Aberdeen v St Mirren Scottish Cup Round 4

shull

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine losing a double header in the league against a zombie tribute act because SEVCOs childish mind games caused your whole club to collectively lose the ability to function.  The same SEVCO team that got their asses handed to them by Hamilton and Killy the week before.

Imagine.

12 hours ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Like in 99-00 when you cūnts finished bottom? Or is that not talked about north of Dundee anymore?

Come to think of it, Stuart fucking milne voting against the change of voting rights, the bloated egos of the fans that are still living on the glories of mid 1980's and that fucking über clown Wullie Miller.  I forgot how utterly humdrum and dreary Aberdeen are.  

joke.gif

Did you hear about the latest drug craze sweeping Aberdeen? Part speed, part ketamine it's....

Spoiler

kenfitamine!

(sorry about that, my favourite Doric related joke)

As for the game... *shrug* ...you'd expect Aberdeen to roll past us, regardless of whatever form we are in or how majestic Ross is. The resources and playing staff can't compete really. However if there is one Achilles heel in regard to Aberdeen it's that they know their only route to silverware is through this cup. Failure here would effectively end their season; they aren't winning the league, and are pretty much assured a Euro finish. Failure for us would simply mean back onto the championship winning groove.

So, in essence, I feel this will be a game of mentality not personnel. Sure Morgan will be keen to show McLean who the new championship wonder kid is, and sure Ross will be keen to test himself at a higher level, and sure Reilly will be determined to show his Hearts (and premiership) form was not representative of his abilities, and sure Cammy Smith will be wanting to show McInnes he was wrong to punt him. As you can see it's all about demonstrating that we are worthy of this competition, it's all positive, it's all moving forward.

Aberdeen? Their only mantra is "don't lose", that's it. They really don't have anything to prove against a team in the lower leagues, on paper they are easily the better team, and in resources they dwarf us in the same way Celtic dwarf them. Winning would be of course a positive for them but they are walking a tight rope, one slip and there goes their whole season.

If I was playing the mind games here, I'd be very keen to explain that the positives are all with St Mirren and all the negatives are with Aberdeen, and I'd do that to both the St Mirren squad _and_ the media so that the Aberdeen players know it. Not that they won't already have known this, but it's an uncomfortable feeling walking that tight-rope.

6 hours ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Imagine losing a double header in the league against a zombie tribute act because SEVCOs childish mind games caused your whole club to collectively lose the ability to function.  The same SEVCO team that got their asses handed to them by Hamilton and Killy the week before.

Imagine.

Your dreams, our reality.

Oh f**k wait....

Really looking forward to the game. It'll be an excellent test for us as Aberdeen are a good side. If we can put in a good performance at Pittodrie then that bodes well for the rest of the season.

8/1 for St. Mirren on Bet365, good odds. We've not lost in 7 games, winning 6 of them. Aberdeen haven't played in 3 weeks.

Warming up for this by watching the 1982 semi final on Red TV. Didn't realise how close St Mirren were to putting us out. We needed a well timed tumble by McGhee in the first game, God blocking one on the line in the replay, and some charitable goalkeeping from Billy Thomson.

Some of the tackles..... oofya!

10 minutes ago, resk said:

Warming up for this by watching the 1982 semi final on Red TV. Didn't realise how close St Mirren were to putting us out. We needed a well timed tumble by McGhee in the first game, God blocking one on the line in the replay, and some charitable goalkeeping from Billy Thomson.

Some of the tackles..... oofya!

Aye these were the days for both clubs a game like that 82 would make for a cracker best we can hope for is a draw will be happy as long as I see Saints making a good accont of themselves. We went to Parkhead last season and were in front for an hour that hour was one mighty long orgasm of course someone had to pour ice cold water over us for the wake up call. 

Looking forward to the game, as already been mentioned will be a good test to see how far we have progressed.

Aberdeen away is the second hardest possible tie in the draw so will be a very tough game.

If we can score first then who knows but still think Aberdeen will win by a couple.

Aberdeen 0 St Mirren 3 (Smith, Morgan and Reilly)

These three guys are on fire. Just have a feeling this could be a classic game for these highly talented youngsters who will collectively turn in a truly memorable performance. Anyway that's what I hope.

6 hours ago, Reina said:

Can't fucking wait for this tomorrow. 2-0. Then down to Union Square for an almighty feast at Cosmo before rolling onto the train to go home.

Mint.

My office. Now.

Up yours cunto[emoji14]
I was very apprehensive when the draw was made but since then i'm increasing in confidence we can get a result or take it to a replay. I'll arrive in Tenerife about kick off time so will need to find a stream or run to the nearest bar which might not go down too well with Mrs Boo but hey ho:whistle
Buddies Bar in Los Christianos should do.

Archived