Spiritual Home- where do you class as "home"

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dundee. I was born in Glasgow but family moved to Dundee when I was 3 so I've been in Dundee for 31 years. Primary and Secondary in Dundee, University in Dundee, worked all my adult life in retail and the odd bar in Dundee and have been teaching in Dundee since 2008. Proud that I can now say that I am able to raise my son in the city I call home. 

slider-1.jpg

I was born in Stirling, grew up in a wee mining village called Fallin a couple of miles away, while it has plenty of decent people the majority are the worst type of swivel headed bigoted b*****ds you are ever likely to meet, not really keen on calling it 'home' especially as I left there over 20 years ago, my mum and dad still live there mind you, was not easy growing up as a Catholic there, I didnt go to the local primary school, I went to St Margarets two miles up the road in Cowie, I can still recall as a six year old being bemused waiting on the school bus as to why grown men were singing songs about Bobby Sands and chicken suppers to me.

I've lived in Raploch, Stirling town centre in two different homes and now in Alloa where i've been for three years but would probably class Stirling in general as home, not Fallin, f**k that, full of fucking orcs.

1 minute ago, stumigoo said:

Dundee. I was born in Glasgow but family moved to Dundee when I was 3 so I've been in Dundee for 31 years. Primary and Secondary in Dundee, University in Dundee, worked all my adult life in retail and the odd bar in Dundee and have been teaching in Dundee since 2008. Proud that I can now say that I am able to raise my son in the city I call home. 

slider-1.jpg

Never knew you were a weegie but won’t forget it now.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Never knew you were a weegie but won’t forget it now.

You can wind my dad up too, he was born in England! He only lived there for a short time (Wolverhampton) but feel free to slag him off next time you see him!

Fraserburgh, brought up there and left home at 17 to go to uni in Dundee.

Left there after four years to move to Glasgow. Then moved in with my girlfriend (now wife) in Hamilton which is where she’s lived all her life.

100% consider the Broch to be home however. Would move back in a heartbeat to bring up a family if it was viable career wise.

I've lived in a few places over the years and have affinity to them in lots of ways, apart from Scotstoun, it's a shitehole. Mallorca was my first abode abroad so I do like the place but my real home is Tulloch, a former council estate in Perth. Perth i can do without, full of weirdos and c***s but my wee area, that's home.

My spiritual home happens to be the place where I live.

Born and brought up in Dumfries.  Spent ten years away from late teens to late twenties as student and then in first proper jobs, but wound up back.  It was never part of any plan to return, but I'm glad it's fallen that way.

15 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

I was born in Stirling, grew up in a wee mining village called Fallin a couple of miles away, while it has plenty of decent people the majority are the worst type of swivel headed bigoted b*****ds you are ever likely to meet, not really keen on calling it 'home' especially as I left there over 20 years ago, my mum and dad still live there mind you, was not easy growing up as a Catholic there, I didnt go to the local primary school, I went to St Margarets two miles up the road in Cowie, I can still recall as a six year old being bemused waiting on the school bus as to why grown men were singing songs about Bobby Sands and chicken suppers to me.

I've lived in Raploch, Stirling town centre in two different homes and now in Alloa where i've been for three years but would probably class Stirling in general as home, not Fallin, f**k that, full of fucking orcs.

Vintage Magee :lol:

11 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Im having Lasagne tonight after the football/pub....made it myself the other night as well. Braw

You know that you can buy it ready made, just have to heat it up....

1 minute ago, bennett said:

You know that you can buy it ready made, just have to heat it up....

Ready meals are shite, pre packaged full of crap and taste like it. The kind of garbage you'd eat, easy enough to make Lasagne, Cottage Pie, Curry, Fajitas etc yourself unless you are a clueless doughnut.

Guess that rules you out.

Archived