Stenhousemuir -vs- Clyde

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More dropped points. Clyde were as bad as anything we've seen this season in that first half. Had the centre halves met one another before 3 o'clock today? But we didn't score enough goals. Given how one sided the 1st half had been i wasn't too concerned but Clyde got the goal with their first shot and it gave them confidence. Second half much more even but we really should have won that. Harry Paton was leading a crusade in the 2nd half to get us back on top and he almost won it for us with that shot at the end. Disappointed. 

1st half. Felt like i was watching a training sesh off defence v attack. Countless crosses into our box and if it wasnt a penalty they would have eventually scored..Stenny deserved their HT lead and without a great save from currie and two interceptions on the floor from Munro and Mcniff we could have been out of sight..

2nd half. Much better. Once we equalised we looked like we would go onto win with Lowden & Gormley having good chances & another falling to stewart but a heavy touched saved stenny from goin behind...

Overall a draw fair within 90mins. We desperate need a couple of ball playing midfielders and one centre defender...

Good clyde support through and every man and coaching staff coming right over to support was very much appreicated,We deserved that for putting up with so much...

Ps. John mason you are a snake

1 hour ago, Sao Paulo said:

I heard, from the terrace, the same supporters calling for us to move to a four as I did roughly three months back. What is it about shipping three or four goals every week that makes you think we could use one less defender!? And what is it about our paceless, gingerly and mostly inexperienced pool of defenders that makes you think they'd fair better with more space round-about them. Are you all fucking mad!? 

Football fan logic^^^ Ignoring the lack of viable wing-backs the reason why there was no chance we should have been playing a back three is that adding extra defenders only works if those defenders are not Breslin, Nicoll, Bradley et al. Why anyone would want more of them in the team is beyond me. Madness indeed.

On the game today, the first half was a perfect example of a poor 352. The main advantage was that with three big lads at the back, we defended the multitude of crosses into the box reasonably well. The rest of the team simply didn't work though, with Cuddihy the only positive influence on or off the ball of the front 7. It almost seemed like our game-plan was to give the Stenny full-backs all the time on the ball that they wanted, which simply didn't work. Ramsay and Lowden simply didn't help the wing-backs, leading to them being doubled up time and time again. Some brilliant Currie saves and one outstanding last ditch block by McNiff kept the score at 1-0. The penalty was one of those where I looked at the referee when the player went down. From the stand it wasn't really clear if there was a foul or not. 

Second half we got the best out of the system, defending higher up the pitch and using the front two. Ironically, we started to play longer up to Gormley/Goodwillie and Lowden was much more involved winning second balls. The equaliser probably cancelled out the soft penalty award as I thought Gormley pushed a defender who  then conceded the corner kick from which Goodwillie scored.

Some decent half chances at either end but a point each probably fair over the 90. Three corners in a row during stoppage time and you had three different guys flinging themselves at it to clear. Players take a lot of credit for their effort.

Currie, Cuddihy or Home for man of the match. All three played well in both halves. I probably slightly leaning towards Home actually. Solid, unspectacular but reliable. The other two centre halves defended well mostly but had a couple of diabolical back-passes in the first half; straight out of the school of us conceding a goal from nothing. Wright isn't a wing-back at all and looked it; he also had an awful back-pass that led to the incident where McGuigan went down in the box. Stewart was better after the break and got up the pitch more.  Goodwillie was mostly rubbish (by his standards) but scored his goal and for just about the first time the rest of the team dug him out of a hole.

Stenny were all over us first half. I think they probably tired themselves out a bit. That's the worst I've ever seen Longworth play, he was absolutely rank.

Ps. John mason you are a snake

Given John's stance in criticising the club for signing Goodwillie and his concern for women, I look forward to his tweets about the resignation of Mark McDonald today.

Why he felt the need to tweet about a minor issue at the game today, I don't know. He made it sound much more serious than it was in reality.

An over reaction by him, the stewards and the police.

Totally haufdaft.

He reminded me of one o those rubber kneckers who would rather hold up a busy motorway to witness an accident than get on with his journey/Mind his own business..

