Top 50 Most Hated Players To Have Played In Scottish Football

Yeah he was a really gifted technical player, defied belief how good he was with the ball at his feet, and was 2 moves ahead of most players. When he was with us he had the stat of being the most fouled player in the SPL, and that was prob him only getting about two thirds of the fouls given to him, he got kicked that much because opposition players couldn't get the ball off him.
Fernandez scored the best goal ive seen in the flesh. a screamer against montrose at almondvale against Montrose in the scottish(?) cup around 04. sure it was the same season montrose shipped 9 at easter road. must add it was the best performance ive ever seen from montrose

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

What a waste of talent it was for Celtic to sign him and not play him, then allow him to vegetate and bloat up like a balloon.

Sorry but if you get paid to be a professional footballer that is no excuse. Peak/Match fitness can be blamed on lack of game time but to 'balloon' up is basically down to lack of professionalism. A good chance why he ended up in Scottish football where professionalism isn't taken as seriously imo.  We had the same issue with Ciftci recently. I think this mind set is starting to slowly change now though.

Professionalism aside I don't think he quite fitted in MON's tactics at the time, the same could be said for Juhnino and even Moravcik to an extent struggled to fit in MON's teams.

Edited by gannonball

50 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Sorry but if you get paid to be a professional footballer that is no excuse. Peak/Match fitness can be blamed on lack of game time but to 'balloon' up is basically down to lack of professionalism. A good chance why he ended up in Scottish football where professionalism isn't taken as seriously imo.  We had the same issue with Ciftci recently. I think this mind set is starting to slowly change now though.

Professionalism aside I don't think he quite fitted in MON's tactics at the time, the same could be said for Juhnino and even Moravcik to an extent struggled to fit in MON's teams.

Soon lost all the weight back with us, just wasn't ever going to play in a MON side, was a waste of his talent being signed by Celtic. Pretty shocking Celtic would do that to a player tbh, I couldn't believe how much weight he;d put on, and what they;d done to him.

28 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Soon lost all the weight back with us, just wasn't ever going to play in a MON side, was a waste of his talent being signed by Celtic. Pretty shocking Celtic would do that to a player tbh, I couldn't believe how much weight he;d put on, and what they;d done to him.

They signed Sanchez Broto from you lot as well who was a cracking keeper and he ended up 4th choice behind Rab Douglas, Magnus Hedman and David Marshall. 

Celtic and indeed Rangers love hoarding talent to weaken the rest of the league. They've always done it and always will as long as they hold such a financial superiority. 

31 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

They signed Sanchez Broto from you lot as well who was a cracking keeper and he ended up 4th choice behind Rab Douglas, Magnus Hedman and David Marshall.

Sachez Broto was signed on a short term deal midway through the 02/03 season as cover for Douglas,  Hedman wasn't at the club then and Marshall had yet to make his debut and was an untried youngster. 

He played a few games in that run in, most notably coming on for the injured Douglas at Ibrox on beachball sunday where we won 2-1 and did really well, he was offered a deal at the end of that season but knocked it back and headed back to Spain I seem to recall. Hedman joined that same summer and lasted barely a year due to a combination of injury and being pish, Marshall broke into the side late on in that 03/04 season. 

Unfortunately facts, in this instance anyway do not support your argument even if other players/examples do.

11 hours ago, ah-dee said:
12 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:
Yeah he was a really gifted technical player, defied belief how good he was with the ball at his feet, and was 2 moves ahead of most players. When he was with us he had the stat of being the most fouled player in the SPL, and that was prob him only getting about two thirds of the fouls given to him, he got kicked that much because opposition players couldn't get the ball off him.

Fernandez scored the best goal ive seen in the flesh. a screamer against montrose at almondvale against Montrose in the scottish(?) cup around 04. sure it was the same season montrose shipped 9 at easter road. must add it was the best performance ive ever seen from montrose

Who was it against? I don't think you mentioned.

14 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Celtic and indeed Rangers love hoarding talent to weaken the rest of the league. They've always done it and always will as long as they hold such a financial superiority. 

I've heard this many times over the years and don't quite buy it. 

I think the reason that the cheeks buy up the pick of the rest is because they are very visible to them, they know they can do the SPL and they know other clubs can't compete financially.

They don't have to pay for scouting or outbid english teams. 

There might be a benefit of weakening other clubs but the reason they do it is to save money and minimise risk.

It is still hypocritical to take the lions share of the money then complain about a lack of competition hampering European success.  To give bluecunts some credit, they haven't come out with this much recently. That's progres.

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

I've heard this many times over the years and don't quite buy it. 

I think the reason that the cheeks buy up the pick of the rest is because they are very visible to them, they know they can do the SPL and they know other clubs can't compete financially.

They don't have to pay for scouting or outbid english teams. 

There might be a benefit of weakening other clubs but the reason they do it is to save money and minimise risk.

It is still hypocritical to take the lions share of the money then complain about a lack of competition hampering European success.  To give bluecunts some credit, they haven't come out with this much recently. That's progres.

No complaints about them buying our best player, we got a million quid for him, but then not to play him. That's just a waste. Then he put on about two stones and looked really out of shape, something really wrong when a football club like Celtic lets a player get so overweight during a season, must've just been sitting around eating and getting depressed about not playing. The player should be keeping himself fit but he hasn't done that anywhere else he's played so i'd say the problem was at Celtic. Came back to us on loan, was back slimmed down within a month and playing brilliantly again, helping us get to the semi final of the Scottish cup and winning the CIS cup.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

20 hours ago, ah-dee said:
21 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I remember that goal, was the 03/04 season and it was the only goal of the game. High winds and rain made the game a bit of a joke tbh and probably helped with the goal.

I remember that goal, was the 03/04 season and it was the only goal of the game. High winds and rain made the game a bit of a joke tbh and probably helped with the goal.

was a great game and really competitive considering the gulf between the teams. as you say the weather wont have helped though. the goal was a screamer though!

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

It was fun for a while, but you have let us down with Storey and Tansey.

Storey is a strange one, was dynamite for us under John Hughes in 15-16, but has since turned to dugmeat at Aberdeen and Thistle.  

Tansey fucking dialled it in about 6 months after we won the cup and has been like that since for Aberdeen and County.  No idea what's gotten into him.

11 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Storey is a strange one, was dynamite for us under John Hughes in 15-16, but has since turned to dugmeat at Aberdeen and Thistle.  

Tansey fucking dialled it in about 6 months after we won the cup and has been like that since for Aberdeen and County.  No idea what's gotten into him.

Ketamine?