Bolshevik Revolution Centenary

I tend to think the ideal religion for a society tells you to behave, but also teaches negative consequences. Christianity, for example. Maybe we'd have less mass shootings if a higher % of our population was scared of hell as a consequence for murdering innocent people. Maybe I'm way off base. Just a thought.

You don't half talk some shite.

7 hours ago, sjc said:

Marx advocated that they be exterminated like the former ruling classes but for the reason that they would "too backward" to educated.

Scottish Highlanders were amongst this group in his list "come the Revolution"

That was Engels.

Marx wrote in Das Kapital about the Duchess of Sutherland forcing the clans off of their land, and into manufacturing towns, thereby creating the industrial working class,  "driven from the land and forbidden to emigrate".

The history of the wealth of the Sutherland family is the history of the ruin and of the expropriation of the Scotch-Gaelic population from its native soil.

Sum boi 

46 minutes ago, killiefan27 said:

That was Engels.

Marx wrote in Das Kapital about the Duchess of Sutherland forcing the clans off of their land, and into manufacturing towns, thereby creating the industrial working class,  "driven from the land and forbidden to emigrate".

Sum boi 

Ah that's right. His more extreme mate!

Appropriately enough, I stumbled upon this joke yesterday:

"Where were you born?
St Petersburg.
Where did you live as a child?
Petrograd.
Where did you go to school?
Leningrad.
Where would you like to live?
St Petersburg."

19 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Answer the questions I've posed in the original question starting with: Trotsky or Stalin? I feel Stalin is more generically handsome but there's something about young Trotsky that's underappreciated.

Young Jo looks remarkably like  Sergio Ramos circa 2015. A very handsome man. Young Stalin therefore gets my vote.

• 3 years later...
On 07/11/2017 at 15:24, NotThePars said:

welshbairn is a liberal stooge of the imperialist state. Unsurprising he would misrepresent the glorious revolution of the workers.

In a drunken moment (now) I tried to search for when you said fairly recently that unlike 2 other c***s talking shite, at least I actually believed the shite I was posting. Wanted to thank you for it, rather than it disappearing in the mists of time. Found this instead, which is nearly as good!

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

In a drunken moment (now) I tried to search for when you said fairly recently that unlike 2 other c***s talking shite, at least I actually believed the shite I was posting. Wanted to thank you for it, rather than it disappearing in the mists of time. Found this instead, which is nearly as good!

It's comforting to know I haven't changed.