Arbroath v Forfar

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was absolutely brutal. Shameful stuff from them

Hopefully Denholm is ok. Beaten once again when we were minus Doris/Denholm/Swankie/Skelly and Kader

Going doon hopefully

First clatter on DD was definitely a booking, second was a cracking tackle, ref got the cards the wrong way round. After that, was there any worthy of mentioning?

Got to agree with the how poor the ref was, though. How you some of your players escaped bookings is beyond belief. The two on Easton in the second half in particular.

Don't think we'll be even near the playoff spot let alone bottom, come the end of the season.
Next 3 games are against the teams immediately above us so important run coming up. (injuries may come into play though, yet another player out in Coxy!)

15 minutes ago, ecto said:

Wall failed him at the goal, that was their side, good finish

Must admit i wasn't sure what happened i thought it took a deflection,don't think the ref knew what was happening either pretty sure he pointed to the spot before awarding a free kick outside the box.

First clatter on DD was definitely a booking, second was a cracking tackle, ref got the cards the wrong way round. After that, was there any worthy of mentioning?

Got to agree with the how poor the ref was, though. How you some of your players escaped bookings is beyond belief. The two on Easton in the second half in particular.

Don't think we'll be even near the playoff spot let alone bottom, come the end of the season.
Next 3 games are against the teams immediately above us so important run coming up. (injuries may come into play though, yet another player out in Coxy!)

I'd say we should have had a penalty first half. Ball in the air McIntosh is going to header it and is pulled down, ref gives free kick to forfar. Bizarre

I'd say we should have had a penalty first half. Ball in the air McIntosh is going to header it and is pulled down, ref gives free kick to forfar. Bizarre

A series of bizarre decisions from the Ref. The tackle on Denholm on the edge of the box was a red all day. The boy (Gregg?) was out of control

The second one on Denholm that gave us the free kick that we hit the bar from? Seriously?

What two on Easton?

Why don’t you think you’ll be near the bottom?

McCallum was sprinting 20 yards to argue with linesmen and the Ref all game.

Was a disgrace tried to get Ricky sent off, linesman should have sent him back to his goals, not allowed him to carry on

Bollan has really left us in deep shit with this squad but the fact that Arbroath needed a late winner to scrape by us fills me with optimism.

Gayfield is never an easy place to come for match officials due to the constant whinging from the home support who appear to howl about absolutely anything.......shameful stuff really.

Bollan has really left us in deep shit with this squad but the fact that Arbroath needed a late winner to scrape by us fills me with optimism.
Gayfield is never an easy place to come for match officials due to the constant whinging from the home support who appear to howl about absolutely anything.......shameful stuff really.

802bfdb58faccb871757f32eed2c7c8a.jpg

Looking at individual performances....
I thought Hamilton struggled today. Caught out many times by balls into the corner. McIntosh was left too isolated especially in the 2nd half.
Whately was superb as were Yule and Bobby. But my man of the match go’s to David Gold. Constant threat down the right. Deserves a start next week vs Stranraer. Also thought Hester impressed when he came on.

5 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Think you have to remember we had several key players missing,  the gulf in quality between the two teams is huge.

To come out and just attempt to boot Denholm all over the shop says it all really. 

3 straight wins without being anywhere near our earlier season form is pleasing. Onto next week 

Poor game  that we hardly deserved to win but Forfar got exactly what they deserved. They could have had 2 or 3 red cards, a bunch of dirty b******ds.Their keeper should have been booked for time wasting, he was at it almost from the start of the match. Someone should tell Easton to go to a swimming pool to do his diving. 

Utterly bizarre refereeing, worst I've seen outside the amateur game. 

Without anyone playing to their best it was great to get the 3 points and Bobby Linn scoring the winner right at the end to rub Forfar's noses in it.

See that 'gentlemans agreement' we have in place to not play Swankie against Forfar............

Well f**k em. After todays display from that mob we should make him available for selection.

They basically set out their team to kick the shite out of ours. Utter disgraceful tactics.

Archived