St Johnstone v Celtic

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At least one Saints fan is optimistic. 

Well the irony of it being the one match I didn't predict it (vs County) it actually happened. So if I say it, means someone will score, can't guarantee who it'll be....actually I can, it'll be Celtic.

Can't believe that was only a year and a half ago, it seems like a lifetime away.   It was a game that also featured Saidy Janko and Scott Allan in the starting XI
Anyways back to the game, Saints are in poor form so I think Celtic will win, won't be a pumping but comfortable, I say 3-0 Celtic

It sounds mad but we've not actually played badly at all the past month, Hearts game aside. We just can't score, everything else is grand.

Unofficial Twitter saying Easton will be sent for a scan over a knee injury that's been bothering him for weeks.

No suggestion either way about Saturday, but you'd assume that would make him a major doubt.

Tanser v Roberts..

He could play Foster at left back, although I think he'd have been wanting him to do a job on Tierney.

Tanser got a bit of stick on Saturday but I thought he was alright. My one criticism of him is I'd like him to be a bit more aggressive, he seems to struggle aerially especially. He is what he is though. Scobbie was offered a 35% reduction on what wouldn't have been a marquee wage but they aren't going to have given Tanser as much as Scobbie rejected even. You get what you pay for.

Hope Scougall is available as I'd certainly have him starting this one.

Unofficial Twitter saying Easton will be sent for a scan over a knee injury that's been bothering him for weeks.

No suggestion either way about Saturday, but you'd assume that would make him a major doubt.

Tanser v Roberts..

Roberts pulled a muscle at the weekend, doubt he'll be risked? Then again it'll be Forrest and however crap he is, he usually turns up against us.

Probably as good a fixture as any for us right now. If it was a Hamilton, Dundee or Killie there'd be a lot of pressure to turn things around and get a result. Against the league leaders on a great domestic run, expectations are far lower.

I'd love us to nick the win or a point obviously, but failing that I'd just like a good solid performance, a home goal and something for the players to gain confidence from and build on in upcoming matches.

Maclean seems to like a goal against Celtic, so imagine he'll start, though I did wonder about MOH up front alone with Scougall in behind him (inevitably!) and look to play through balls for O'Halloran to chase and give Celtic a bit of a problem in behind.

I haven't a clue how we'll line up, so I'm throwing in an extra defender for the hell of it, with Comrie and Shaughnessy doing the double up right back thing we did in the away fixture. I think Tanser has been okay, but his assets are more in going forward and his pace, I agree physically he gets bullied off the ball too easily so I'm going for the angry little man at left back. 

Clark

Shaughnessy  Anderson  Gordon  Foster

Comrie  Millar  Paton   Wotherspoon

Scougall

O'Halloran 

assuming Scougall is fit and Davidson and Easton are not.

Usually have success against Celtic/Rangers by exploiting the space the leave in the full back areas. Obviously that's harder to do with Tierney, but the other side is definitely there to be got at. I'd be starting Cummins as hes got the ability and desire to get in there consistently, and the striker doing that means that even if you get caught out, the midfield isn't compromised.

Only problem is your only striker ends up outside the box, which means you need midfielders willing to get up in support quickly, and that's been a consistent problem for us lately

Celtic are not indomitable, wouldn't be surprised to see Celtic run out 0-4 winners but equally wouldn't be surprised to see st johnstone steal a 1-0 win, especially if they have a good result in Europe tonight.

Nowt to do with all this #believe #bleedblue shite, its a game of football, just hope celtic arn't 2-0 up after 10 minutes or that's the day out shopping with the wife looking a better proposition 

On 10/30/2017 at 06:50, RandomGuy. said:

No ref wants to be the one who makes a controversial decision and loses Celtic their invincible record. I don't think they're purposely doing it, but it will be playing on their mind the whole time. Just human nature.

Suppose our best shot would be Willie Collum, who at least doesn't give a single f**k about reputations, and gives you a 50/50 chance of getting decisions depending on what mood he's in.

this is true... and it i'm sure it played a part in the 'gers 9iar period 

If Gordon is in goals can we just loop bouncing balls up to about 25-30 yards out for MOH to chase and Gordon to come racing out and miss/foul MOH?

Generally find Gordon gets away with catching Scottish strikers at neck height.

As the great Mixu Paatelainen once said... "what's the fucking point". 

Even if we look like getting a result some shocker of a decision will rescue Celtic. 

But it's not going to come to that. 0-3 at least. 

Establishment side now dear boy.

Apart from all those corrupt refs who give throw inside against you...

Tickets bought for this, time to pump these b*****ds.

For the first time in years the saint are in danger of being a bottom 6 team with hibs and Aberdeen fighting for second plus the 2 car crashes hearts and rangers set to improve and motherwell on a high the saints need to start winning again slippy sliding away, this is a dangerous game for Celtic.

Archived