two men approached the injured biker, who remains in intensive care, on the junction between Mount Road and Kirkmanshulme Lane and stole the motorcycle.

2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Well she did have a tee time booked at Blairgowrie Golf Club and these can be hard to get.

Seriously, I agree with you, instead of 6 penalty points she should have been given 6 months in jail

Should have been ban and community service at the very very least and above that probably 12 months in jail, obviously the guy wasn't badly hurt probably due to his age and speed but if you drive off you don't know what condition the person is in.

Can guarantee if the young guy had mown down the old woman it would have been a cover story of the daily mail about the SNP soft touch justice system.

People travelling along a motorway with not a car to be seen in front of them, and for some reason only known to themselves, they brake. What’s wrong with just lifting your foot off the accelerator if you feel the need to slow down. It’s usually a woman in a Toyota Aygo, who has the seat so far forward her forehead is touching the windscreen. 

Another trait that annoys me on motorways is people sauntering along in the middle lane for miles with the inside lane completely empty, and a couple of hundred yards before the junction they want to exit from, they move over. Why not just drive in that inside lane in the first place instead of forcing other drivers to manoeuvre around you when they want to overtake. I don’t even bother to overtake these people on the right hand side, they get undertaken instantly. I know it’s an offence and punishable by way of a dangerous driving charge, but I would be willing to take that just so I could ask the traffic police why they don’t enforce the offence of not driving to the inside when not overtaking another car. 

14 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I’d not undertake them,  they clearly can’t be trusted,  absolutely no danger would I be chancing that they wouldn’t choose that moment to move back across.

I don’t undertake any vehicle bigger than a car, but you’re probably right it’s not the smartest idea. Most of these middle lane drivers are so oblivious to the fact that you drive in the inside lane unless overtaking someone, that I’ve never had anyone try and move over. I genuinely believe some people think the middle lane of a motorway is the ‘no hassle’ lane. Get on the motorway, into the middle as soon as possible, and coast along at whatever speed you like while everyone else manoeuvre around you. 

4 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Thought they'd made middle lane hogging an offence? Not many places in Scotland it has an effect but plenty in England. 

It is an offence, the same as sitting in the outside lane of a dual carriageway unnecessarily but police are completely reluctant to pull anyone for it apparently. 

6 minutes ago, Empty It said:

It is an offence, the same as sitting in the outside lane of a dual carriageway unnecessarily but police are completely reluctant to pull anyone for it apparently. 

They'd make a fortune issuing tickets on the M8. Especially to drivers of, cliche alert, expensive German cars..