Celtic v Kilmarnock

4 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You seem to be missing the point you are the one banging on about possession?Celtic made 6 changes from the Aberdeen game with Rodgers playing a weakened Celtic team thinking it was a good enough team to beat killie he got it wrong,Steve Clark set his team up with no ambition to win the game this is why killie are a bottom 6 team.I point the finger at Brendan Rodgers for dropping 2 points for nothing when he had better options to win the game,the fact that Celtic played a weakened team and still Steve Clark set his team up to park the bus this is why i give no credit to killie.
Your point on Brendan's philosophy in Europe we haven't got the players to park the bus. 

The Celtic side that played against us last weekend still had one player that is on more money than our full starting 112 combined and then some!

Not our fault you are incapable of adapting your play to counteract the opposition.

I couldn't care less if you give us credit or not. Most rational Celtic seems seemed to have done so, so if one bitter one doesn't I doubt i'll lose any sleep.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 31/10/2017 at 15:49, Squirrelhumper said:

The Celtic side that played against us last weekend still had one player that is on more money than our full starting 112 combined and then some!

Not our fault you are incapable of adapting your play to counteract the opposition.

I couldn't care less if you give us credit or not. Most rational Celtic seems seemed to have done so, so if one bitter one doesn't I doubt i'll lose any sleep.

Ahh the old dosh excuse,Gordon,Lustig,Tierney,Roberts and Johnston didn't cost Celtic anything maybe Craig Gordon is still a £9 million pound goalkeeper.
Looks like the managerial bounce has ended against hibs maybe killie have the same problem of adapting to a more expansive game.
And why would i want you to lose any sleep it's only an opinion you agree or disagree that's it.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Ahh the old dosh excuse,Gordon,Lustig,Tierney,Roberts and Johnston didn't cost Celtic anything maybe Craig Gordon is still a £9 million pound goalkeeper.

They cost nothing? Those players wouldn't be with you if you were paying 500 quid to a grand a week in wages.

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Looks like the managerial bounce has ended against hibs maybe killie have the same problem of adapting to a more expansive game.
And why would i want you to lose any sleep it's only an opinion you agree or disagree that's it.

Are you sure those players cost nothing because I'd reckon your development costs and wages are considerably higher than anyone else in Scotland.

15 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

They cost nothing? Those players wouldn't be with you if you were paying 500 quid to a grand a week in wages.

15 minutes ago, killienick said:

Are you sure those players cost nothing because I'd reckon your development costs and wages are considerably higher than anyone else in Scotland.

Every player gets wages some get more than others i'm sure Burke, Greer and Broadfoot are not short of a few bob through their career?

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Every player gets wages some more than others i'm sure Burke, Greer and Broadfoot are not short of a few bob through their career?

If we can get any of the players you listed for £500 a week I'd be delighted. I'm sure we'd even stretch to a grand.

The point is, we end up with the standard of player we have because of our resources and you end up with the standard you have because of yours. We have considerably higher resources than most clubs in League 1 etc so the same is true of us in comparison to them. Celtic are just the ones at the top of the tree in Scotland but obviously the same is true of them in Europe - it's not a criticism.

Did Celtic not pay Man City over £1m just to take Roberts on loan?

2 hours ago, killienick said:

If we can get any of the players you listed for £500 a week I'd be delighted. I'm sure we'd even stretch to a grand.

The point is, we end up with the standard of player we have because of our resources and you end up with the standard you have because of yours. We have considerably higher resources than most clubs in League 1 etc so the same is true of us in comparison to them. Celtic are just the ones at the top of the tree in Scotland but obviously the same is true of them in Europe - it's not a criticism.

I don't take it as a criticism fans use the dosh as an excuse,if you take Micky Johnston and Jordan Jones two good players i couldn't care less how much dosh they are on,both were good to watch.
Weather your paid x-amount or a lower amount players have good, bad and indifferent games for me there is far to much emphasis on how much a player gets paid and not enough about how good his individual ability is.

Archived