He didnt know the facts but felt approiprate to spout his usual shite when even the stenny stewards admitting at FT their club over reacted and shouldnt have called the police....

Football fan logic^^^ Ignoring the lack of viable wing-backs the reason why there was no chance we should have been playing a back three is that adding extra defenders only works if those defenders are not Breslin, Nicoll, Bradley et al. Why anyone would want more of them in the team is beyond me. Madness indeed.
On the game today, the first half was a perfect example of a poor 352. The main advantage was that with three big lads at the back, we defended the multitude of crosses into the box reasonably well. The rest of the team simply didn't work though, with Cuddihy the only positive influence on or off the ball of the front 7. It almost seemed like our game-plan was to give the Stenny full-backs all the time on the ball that they wanted, which simply didn't work. Ramsay and Lowden simply didn't help the wing-backs, leading to them being doubled up time and time again. Some brilliant Currie saves and one outstanding last ditch block by McNiff kept the score at 1-0. The penalty was one of those where I looked at the referee when the player went down. From the stand it wasn't really clear if there was a foul or not. 
Second half we got the best out of the system, defending higher up the pitch and using the front two. Ironically, we started to play longer up to Gormley/Goodwillie and Lowden was much more involved winning second balls. The equaliser probably cancelled out the soft penalty award as I thought Gormley pushed a defender who  then conceded the corner kick from which Goodwillie scored.
Some decent half chances at either end but a point each probably fair over the 90. Three corners in a row during stoppage time and you had three different guys flinging themselves at it to clear. Players take a lot of credit for their effort.
Currie, Cuddihy or Home for man of the match. All three played well in both halves. I probably slightly leaning towards Home actually. Solid, unspectacular but reliable. The other two centre halves defended well mostly but had a couple of diabolical back-passes in the first half; straight out of the school of us conceding a goal from nothing. Wright isn't a wing-back at all and looked it; he also had an awful back-pass that led to the incident where McGuigan went down in the box. Stewart was better after the break and got up the pitch more.  Goodwillie was mostly rubbish (by his standards) but scored his goal and for just about the first time the rest of the team dug him out of a hole.
Stenny were all over us first half. I think they probably tired themselves out a bit. That's the worst I've ever seen Longworth play, he was absolutely rank.

Three candidates for MOTM are all players Chapman took to Clyde, along with several others. If they didn't like Jim as a manager surely they wouldn't have followed him. I find it strange that they would all start performing because he's been sacked. Suppose time will tell if they carry on.
I assume your kit man Billy left with the management also?

Three candidates for MOTM are all players Chapman took to Clyde, along with several others. If they didn't like Jim as a manager surely they wouldn't have followed him. I find it strange that they would all start performing because he's been sacked. Suppose time will tell if they carry on.
I assume your kit man Billy left with the management also?

Your want to take him back ?
Yeah thought not
As for the kit man I have no idea who this guy is and to be honest who cares mate

Cracking support through today and great response from players at the end coming right over to the fans and mcnally as well [emoji106]

Small steps but that hasn't happened this season

Fantastic to see lowden back in team and thought he did well first half we looked totally disorganised the penalty it was in the very soft

Catogery but on balance stenny did deserve to be winning at half time as for booking the number 7 for giving us the the shoosh don't agree with that, yes we went mental at him ( me included ) but all part of the game and he got pelters for the rest of the game [emoji23] second half we looked a different team DGW different class thought big smart gave us a presence up front. ive given currie dogs abuse but thought he played really well today special mention for munro shouting , encouring other players and a terrific performance

A good day out really like that terracing behind the goal at Ochilview always good atmosphere

Lastly credit the stenny subs at half time took the stick from us really well and had a good laugh [emoji122]

11 hours ago, athletic 1 said:

Not another one

Its called AMBITION, fans caring and giving a f**k wanting to aspire, obv im talking in riddles to you now , tho no doubt this has not reached hillbilly towns like Annan, monty etc.

Ps kudos to the 30 stenny fans who celebrated, amazing how crowds are 400plus every week, obv you love the tax man.

Archived