The Rangers Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Rangers' next permanent manager?  

530 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really Kincy? I don't believe that for a second.

99.9% of your fans certainly wouldn't accept an ex Celtic player as their manager. Can you imagine the uproar if they appointed Paul Lambert for example?!

Paul Lambert is a wonderful manager. The Rangers should definitely appoint him on a twenty-year contract.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

The reaction if Derek McInnes is offered the job and turns it down would be seismic.

That would be funny.

He was just so non-committal yesterday on the subject.  I think he's definitely interested.  It just remains to be seen how attractive any offer might be.

Regardless of what deluded Rangers fans may think, Derek McInnes is undoubtedly the person who Rangers should approach to be their next manager. There really is no other serious candidate. However, the question then is whether he takes it on.  Maybees aye, maybees no.

16 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Paul Lambert is a wonderful manager. The Rangers should definitely appoint him on a twenty-year contract.

He's definitely my preference for the Rangers post, especially when the Scotland one remains vacant.

20 minutes ago, ayrshire_nomad said:

Career suicide if he does but let's see how this plays out

I don't see it that way.

Taking over the club that in recent seasons has relatively underachieved like no other in history, means the realistic room for improvement is vast.

I think it's attractive for someone who knows what they're doing.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't see it that way.

Taking over the club that in recent seasons has relatively underachieved like no other in history, means the realistic room for improvement is vast.

I think it's attractive for someone who knows what they're doing.

I don't see it that way either, and despite what some Aberdeen fans will tell you, judging by his comments the other day McInnes doesn't either.  I would imagine this will all get done pretty quickly, unless the Aberdeen board plays hardball.  You'd have to imagine that they won't, though, or that McInnes had his contract reworded so that they can't.  

37 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

McInnes is happening.

It's only the sun, if we're going Scottish then Wright would be a better bet than beardy.

Surprised that Walter Smith hasn't been mentioned yet, he'd get things settled, deal with the bawbag players and like Wright is good at organising.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

It's only the sun, if we're going Scottish then Wright would be a better bet than beardy.

Surprised that Walter Smith hasn't been mentioned yet, he'd get things settled, deal with the bawbag players and like Wright is good at organising.

You're maybe right about Wright.

McInnes would I think be a more popular choice for Rangers fans though, partly because he currently manages a bigger club and it would seem less of a leap than that from St Johnstone.

15 hours ago, happyaccie said:

Everyone is aware that B.R improved individuals he inherited from the previous manager , Alastair Johnstone has suggested that Pedro wasn't realising the full potential of the personnel he had available , he then commented imo glibly that sevco would try to replicate what sellick done in replacing Delia , I cannot see sevco being an attractive proposition for any quality coach/manager and with that being the case for the foreseeable future I think sevco will basically be in a dogfight with the sheep to become sellicks main challengers. If sevco get this appointment wrong in the way they have with Warburton & Pedro their existence in senior Scottish football could be shorter than Gretna.

It maybe sounds odd, McInnes could be risky. He could cost a bit.

He's good at the sheep, and it would f**k them a bit. But his record's meh.

Archived