Stenhousemuir -vs- Clyde

This should be a decent game of football and one I'm very much looking forward to. Stenhousemuir come into the match on the back of an excellent victory over Stirling Albion, a game in which they could (and maybe should) have won by a far greater margin than 2-1. Clyde, meanwhile, enter the contest in a shabby shape after losing to Elgin City and leaving supporters disillusioned with Jim Chapman. (As an aside, I'd recommend reading David W's post in the big Clyde thread as to how and why their season has been such a disappointment.)

I'd fancy Stenny to win this one. By all accounts, we should have beaten Clyde the last time we played and given their travails, I think we'll put that right this time around. We haven't lost at home since the opening day of the season and we're making a decent fist of things so far. Keep David Goodwillie under constant surveillance and we should snuff out their only really danger.

Let's go with:

- Mark McGuigan - Jamie Longworth -

- Eddie Ferns - Harry Paton - Mark Ferry - Nicki Paterson -

- Ruaridh Donaldson - Mich Dunlop - Ross Dunlop - Ross Meechan -

- Chris Smith -

I'd be disappointed with anything other than a win here. These are the kind of games we need to take full advantage of to keep pace with the sides at the top of the table.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we need to?  I mean really...do we need to?  Unless "he who shall not be named" is gone we have no chance.  Even if he does go, and I think he will, it is highly unlikely we have someone ready to take over.

Let's just call it a 3-0 home win and move on.  That's probably best for all involved.    

2 hours ago, Adolfo Rios said:

Do we need to?  I mean really...do we need to?  Unless "he who shall not be named" is gone we have no chance.  Even if he does go, and I think he will, it is highly unlikely we have someone ready to take over.

Let's just call it a 3-0 home win and move on.  That's probably best for all involved.    

Ridiculously pessimistic !

We always score, so 4-1 Stenny :(:lol:

And Chapman/Joyce for a tag team k/o v unhappy Clyde fans as an epilogue.

Unless you consider booting a ball as high and as hard as you can up the pitch as decent football you are in for a real disappointment
In summary our goalkeeper is hopeless the defence apart from Munro and Stewart
Don't even remotely resemble a compitent amatuer player
The two star midfielders yes we did pay money for them ( no matter how little ) should
come under the trades description act as counterfeit goods allied with a management team with a track record of one promotion
coming up for its 10th anniversary makes for a shooting fish in a barrel fest for stenny
You don't need to do anything with DGW even if the guy scores a hat trick we would lose

Tell you what Norrie's experiment ain't going to make it to the short list for the Nobel prize for football club success [emoji16]

Clyde to score first......and lose by 3 or 4

If we put a shitload of cash on this, we could buy out Chapman's contact, pay Goodwillie's legal obligation, build a new stadium with working floodlights and pie stalls.

On second thoughts, the odds are probably so short we'd probably not even have enough winnings to pay for XL sized shorts for Gormley.

Only chance of a win is a new gaffer sending them out buzzing and/or some absolute brilliance from Goodwillie.

I understand that Nicki Paterson's done alright for Stenny. Has that been in the middle of the park, too? Some turn up for the books if so. Awfully sluggish and timid with us, albeit quite good in possession.

God bless Walter Smith.

21 minutes ago, clyde_r_us said:

Me too it looks best thing on the coupon, last chance for this team to get it right

Last chance was a while ago for me. This management and team have shown time and time again how incapable they are. 

34 minutes ago, Sao Paulo said:

I understand that Nicki Paterson's done alright for Stenny. Has that been in the middle of the park, too? Some turn up for the books if so. Awfully sluggish and timid with us, albeit quite good in possession.

Yeah, that about sums up his time with us too. I've only seen him in a handful of games but he looks reasonable with the ball at his feet and can take a decent set-piece too.  It helps when guys like Harry Paton and Mark Ferry are doing the dirty work on his behalf.

Archived