The Rangers Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Rangers' next permanent manager?  

530 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, happyaccie said:

Listen we all know the guys not lillywhite, the point is you said he was lying about his financial status , I said you implied he was therefore committing perjury in a court of law  as his lawyer claimed he was penniless and unable to meet his buying obligation of the shares, it transpires in the second article you forwarded to me the judge disputed this claim . If the judge in his summing up was of the opinion DK was lying in the case , he is failing in his judicial service and should have found King guilty of perjury, the fact this never happened is due to the complex financial investment trusts that Dave King has his wealth or lack of wealth tied up in .

I wouldn't put it passed convicted criminal Dave King. 

7 hours ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Barry says it right here. He's said it on the show before.

I am aware that Peter and Roughie's Football Show is shite. I am slightly ashamed to admit that I sometimes watch it.

Ferguson appears to be using his phone while recording.  Roughie is going with the more technologically advanced iPad, or - if you will - a blank sheet of A4.

Re: McInnes' comments on the Rangers job. To me, he's saying he doesn't want it right now, but doesn't want to burn his bridges for the future. If, in 5 years, the club have sorted themselves out and he's available, I'd expect him to take it. For now though, he'd be mad to go there, even if he is a RANJURS MAN

McInnes would be off his nut to go to Sevco just now. At Aberdeen he can have a side in 2nd place and challenging for the cups every season and us fans love him - no shows v Motherwell and over-cautious tactics v 'ra Cellic' excepted. If he goes to his blue heroes, being realistic they can probably only expect to obtain the same - 2nd place in the league and cup finals. Celtic are so far ahead of everyone just now, McInnes isn't going to change that unless he is given a budget to buy in the talent that is neded to elevate their squad of fenced Latin desperados and Championship/L1 buys from Warburton.  And that isn't going to happen IMO. If he really wants to manage them, he'd be better off sitting tight for at least another 5 years to see what their medium term development is.

Just listened to David Edgar's podcast , this is allegedly the short list of candidates under consideration for the gig  ,D McInnes- A Neil- S McLaren - A Pardew - D Moyes. Of this list I would suggest if sevco can reach a compensation package with Aberdeen then 

D McInnes : appears the logical appointment,

A Neil : from that list would possibly be the next best option , he took over Accies when we were on a vicious downward spiral, achieved promotion within a season , had Accies top of the SPL in the short time he managed us there , people will look at his record down south and think he has failed , if winning promotion to the premiership with a side who had a fair points disadvantage when he took over is seen as a failure that is harsh. He failed to keep Norwich in the Premiership , most pundits down south were of the opinion he had a strong enough squad to stay up , the squad he went up with via the play-offs was never going to achieve that, the transfer funds made available to him were in relative terms lower than those of clubs who finished in the bottom six of the Premiership the season he gained promotion ,  the outcome was Alex was unable to achieve safety for the canaries , I think the most interesting occurrence to note was he retained his job on relegation as the Norwich BoD felt he was the right individual to gain them promotion the following season, as we all know this did not prevail , he is currently manager of a club who are 4 points from the play off places in the  Championship , a league which is littered with sleeping giants and topped up with clubs who probably have loftier expectations than the club he currently  manages. In his time as Accies boss I would say his strengths were his tactical awareness and man management skills , he was also involved and has a good understanding of youth development programmes , the two lads who went to Wigan from us , credited Alex with playing a significant part in their early careers, so if sevco are looking for someone who has these credentials I would see Alex as a viable option- ( with the caveat that his religion is not an issue ) .

D Moyes : would be hard for him to overcome who he represented in his playing career.

A Pardew : might have been a fore- runner  and possibly vying for favourite for the gig if he had no links to M Ashley.

S McLaren : a hugely experienced coach with history of excelling with DoF set up , his negatives are his recent managerial appointments  , have exposed his ability to adapt to new wave football philosophy.

Pardew and Fat Sam are more feasible options than Alex Neil right now.

If the **** don’t get mcinnes they’ll get McLeish and they’ll just have to like it.

Pardew knows Murty really well from their time at Reading too. Could be a match made in heaven.

Please....

Nothing happening? No statements? Have Rangers died again?

No. The BBC and the papers have run out of old Rangers pals of Derek not terrified of EBT questions that will never come to hype him into the role of next manager chased down the marble staircase.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Who says he has?

The podcast where this information was gleaned from suggested 4 of the short-list had applied for the vacancy , going from McInnes's demeanour that I have witnessed and his press dealing I would harbour thoughts he hasn't applied.

iThe simple facts are:

Sevco have not approached Aberdeen about McInnes

Sevco have not appointed a new manager yet

People have applied for the job

Beyond that, anything else is shite posting.

Archived