Partick Thistle vs Hibernian - Saturday 2 December

Football returns to Firhill after another gap in the Jags fixtures. No such issues in December so it’s imperative that we start to pick up some points.

Seems ages ago that we kicked off the league season at Easter Road with a bright opening twenty minutes and I ended up in the Mash Tun with half an hour to go. 

Its been a great return to The Premiership for the Hibbies and even without McGinn this will be a stern challenge. 

I’d probably take a draw right now as our central midfield is still not a thing. 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

Its been a great return to The Premiership for the Hibbies and even without McGinn this will be a stern challenge.

McGinn is out? If so, that's great for us since our CM (which a lot of us expected to be our strongest area this season) has been poor with available personnel.

Would like to see McCarthy up agaisnt Bartley so we can watch them boot f**k out of eachother if (most likely when) the football is pish

5 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

McGinn is out? If so, that's great for us since our CM (which a lot of us expected to be our strongest area this season) has been poor with available personnel.

Would like to see McCarthy up agaisnt Bartley so we can watch them boot f**k out of eachother if (most likely when) the football is pish

Six bookings I think? Barton must be out soon...

1 hour ago, cilitbang said:

I was about to say that I'd like to see Gary Fraser back in the starting 11 for this, but forgot until seeing this that Bartley will be playing and him taking three steps towards Fraser would probably break him permanently.

1 hour ago, archie guevara said:

I thought it was our McGinn that was suspended and was momentarily confused by the chat about midfielders.  

Bartley v Osman I'd like to see. Bartley v us right now has only one winner.

1-1 draw, Murray and Keown the scorers.

C7116D03-8B06-45D7-A7E6-50786382EBF4.thumb.jpeg.888c48c3ed08a44e7d324cfd0d4aab14.jpeg

Sauce: SFA Website

14 minutes ago, WeveGotMcginn said:

Heading through for this one on Saturday, heard something about a bar in the away end of the stadium ? Any thistle fans able to give more info sounds a decent place to have a few pints pre match

There's a bar in the away end of the stadium. It's a decent place to have a few pints pre match.

So long as McGeough and Bartley are fit I'm not all that concerned about McGinn not playing. Slivka will complement both of them well and hopefully slot straight in as the attacking central midfielder which is his natural position. 

I think McGregor's back now, it would be great to give him a bit of game time before a hectic December. Same goes for Swanson if he's fit. 

Heading through for this one on Saturday, heard something about a bar in the away end of the stadium ? Any thistle fans able to give more info sounds a decent place to have a few pints pre match

Probably meaning the Aitken Suite. Usually got whatever lunchtime kickoffs there are on the telly. Can get fairly busy, which slows down service. It is decent enough if you don’t want to walk any distance.

Old Abe Lincoln once said: "I always plucked a thistle and planted a flower where I thought a flower would grow." Well, in the finest traditions of nineteenth-century horticulture-based metaphors, we're in for a right good thistle-plucking this Saturday. Always a good away day, sad to be missing it. How sad? This sad :(. I'd drop Stokes because he's a bit unpleasant, I'd sit him on the bench, I'd tell him to behave himself, I'd give him a bag of milky bar buttons, and I'd replace him with  Oli Shaw. Get Slivkaka on to replace McGinniesta. Get McGeough to dance a merry jig, ask Daniel Swanson to ruffle some feathers, give big Marv a tickle, throw it all together, what have you got? You've got a Hibs win, you've got dinner in Ketchup, and you've got time for a cheeky cherry cordial in Jinty's before bed. 

23 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

Old Abe Lincoln once said: "I always plucked a thistle and planted a flower where I thought a flower would grow." Well, in the finest traditions of nineteenth-century horticulture-based metaphors, we're in for a right good thistle-plucking this Saturday. Always a good away day, sad to be missing it. How sad? This sad :(. I'd drop Stokes because he's a bit unpleasant, I'd sit him on the bench, I'd tell him to behave himself, I'd give him a bag of milky bar buttons, and I'd replace him with  Oli Shaw. Get Slivkaka on to replace McGinniesta. Get McGeough to dance a merry jig, ask Daniel Swanson to ruffle some feathers, give big Marv a tickle, throw it all together, what have you got? You've got a Hibs win, you've got dinner in Ketchup, and you've got time for a cheeky cherry cordial in Jinty's before bed. 

I don't know what the f**k that was, but Ketchup has closed down now m8.

12 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Now an Innis and Gunn shop. Decent beer, not sure about the scran but I reckon it would be worth the gamble.

Treacle-flavoured Edinburgh p*sh? You West-End gents have let the hipster movement spread like a Napa bush-fire. 

F*ck it, next time I'm in town I'll just go to Amber on Byres Road. 

1 hour ago, The Other Foot said:

Treacle-flavoured Edinburgh p*sh? You West-End gents have let the hipster movement spread like a Napa bush-fire. 

F*ck it, next time I'm in town I'll just go to Amber on Byres Road. 

You’re at it :lol: Shut two months ago, now eSushi :(

Archived