Ayr vs Arbroath (again)

D'Jaffo

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always enjoy Scottish Cup ties but playing a team in the same league as you who have already beat us twice at Somerset isnt very exciting at all. Hopefully both clubs can agree to sensible £10/£5 pricing to get a decent crowd in.

I'd like to see us mix it up a bit but with our injuries we dont have much room for movement. Bell will be cuptied and I think all our injured players (Higgins, Docherty, Geggan, Crawford, Gilmour) are still out for this.

I'd line up:

Ruddy

Ferguson

Reid

Rose

Boyle

McDaid

Adams

Faulds

McGuffie

Shankland

Moore

Forgot Bell is cup tied so he’ll be a big miss. Arbroath are a good team so we can’t really be playing a weakened team for this one.

Ruddy

Ferguson
Reid
Rose
Boyle

McDaid
Adams
Faulds
Forrest

Moffat
Shankland

Our home form recently has been poor and I feel we may lose this one.

2-1 Arbroath

Swankie and McIntosh as a 2 up front then.

I’d like to see Denholm up there for a bit of pace, Gold on one wing Linn on the other. I like Swankie though and would be happy with him there too. I love Somerset and like Ayr as a club but Ian McCall is doing my nut in so really hope we can make him miserable.

After the recent shambles hopefully McCall will have the measure of them. Not really looking forward to this one as Arbroath are a physical team with further injuries the last thing we need. 

According to ESPN stats we’ve got the best disciplinary record in the league.

2 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

According to ESPN stats we’ve got the best disciplinary record in the league.

Little wonder when you don’t need to worry about being punished  for things like punching goal bound shots off the line. 

Archived