Hearts v Killie, Sun 5th November, 15:00

Steve Clarke believes Kilmarnock's late victory over Hearts was just reward for the team's good performances in recent weeks.

Killie have claimed five points from a possible 12, securing draws from away matches against Rangers and Celtic prior to the 2-1 win at Murrayfield.

A 3-0 home defeat to Hibs failed to tell the story of the match, with the men from Ayrshire striking the woodwork on several occasions. 

Goals from Kris Boyd and Adam Frizzell saw Killie claim their first win under Clarke's watch and he felt the three points were more than merited. 

He said: "We proved that (character) at Ibrox and then at Celtic Park and showed it today. We should have won a little bit more comfortably but we'll take the win.

"I didn't have pre-conceived ideas. If you watched our performances since I came into the club than they have all been good.

"We haven't really had a bad performance and that result was reward for the previous three games without a win."

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better side won. I think.

Not so much bothered by the result as I am by the glaring holes in our squad.

Poor in the first half, and we could have won it - I'm never confident that Isma will score from a one-on-one - he did well with his goal, though, and was unlucky with efforts that hit the woodwork - good goalkeeping from Jamie Mac.

I thought Smith was fouled by Boyd in the lead up to Killie's first, but Smith has to be stronger.

Big Baur looked uncomfortable at left back, but actually got better, as did Lewis Moore.

We're just hitting it long - perhaps understandably when you see what we have in midfield. 

Hope that's our last game at Murrayfield. 

Awful first half, better second but still not good enough.  Don't think we deserved to lose but if you miss the chance that Goncalves did you're running the risk it will haunt you, just didn't expect it to be 20 seconds later.

This shite from Levein that it'll improve at Tynie really annoys me. If we go back to Tynecastle are we miraculously going to gain a midfield worthy of the name? Our tactics are poor and if we start badly when we get back the crowd at Tynecastle can be as much of a hindrance as it can be a help. 

Basically writing this season off because of our fucking awful preparations in the summer. 

19 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Awful first half, better second but still not good enough.  Don't think we deserved to lose but if you miss the chance that Goncalves did you're running the risk it will haunt you, just didn't expect it to be 20 seconds later.

This shite from Levein that it'll improve at Tynie really annoys me. If we go back to Tynecastle are we miraculously going to gain a midfield worthy of the name? Our tactics are poor and if we start badly when we get back the crowd at Tynecastle can be as much of a hindrance as it can be a help. 

Basically writing this season off because of our fucking awful preparations in the summer. 

Maybe if Levien set his team up to entertain as opposed to kicking f**k out of the opposition you might do better!

Biscuits had a ninety minute radio meltdown yesterday.  I can't decide on my favourite between:

"Alan Power came fae Lincun Citeh. How did he no come tae Hertz?"

or

"The game disnae start at 4 eh cloack.  Its starts at 3".

Pleasing.

Biscuits had a ninety minute radio meltdown yesterday.  I can't decide on my favourite between:
"Alan Power came fae Lincun Citeh. How did he no come tae Hertz?"
or
"The game disnae start at 4 eh cloack.  Its starts at 3".
Pleasing.

PROJEK CAFFRO

I was completely certain that Kilmarnock would win yesterday, and they did - honestly can't remember the last time that happened in the league.

Broadfoot, Power, and McKenzie, are like three new signings under the new manager - outstanding work by the latter in the lead up to the second goal.  We're going to shoot up this table now :D

1 hour ago, paul wright scores said:

Souttar must be one of the worst and most over-rated centre halves currently playing  in Scottish football. 

Possibly but I do actually rate him.

16 hours ago, Richie95 said:

Whilst it is always good to see Frizzell getting a goal as well. 

Frizzell's take and finish for the winner was top drawer (and I say that as someone that had 1-1 in the Predictor :lol: ).

3 hours ago, RiG said:

Jesus, that dive from Lafferty is awful...

Lafferty's as bad as Broadfoot in that respect.

16 hours ago, Coooombe said:

That celebration when we scored was different gravy tbqh.

Absolutely tremendous. I ended up with about 3 people on top of me and it was brilliant. Great support yesterday - glad to have crossed Murrayfield off my list of grounds as the only thing I'd been to there before was Oasis in 2009. A smashing day out and proof that Steve Clarke is the chosen one who can truly do no wrong!

2 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

Souttar must be one of the worst and most over-rated centre halves currently playing  in Scottish football. 

He's fucking dog shite. Plenty m***o Hearts fans have been tipping him to be a future Scotland captain. heh.png

I had the boy down as pony from day one.

48 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Absolutely tremendous. I ended up with about 3 people on top of me and it was brilliant. Great support yesterday - glad to have crossed Murrayfield off my list of grounds as the only thing I'd been to there before was Oasis in 2009. A smashing day out and proof that Steve Clarke is the chosen one who can truly do no wrong!

Image result for kenneth williams

Archived