The "Stupid Questions You Have Been Asked" thread

I shall begin this thread by declaring that I wear glasses. I need to wear them pretty much every waking moment due to having very poor eyesight.

Because I wear glasses,  a number of people have asked me if I need to wear my glasses while sleeping.

Obviously I do not wear my glasses while sleeping. The one exception has been an unfortunate occasion in my teenage years involving bottles of Frosty Jacks and falling asleep with glasses, shoes and full clothing on like an absolute jake, but I digress.

The enquirer is usually surprised by the fact that I do not sleep with glasses on, and asks how I manage see my dreams without my glasses on. :1eye

I have had this conversation with colleagues, college students etc a frightening number of occasions. Unbelievable.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Granny Danger said:

I have worn glasses for over 30 years (not continually, I do take them off) and I have never been asked if I wear them whilst sleeping.  You must mix with some incredibly stupid folk.

I have worked in cookery and healthcare which unfortunately does attract a large number of absolute cretins.

I have also attended Auchinleck Academy. The most successful alumni from there has been Kirk Broadfoot.

14 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

I have to agree with four-eyes Danger. It sounds like you have idiot pals.

It's three-eyes Danger as I lost an eye due to an infection as a child, but carry on.

Had been dealing with a very Essexy client at work for a year or so. Had met him and spoken to numerous times. I sound Scottish and have a very Scottish name. One day he asked with a surprised tone “Shandon Par (not my real name) you’re Scottish intcha?”. 

29 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I have worked in cookery and healthcare which unfortunately does attract a large number of absolute cretins.

I have also attended Auchinleck Academy. The most successful alumni from there has been Kirk Broadfoot.

Define successful.

Archived