c***s on the road

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Is there not a new rule that pedestrians have the right of way in such situations? 

As much as I dislike the presumption that car is king, I think the new rule is dangerous. 

Thought it was more to do with crossing at junctions. If I'm walking and already started to cross at a T Junction, I know have right of way if a car appears, and I shouldn't have to wait in the middle of the road as a car now uses the same junction to turn. Couple of junctions I regularly use and due to bends in round or failing to indicate or excess speed a car will appear when walking across a junction. The drive often seems to expect it acceptable to make the pedestrian stop as they drive past as they are the 'road user'.  

2 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Is there not a new rule that pedestrians have the right of way in such situations? 

As much as I dislike the presumption that car is king, I think the new rule is dangerous. 

I think that's always been the rule? 

2 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

Thought it was more to do with crossing at junctions. If I'm walking and already started to cross at a T Junction, I know have right of way if a car appears, and I shouldn't have to wait in the middle of the road as a car now uses the same junction to turn. Couple of junctions I regularly use and due to bends in round or failing to indicate or excess speed a car will appear when walking across a junction. The drive often seems to expect it acceptable to make the pedestrian stop as they drive past as they are the 'road user'.  

I was out for a run a few weeks back and had a gammon start screaming at me as I’d already started crossing the road (at a junction) and he flew round in front of me. Stopped, put his window down and looked like he was about to burst. 

The irony is, if he’d went just a bit further and used his side of the road at the junction he’d have been nowhere near me as it’s a fairly decent sized junction. 

Drove up to Perth yesterday.

Just over the Bridge and what do I see on the other side but a car boxed in by two police cars. Obviously caught speeding 

Half an hour later or so just at that bit where there's a curve in the road and I pass the wreck of a car that must have skidded going too fast in the wet around the curve

Guess what make of car in each case? Yup, everyone's favourite Bavarian manufacturers 

Edited by tamthebam

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Just over the Bridge and what do I see on the other side but a car boxed in by two police cars. Obviously caught speeding 

Half an hour later or so just at that bit where there's a curve in the road and I pass the wreck of a car that must have skidded going too fast in the wet around the curve

Guess what make of car in each case? Yup, everyone's favourite Bavarian manufacturers 

Two World Wars, One World Cup.

Heading back up the A77 after the game on Saturday, boy pulls out from a slip road right into the outside lane.
I brake and hold my hands up, like wtf

He then proceeds to slow down to 50 and give me the finger and then doesn't pull back in when it's clear. I move to the inside and he starts trying to brake check me.

Some absolute fuds out there

8 minutes ago, Peil said:

Heading back up the A77 after the game on Saturday, boy pulls out from a slip road right into the outside lane.

He then proceeds to slow down to 50 and give me the finger and then doesn't pull back in when it's clear. I move to the inside and he starts trying to brake check me.

I know it’s hard but the best advice is to breath deeply and ignore these cnuts.

Some of them could be driving without insurance, in a stolen car or under the influence of drink and drugs. Or a combination of all. 

Cnuts everywhere on the road these days. 

Coming back from a weekend away, drive started great, perfect run on the bealach na ba meeting no cars and even better no arseholes in campers, the roads to Inverness pretty decent and then the absolute horror that is the A9 obviously stuck behind some fud doing 40 with numerous cars refusing to overtake. Eventually make it to the Queensferry crossing, well the horrific traffic leading to the crossing that then mystically disappears when you reach the Edinburgh side. Thank f**k I'm still of work for the next few days as I'm done with driving.

13 minutes ago, Peil said:

People like that, I hope meet their end in a burning one-car wreck some day.

Edited by Richey Edwards

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Coming back from a weekend away, drive started great, perfect run on the bealach na ba meeting no cars and even better no arseholes in campers, the roads to Inverness pretty decent and then the absolute horror that is the A9 obviously stuck behind some fud doing 40 with numerous cars refusing to overtake. Eventually make it to the Queensferry crossing, well the horrific traffic leading to the crossing that then mystically disappears when you reach the Edinburgh side. Thank f**k I'm still of work for the next few days as I'm done with driving.

Hens teeth getting over the Bealach meeting no one these days. The last time I drove it, a camper got stuck for ages and I just turned back, haven't done it since.

6 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Hens teeth getting over the Bealach meeting no one these days. The last time I drove it, a camper got stuck for ages and I just turned back, haven't done it since.

I think it was about 8am yesterday, been going up for years and this is the first time I've had a perfect run, including going over at 1am in the past.

On 23/10/2023 at 20:28, Soapy FFC said:

If I'm on an unfamiliar road with lots of bends, then I'll probably be driving slower than locals and those familiar with the road. So if there's someone obviously itching to get past I'll keep my speed down when we get to a straight so they can overtake. It really pisses me off then when they don't take the opportunity to overtake and stay behind and continue to tailgate me.

Good man. I do the same and if they don't overtake me when it is safe to do so I will pull in at the next safe place and let them go.

Or if I am the car getting held up and I do not get the opportunity to pass safely I will pull over at the next layby and have a little break..

All this I must get past, especially with others in your car is just nuts.

Better off late, than dead on time.

3 hours ago, Empty It said:

I think it was about 8am yesterday, been going up for years and this is the first time I've had a perfect run, including going over at 1am in the past.

Still surprises me. I don't go as far as that, that often, the missus was from up near there though, I remember only a matter of 7 or 8 years ago you could drive up to the west highlands late afternoon on a Friday and it be relatively quiet, it's fucking mental now, the amount of tourists is wild and their driving is similar. Skye in recent years is hell, I don't even go there anymore unless it's off season. 

Well Sunday was my first drive in a few months. Live city centre, work a 15min walk, shops are local. No need. Had to drive from Aberdeen to Edinburgh and back. Hired van as doing a house flit for my son.

Well driving again was bloody awful. Steady speed and overtaking folk, so they have to pass you and then pull in and slow again... fucking why?

Tailbacks between Perth and Dundee, purely caused by an inability to filter properly.

Running lights so you have lights on at the front but none at the back, on one of the murkiest, rain slodden days, grey skies days of the year. Who is thicker, those that drive with just running lights (the lights are as much if not more for folk to see you not you to see them), or the cockwomble at the car firm that invited them. 

An award for the plank who drove for about 3miles in the right lane with his right indicator on, how do you not notice. 

The death and destruction clown with no lights on.

The lane changing bams in the queues just causing further congestion.

I hate you all x

23 hours ago, tamthebam said:

There was also one of these parked arse-first through a stone wall local to me at the weekend, which had obviously overcooked it coming off a roundabout and lost the back end in absolutely soaking conditions. Complete imbecile.