Jon Venables

3 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

All criminals? No difference for any level of offending?

You'd treat child killers the same as people who get someone caught smoking a bit of green?

That's a wee bit fucking mental 

Eta. I would almost guarantee that you are also guilty of some criminal act. Most people are. Going to be a busy island prison.

We'll need to turn Australia back to its original colonial purpose.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Personally, I just don't care about criminals rights at all. I wouldn't ever have employed one, wouldn't have tolerated one being in my social circle and I certainly wouldn't wan to live anywhere near one.

How could you know if you live near someone done for speeding or even employed them when it's off your books.

Timpsons have a huge workforce or recovered offenders to their credit and it seems to work wonders for them, shame not everyone is as tolerant as you ably demonstrate.

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

How could you know if you live near someone done for speeding or even employed them when it's off your books.

Timpsons have a huge workforce or recovered offenders to their credit and it seems to work wonders for them, shame not everyone is as tolerant as you ably demonstrate.

It makes a lot of sense to employ people with a point to prove and if you have a good interview process you will find the folk who need help to get their life back on track and discard the people who are past help. 

Thanks to the rehabilitation of offenders act, oaksy almost certainly has employed someone who has had a convinction.

But great stuff, I do so enjoy this sort of unevidenced, hysterical, "tHrOw AwAy tHe KeY!!!" type frothing. 

"A society should be judged not by how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals."

28 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Sickening and vile the whole lot of it, think most people would be happy if this pair got tortured to death, in a derelict factory.

Looking at the press at the time a lot of folk wanted the boys to have a horrific end after causing another child to have a horrific end, irony is lost on people.

44 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Sickening and vile the whole lot of it, think most people would be happy if this pair got tortured to death, in a derelict factory.

Do you mean when they were ten, or make them wait till they were adults?

14 minutes ago, 101 said:

Looking at the press at the time a lot of folk wanted the boys to have a horrific end after causing another child to have a horrific end, irony is lost on people.

Just stating a fact, not saying if it's right or wrong.

Thank you.

Cant believe the amount of people online who stick up for their crimes by saying "but they were children". Maybe I could accept that if they'd pushed him onto a road or something, but James Bulger had about 30 injuries to his face alone. They were sick b*****ds who had the wherewith all to walk him miles to a rail track to make it look like a train had hit and killed him. That's not even starting on the sexual element involved.

I dont agree with serious criminals like murders and paedophiles having immunity and a new identity. Future partners or employers deserve to know the background of beasts like those pair and Maxine Carr 

Edited by Thereisalight..

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf it seems like Thomson has far more protection. There's a worldwide ban on trying to identify him, and his name is red listed on search engines so the authorities can trace people trying to find him. Some paper reported he'd move abroad and is now married.

Venables getting released after the initial sentence was probably fine considering his age etc., but the offences since shouldve removed all protection on him as he's now no longer a child offender.

Is that true? There's so much absolute nonsense written about these two, that it's difficult to discern fact from fiction. I don't believe a lot of the things I have read about what Venables has supposedly done since having been released, unless it comes from a credible source. 

Thompson is a psychopath, as are ~1% of the population (as defined by the Hare Checklist). He pretended to cry when interviewed by the police as a child, but didn't actually shed any tears. Psychopaths lack empathy and remorse, and apparently Thompson, when asked to express his regret for what he did, would shrug his shoulders and state that there was little point, because the past is the past. 

Venables, on the other hand, wrote numerous stories about abducting James Bulger, but would change the ending so that he was delivered safely to his parents or the police. Since being released he has taken a lot of drink and drugs, and the CP was first discovered by a social worker who visited him - prompting the suggestion that he was trying to get caught for something. 

Living with the guilt of having committed that wicked, evil crime as a young boy, would destroy anybody with a conscience. The wee lad crying for his mum, and the harrowing scenes that I don't even want to write about, must play on his mind every day. It's impossible to redeem oneself following such an act and that would drive most people mad.

I think maybe those who're calling for Venables' execution are actually right, because I think it must be a living nightmare being him; it must be hellishly lonely, and the fact that he cannot confide in anyone must make it all the more torturous. 

I believe in capital punishment (the guillotine - surely the most painless way of dispatching the condemned), as I think it would give the victim's family satisfaction that justice has been done and would actually spare the likes of Venables a lifetime of misery. It would also be just to execute a murderer who is incapable of, or unwilling to, express real remorse. The problem is a society that will execute someone for crimes committed as children would be a very wicked one.

4 hours ago, G_&_T said:

The problem is a society that will execute someone for crimes committed as children would be a very wicked one.

It's a difficult one.  If we are taking the stance that crimes committed as children are not subject to such a punishment, then we can hardly say that if that individual commits crimes as an adult they are cumulative with the ones as a child.  So, if the slate is wiped clean when they become adult, it's wiped clean.  Then again, an evil individual beyond hope is an evil individual beyond hope regardless of age.

5 hours ago, G_&_T said:

Venables, on the other hand, wrote numerous stories about abducting James Bulger, but would change the ending so that he was delivered safely to his parents or the police.

he also wrote a manual ''how to have sex with little girls''  and was given 40 months in prison for it

{and yet E L James hasn't even been arrested, there is just no consistency }