Alex Salmond show on Russia Today

Colkitto

I don't think even Big Eck could possibly have predicted the extent to which TV show would reduce yoon losers to tears.

It's genuinely fantastic to see that he's enraged the lot of them, all the way from utter losers like Loondave and Philyerboots on here, all the way "up" to Wee Weary Willie Rennie having a tantrum at FMQs.

This episode couldn't have ended any better, as it's now been pushed into the background by SLab's most useless ever leader getting ripped to shreds for going on I'm A Celeb. 

Amazing. No wonder Scottish Labour voters are permanently seething messes. 

Labour's branch office: :lol:

Kezia Dugdale: :lol::lol:

SLab Voters: :lol::lol::lol:

15 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

I don't think even Big Eck could possibly have predicted the extent to which TV show would reduce yoon losers to tears.

It's genuinely fantastic to see that he's enraged the lot of them, all the way from utter losers like Loondave and Philyerboots on here, all the way "up" to Wee Weary Willie Rennie having a tantrum at FMQs.

This episode couldn't have ended any better, as it's now been pushed into the background by SLab's most useless ever leader getting ripped to shreds for going on I'm A Celeb. 

Labour's branch office: :lol:

Kezia Dugdale: :lol::lol:

SLab Voters: :lol::lol::lol:

People who think winding up their political opponents is an important thing: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Labour's branch office: [emoji38]
Kezia Dugdale: [emoji38][emoji38]
SLab Voters: [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Oddly you always appear to be the most "enranged" on here.

1 hour ago, jupe1407 said:

I think I made it pretty obvious I found it pretty funny, rather than important.

You thick, senile old c**t. 

Abuse like that shows that you're rattled for being exposed.  You sound like a Trump supporter "He's doing something that winds up the enemy, so let's support him".

What he's done has potential to harm the independence movement, it has no potential to help it that I can see.  If Salmond hadn't been such a key figure for decades then it wouldn't matter so much; but he has been and is, rightly so, seen as one of the big beasts of the movement.

Abuse like that shows that you're rattled for being exposed.  You sound like a Trump supporter "He's doing something that winds up the enemy, so let's support him".
What he's done has potential to harm the independence movement, it has no potential to help it that I can see.  If Salmond hadn't been such a key figure for decades then it wouldn't matter so much; but he has been and is, rightly so, seen as one of the big beasts of the movement.

[emoji38]

Why so grumpy?

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Bump

Salmond getting some moderately renewed heat over his show on RT after the nerve agent attack in Salisbury.

I was of the opinion that he never should have done it in the first place but can't see him quitting over it. If you're willing to appear on RT after Litvinenko, Crimea etc etc then I can't imagine this latest outrage is going to do much to change your mind. 

To be honest, I didn't even realise the show was still running, I assumed it was a fixed series and that would be that. Can't imagine it's pulling in massive viewing figures.

Never got round to watching it but if it gets proven that it's the Russkies what done it I doubt there will be an RT in Britain for his show.

19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Never got round to watching it but if it gets proven that it's the Russkies what done it I doubt there will be an RT in Britain for his show.

I doubt anything will ever be proven but it doesn't matter, the accusations are enough these days. Could you imagine them investigating further then saying "actually it turns out it maybe wasn't the Russians"?

Getting RT off the air would be a massive coup for the UK gov, and the US may well follow suit having already gone halfway with the foreign agent thing. The political pressure on 'independent' Ofcom will be huge, but they will have to change their own rules as RT adheres to them the same as everyone else. I expect the legality of any ban would be challenged too.

1 minute ago, Zetterlund said:

I doubt anything will ever be proven but it doesn't matter, the accusations are enough these days. Could you imagine them investigating further then saying "actually it turns out it maybe wasn't the Russians"?

Getting RT off the air would be a massive coup for the UK gov, and the US may well follow suit having already gone halfway with the foreign agent thing. The political pressure on 'independent' Ofcom will be huge, but they will have to change their own rules as RT adheres to them the same as everyone else. I expect the legality of any ban would be challenged too.

The Litivinenko thing was proven even to Craig Brown's satisfaction, so who knows? If it wasn't the MI6, the FSB  or Mossad what done it, and there is any suspicion that nerve agents are now on sale to mafia types and terrorists, I hope they do investigate further. I'd regret it if they take RT off the air, raising a new theory every day for how the Malaysian passenger plane was shot over Eastern Ukraine was entertaining.

I’ve never understood why Alex Salmond couldn’t have done his programme online. Seems to be the way things are going these days and would’ve meant he wouldn’t be taking the Russian coin. Imagine if Ruth Davidson had started a show on RT. The SNP superfans who are defending this to the hilt on Twitter would’ve been seething.

I’ve only ever watched bits and pieces of RT but I’ve often found it a very strange watch. Some of their documentaries/investigative stuff can be quite interesting but others is stark raving mad. This is particularly the case with a long haired American fellow who’s name escapes me (I assume he’s a comedian). His show was just bizarre...and by bizarre I also mean rubbish.  Most of it seemed to involve him ranting and doing silly voices.

Edited by Highland Capital

8 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

...I’ve only ever watched bits and pieces of RT but I’ve often found it a very strange watch. Some of their documentaries/investigative stuff can be quite interesting but others is stark raving mad. This is particularly the case with a long haired American fellow who’s name escapes me (I assume he’s a comedian). His show was just bizarre and by bizarre I also mean rubbish.  Most of it seemed to involve him ranting and doing silly voices.

Jesse Ventura on the long-haired American?  Abby Martin's Breaking the Set was really good, but she spoke truth to power about the antics of the little green men in Crimea with the inevitable outcome in career terms. That whole episode showed that RT was just the mirror image of Pentagon propaganda outlets like Fox News or CNN. If Alex Salmond has any integrity he won't last long on that channel for similar reasons.

Edited by LongTimeLurker