c***s on the road

On 17/11/2023 at 16:55, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Well that's the start of it then. This is a different town to what it was 10 years ago. Crack is fucking killing this place.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-67402743

Weird how there's always an Alness link to crime stories in Inverness. And Scousers with drug related stuff of course.

Headey also appeared on a second petition today, facing a charge of attempted murder after an alleged axe attack on an Alness man in Kirkside in the Easter Ross town on October 23 this year.

Another Alness man, Lee Fraser, previously made a private appearance on this charge, at the end of last month. He was released on bail at full committal stage after a successful application by Mr Patterson.

The charge states that Headey, whilst acting with others, assaulted a man, repeatedly struck him on the head and body with an axe, a hammer or similar implement and a quantity of knives, causing him to fall to the ground to his severe injury, permanent disfigurement and to the danger to his life, and did attempt to murder him.

Headey was also charged with possessing an offensive weapon, namely an axe. He was remanded in custody as no application for bail was made by Mr MacColl on theese charges either.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/two-men-appear-in-court-over-murder-of-inverness-man-ross-ma-333486/

52 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Weird how there's always an Alness link to crime stories in Inverness. And Scousers with drug related stuff of course.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/two-men-appear-in-court-over-murder-of-inverness-man-ross-ma-333486/

The town I was born and brought up in (moved away 25 years ago admittedly) seems to have changed so much. Or maybe I just led a very sheltered life. Scouse gangs? Murders with blunt instruments? And all this going on in Dalneigh?  
I’m glad I now live in a sleepy hollow hillbilly town where nothing ever happens. 

32 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

The town I was born and brought up in (moved away 25 years ago admittedly) seems to have changed so much. Or maybe I just led a very sheltered life. Scouse gangs? Murders with blunt instruments? And all this going on in Dalneigh?  
I’m glad I now live in a sleepy hollow hillbilly town where nothing ever happens. 

I spent some time working with a charity delivering household essentials to struggling people referred to by Social Services etc around the Highlands. There are isolated pockets of serious deprivation in just about every town and village in the Highlands, including Dalneigh which is still 90% like you described it, a sleepy enclave full of pensioners. It seems like maintenance and upkeep of the remaining and dwindling social housing stock has been been right at the bottom of Highland Council's priority list for decades, Holyrood's and Westminster's too, and as they said in that baseball film, build it and they will come. The Council's far more concerned about bussing cruise passengers out of Invergordon before they get a chance to wander about, and shipping them down to see Nessie and eventually the multimillion pound renovation of Inverness Castle than improving lives at the bottom of the rung. You can only think that the policy on social housing is to make it as shitty as possible so people move out as soon as possible, leaving space for ne'er-do-wells to make it even worse.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I spent some time working with a charity delivering household essentials to struggling people referred to by Social Services etc around the Highlands. There are isolated pockets of serious deprivation in just about every town and village in the Highlands, including Dalneigh which is still 90% like you described it, a sleepy enclave full of pensioners. It seems like maintenance and upkeep of the remaining and dwindling social housing stock has been been right at the bottom of Highland Council's priority list for decades, Holyrood's and Westminster's too, and as they said in that baseball film, build it and they will come. The Council's far more concerned about bussing cruise passengers out of Invergordon before they get a chance to wander about, and shipping them down to see Nessie and eventually the multimillion pound renovation of Inverness Castle than improving lives at the bottom of the rung. You can only think that the policy on social housing is to make it as shitty as possible so people move out as soon as possible, leaving space for ne'er-do-wells to make it even worse.

Talking of Invergordon, I was merchandising in a hardware shop when a cruise ship came in. Lots of bemused tourists walking up and down the single street looking for something to photograph. Inside the shop, tourists were wandering around looking to buy something, anything. One old boy was buying sandpaper. When his wife looked at him as if he'd lost his mind he said "It'll fit in the suitcase easily".

2 minutes ago, superbigal said:

University of St Andrew's Students.  

The headphoned version (99%) being the ultimate Cuunnts.

Self entitled fuckwits.

FOTSA as we knew them back in the day

"Failed Oxbridge? Try St Andrews". Durham is the English equivalent. 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

FOTSA as we knew them back in the day

"Failed Oxbridge? Try St Andrews". Durham is the English equivalent. 

In my day it was "Failed Oxbridge, try Bristol, failed Bristol, try UEA (Norwich). I went to Norwich, the car park was full every day with brand new Renault 5s.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, thistledo said:

Imagine you got on a cruise with little to no knowledge of Scotland and then you stop in fucking Invergordon. 

There's a very good reason why from about April to September you can't hire a coach for love nor money in the Highlands.  All 5000 of them are in Invergordon ready to shepherd the tourists straight down to Inverness/Loch Ness for the day.  The poor cunt's feet barely touch the ground before they're sat in one.

Just now, TheScarf said:

There's a very good reason why from about April to September you can't hire a coach for love nor money in the Highlands.  All 5000 of them are in Invergordon ready to shepherd the tourists straight down to Inverness/Loch Ness for the day.  The poor c**t's feet barely touch the ground before they're sat in one.

Sit on a bus to Loch Ness or spend time in Invergordon though, easy choice even if you're just off the boat. 

2 hours ago, thistledo said:

Imagine you got on a cruise with little to no knowledge of Scotland and then you stop in fucking Invergordon. 

The new destination is Aberdeen, however the new harbour extension is completely separate form the old harbour and has two issues for the arriving cruise ships,

1. The South harbour is next to the sewage works at Nigg and stinks 95% of the time,

2. To get out on the buses to Aberdeen, Royal Deeside, anywhere they are bused through Torry (like Invergordon without the personality and charm).

The other thing it has in common with Invergordon is the south harbour is where the usually have things like this parked,

image.png.641b788f638e4838d21e7645a58aaff4.png

38 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

The new destination is Aberdeen, however the new harbour extension is completely separate form the old harbour and has two issues for the arriving cruise ships,

1. The South harbour is next to the sewage works at Nigg and stinks 95% of the time,

2. To get out on the buses to Aberdeen, Royal Deeside, anywhere they are bused through Torry (like Invergordon without the personality and charm).

The other thing it has in common with Invergordon is the south harbour is where the usually have things like this parked,

image.png.641b788f638e4838d21e7645a58aaff4.png

We're not really setup for the cruise line industry are we. 

43 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Sit on a bus to Loch Ness or spend time in Invergordon though, easy choice even if you're just off the boat. 

I've worked in Invergordon occasionally and was told they sometimes get ladies of a certain age escaping from the ship and coach parties and coming into the pubs in search of some rough Highlander cock.

On 20/11/2023 at 20:41, Newbornbairn said:

Talking of Invergordon, I was merchandising in a hardware shop when a cruise ship came in. Lots of bemused tourists walking up and down the single street looking for something to photograph. Inside the shop, tourists were wandering around looking to buy something, anything. One old boy was buying sandpaper. When his wife looked at him as if he'd lost his mind he said "It'll fit in the suitcase easily".

That is fucking tremendous!! "I went to Invergordon and all I got was this lousy sandpaper"