Celtic v Kilmarnock

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Has anyone ever seen Benny,Vicky and Kris Boyd in the same room?

Aye, in the queue in 'The Spice of Life' at 1.00am sat nite/sun morn for a 16 inch munchy box with a side tray of chips 'n' cheese !

Aye, in the queue in 'The Spice of Life' at 1.00am sat nite/sun morn for a 16 inch munchy box with a side tray of chips 'n' cheese !

Chips n cheese is usually my go to choice to be fair when I dont have the mental capacity to choose from a menu nor the physcial capacity to eat anything else.

18 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Munchy boxes are for cholestral ridden greasy heart-attack-in-waiting fat fuckers like you Benny x

^ dead ringer for George clooney.

4 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

You sweet talking devil...

55 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Did we not sign Alan Power who was the captain of his previous side and, until the last fortnight, completely ignore him in terms of first team selection?

Hayes only needs to look at Armstrong to see that if you are good enough you will play.

Poor example of a different situation that IMO happens regularly at the old firm .

Power was bought by a manger who couldnt/didn’t get the best out of him it took another manager to do that  , Connor  Sammon is another example 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It really is odd why Celtic sign the best players from smaller clubs and then not play them. You wouldn't find Kilmarnock signing standouts from smaller clubs, like, say, Calum Waters, and then put them on the bench..

Except Calum Waters has played quite a fair bit this season.

Poor example of a different situation that IMO happens regularly at the old firm .
Power was bought by a manger who couldnt/didn’t get the best out of him it took another manager to do that  , Connor  Sammon is another example 

You're talking a lot of shite.

We sign players who we think can improve us. It's up to the player to come in and earn his place regardless if he was signed from a Scottish team or Real Madrid.

If your theory was correct then Brown wouldn't be our captain and countless others signed from Scottish teams wouldn't have played a single game for us.

1 hour ago, Tartantony said:

You're talking a lot of shite.

We sign players who we think can improve us. It's up to the player to come in and earn his place regardless if he was signed from a Scottish team or Real Madrid.

If your theory was correct then Brown wouldn't be our captain and countless others signed from Scottish teams wouldn't have played a single game for us.

I didn’t say it happens all the time just more often with the old firm . The old firm can afford to have more “ wastage “ than other teams due to there budgets . If you can’t see that then you’re not very observant 

The old firm can afford to have more “ wastage “ than other teams due to there budgets . If you can’t see that then you’re not very observant

That's different from claiming that the OF buy players with the aim being to solely weaken their opponents.

13 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

That's different from claiming that the OF buy players with the aim being to solely weaken their opponents.

I never said it was the sole aim in buying a player merely that it can seem to be that to the fans of the club that sells that player. Football fans are fickle and can be blinkered 

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Exacty the guys all over the place. I feel stupider just reading his posts in this thread.

As for being stupider then why agree that it can be a factor in a post of yours ? 

45 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

320 minutes, Hayes has played 562

I dont really see the comparison tbf, waters is 21 and has been playing 2 levels below. Hayes was one of the best players in the premiership.

8th August 2017, League Cup Round 2
Celtic
Gordon
Ralston
Ajer
Tierney
Miller
Kouassi - Substituted for Nitcham
Armstrong
Hayes
Rogic
Benyu - subsituted for McGregor
Griffiths - Substituted for Forrest

Result: Celtic 5 v 0 Kilmarnock
+++++++++++
SAT, 28 OCT 2017SCOTTISH PREMIERSHIP
Celtic
Gordon
Lustig
Bitton
Ajer
Tierney
Ntcham - Substituted for Armstrong
Kouassi
Roberts - Substituted for Sinclair
Rogic
Johnston - Substituted for Dembele
Griffiths
Result: Celtic 1 v 1 Kilmarnock
+++++++++++

Sorry if I've missed something but is there a point you are trying to make with this post?

3 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

Sorry mate but have to agree with most of the other posters here. Clubs don't buy players to weaken the opposition. An example would be Hayes - did Celtic buy him because they saw him remaining at Aberdeen as a threat? They finished miles ahead of an Aberdeen side with Hayes in last time round!

IMO, Rodgers took Hayes to Celtic to cover his ass as Celtic as fighting on three fronts. It's up to Hayes if he wants more than the £££s his move has got him.

I never said it was the main priority just a factor which I hoped would be acknowledged but it’s not worth an argument tbh 

2 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

8th August 2017, League Cup Round 2

Celtic

Gordon
Ralston
Ajer
Tierney
Miller
Kouassi - Substituted for Nitcham
Armstrong
Hayes
Rogic
Benyu - subsituted for McGregor
Griffiths - Substituted for Forrest

Result: Celtic 5 v 0 Kilmarnock

+++++++++++

SAT, 28 OCT 2017SCOTTISH PREMIERSHIP

Celtic

Gordon
Lustig
Bitton
Ajer
Tierney
Ntcham - Substituted for Armstrong
Kouassi
Roberts - Substituted for Sinclair
Rogic
Johnston - Substituted for Dembele
Griffiths

Result: Celtic 1 v 1 Kilmarnock

+++++++++++

Was the killie teams much the same?

3) We're witnessing the first signs of atrophy from Celtic. 

I assume "atrophy" is a typo and you meant complacency? If so I would disagree. Killie barely touched the ball in the first half on Saturday but were superbly organised at the back so we couldn't get close to creating a decent chance. In the 5-0 game we were 3 up within half an hour because your defence were horrendous and that was game over. For me both games show how much Killie have improved rather than us being complacent.

I'd agree with your first 2 points and would probably suggest Saturdays team was slightly stronger with 5 teenagers starting the 5-0 game.

I meant that in the sense of  " gradually declining in effectivenesss". Not sure if that's down to complacency or distraction. 
Last time round Celtic drew 4 league games in total for the entire season, and won the rest. It's now just turning into November and they've already drawn 3. 

Ah, I see what you mean. Had to Google the word atrophy because I've never heard of it before [emoji23]

I think it's a mix of the CL distraction and teams learning how to play against us more effectively. I guess the latter is just a natural thing in football.

Archived