The "Stupid Questions You Have Been Asked" thread

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Out cycling.
Stop at BP and sit my bike up outside.
Walk in (helmet & hi viz on) and the wifey on the counter asks "Any petrol?"....

She may have assumed that you had ran out of petrol further down the road and kept a bicycle in the boot in case such an issue arises.

That's good petrol station Customer Service, IMO.

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I shall begin this thread by declaring that I wear glasses. I need to wear them pretty much every waking moment due to having very poor eyesight.

Because I wear glasses,  a number of people have asked me if I need to wear my glasses while sleeping.

Obviously I do not wear my glasses while sleeping. The one exception has been an unfortunate occasion in my teenage years involving bottles of Frosty Jacks and falling asleep with glasses, shoes and full clothing on like an absolute jake, but I digress.

The enquirer is usually surprised by the fact that I do not sleep with glasses on, and asks how I manage see my dreams without my glasses on. :1eye

I have had this conversation with colleagues, college students etc a frightening number of occasions. Unbelievable.

If you don't wear them while you're sleeping, how do you find them when you wake up?

4 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

You put a bell on them and a string from the bell to your pinky finger.  Wiggle your pinky and follow the jingle.

They might get broken if there's any rapid hand movements. :unsure2:

Stupidest glasses-related question that I've ever heard was the inevitable one asked of any kid arriving at school with their new spectacles: "did you go blind?"

Anyway, following Granny's revelation, this is clearly now a thread about ice-cold hard men with impressive replacement eyes, so...

zKVjpcz.gif4lSrfMG.gif

Most submariners will have been asked if they get claustrophobic several times. Of course, if you're claustrophobic you'll be champing at the bit to go on submarines. :lol: The other one was always about what you could see out the windows. 

Out in a group there were 3 guys who were about 40 and had the receding hair/semi skinhead look and as we were chatting to some local Senga's, one asked " are youse 3 twins ?"

I'm sure others will occur to me.

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

Nope, and I can't dunk either, which is the other question usually asked.

And the usual statement, rather than question, is "aye, you're tall, right enough"

So you can't spin a ball and you can't dunk...are you a crap basket ball player?

When I was at high school I told some lass about the time I was knocked down crossing the road as a 6 year old. She asked with 100% sincerity "That's awful. Did you die?"

She was one of the brighter lasses at that school.

4 minutes ago, nsr said:

When I was at high school I told some lass about the time I was knocked down crossing the road as a 6 year old. She asked with 100% sincerity "That's awful. Did you die?"

She was one of the brighter lasses at that school.

You went to Dunfermline High?!

A fat yank wifie once asked me in Lothian Road at the Princes Street end  if I knew where Edinburgh Castle was,  

ME: "You see that big old stone building that looks suspiciously like a castle on top of that big rock"

YANK :" Uh-huh"

ME: "Well, what the f*ck do you think that is then..."

8 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

A fat yank wifie once asked me in Lothian Road at the Princes Street end  if I knew where Edinburgh Castle was,  

ME: "You see that big old stone building that looks suspiciously like a castle on top of that big rock"

YANK :" Uh-huh"

ME: "Well, what the f*ck do you think that is then..."

Capture.JPG

Archived