Top 50 Most Hated Players To Have Played In Scottish Football

9 hours ago, HomeMadeHaggis4me said:

Not one BEASTLY BEAR mentioned. Your team is the reason for your HATRED.

Point of Information:

He may be principally associated with Hearts and Dundee United but Steven Pressley made 34 appearances for Rangers in the early '90s

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

7 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Thread title is most hated PLAYERS. I don’t remember him being any more annoying than any other ball-winning midfielder. And a great player too. As a manager though - no decorum. His paranoid outbursts regularly let his team down.

I assume you must be the grey haired chap with the beard and glasses at the bottom right of this picture then

zyzyzemu.jpg

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I assume you must be the grey haired chap with the beard and glasses at the bottom right of this picture then

zyzyzemu.jpg

No. I'm the wee girl just behind him, mortified that my mum and dad have just comletely lost it.

Any Celtic player on his arse 2 yards from the Hearts support is obviously going to get it tight. But I really didn't get the Lennon-hating by all and sundry when he was a player. I understand why Rangers fans didn't like him but that was surely imported poison. Was he really any more niggly than a Liam Craig or an Ian Black ?

Edited by Pet Jeden

No. I'm the wee girl just behind him, mortified that my mum and dad have just comletely lost it.
Any Celtic player on his arse 2 yards from the Hearts support is obviously going to get it tight. But I really didn't get the Lennon-hating by all and sundry when he was a player. I understand why Rangers fans didn't like him but that was surely imported poison. Was he really any more niggly than a Liam Craig or an Ian Black ?

It’s mostly because Scotland has an issue with bigotry. We pretend it’s only associated with the old firm but in reality it’s the whole country.

5 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Ian "Red Card waiting to Happen" Black wasn't consistently popular amongst the Hearts Support even when he was playing for Hearts.

2 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

It’s mostly because Scotland has an issue with bigotry. We pretend it’s only associated with the old firm but in reality it’s the whole country.

If by bigotry you mean sectarian, then I don't agree that Scotland as a whole still has an issue with bigotry.

Most people who attend top-flight football (that's only about 200,000 people  out of a population 5m) are aware of it - not least because Rangers and Celtic offer masterclasses when the visit 4 times a season. A proportion of that 200,000 take part in the tribal song-singing, mostly to see how much they can offend the other lot. But in real life outwith football, do you really still see sectarian bigotry nowadays ? Do employers really still care which school you attended ? Do parents really still (try to) persuade their sons and daughters not to marry into the other tribe ?  Is housing really still awarded on a denominational basis ? Do people really still gossip at work or the local shop about which church so-and-so (doesn't) attend ?  Surely not. Not in Edinburgh, anyway. 

Obviously there are tragic examples of young men carrying out fatal "football-related" sectarian attacks, but they do tend to be in and around Glasgow. and you do wonder  if that level of violent hate wouldn't find an outlet no matter what.

Guest Moomintroll
AHHHHH I am sure I made a big mistake joining this site.
HATRED is the biggest problem in Scottish football at every level.
Blinking flip, how long ago did I post that? Frankly I can think of quite a few others that I hate more, was just capturing the zeitgeist for purposes of humour.

Guest Moomintroll
AHHHHH I am sure I made a big mistake joining this site.
HATRED is the biggest problem in Scottish football at every level.
PS hiya new alias, hiya pal.

Guest Moomintroll
Thread title is most hated PLAYERS. I don’t remember him being any more annoying than any other ball-winning midfielder. And a great player too. As a manager though - no decorum. His paranoid outbursts regularly let his team down.
Bloody hell, no you too.

If by bigotry you mean sectarian, then I don't agree that Scotland as a whole still has an issue with bigotry.
Most people who attend top-flight football (that's only about 200,000 people  out of a population 5m) are aware of it - not least because Rangers and Celtic offer masterclasses when the visit 4 times a season. A proportion of that 200,000 take part in the tribal song-singing, mostly to see how much they can offend the other lot. But in real life outwith football, do you really still see sectarian bigotry nowadays ? Do employers really still care which school you attended ? Do parents really still (try to) persuade their sons and daughters not to marry into the other tribe ?  Is housing really still awarded on a denominational basis ? Do people really still gossip at work or the local shop about which church so-and-so (doesn't) attend ?  Surely not. Not in Edinburgh, anyway. 
Obviously there are tragic examples of young men carrying out fatal "football-related" sectarian attacks, but they do tend to be in and around Glasgow. and you do wonder  if that level of violent hate wouldn't find an outlet no matter what.

Take it you missed the marching season?

13 hours ago, mylothedog said:
15 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Take it you missed the marching season?

A few hundred people like to dress up and do a couple of dozen marches in Scotland to commemorate a victory for their sect 300 years ago. Pffft . That behaviour isn't a national problem. Odd, yes, but live and let live. I don't doubt they attract some pretty obnoxious onlookers, though.

Do you consider all the religious easter parades throughout almost every city in Europe to be bigotry too ?

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

A few hundred people like to dress up and do a couple of dozen marches in Scotland to commemorate a victory for their sect 300 years ago. Pffft . That behaviour isn't a national problem. Odd, yes, but live and let live. I don't doubt they attract some pretty obnoxious onlookers, though.

Do you consider all the religious easter parades throughout almost every city in Europe to be bigotry too ?

Easter parades don't celebrate the slaughtering of thousands of people. Are you honestly trying to pass them off as the same kind of thing? Bigot behaviour imo.

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

They ban Catholics, and they can't take part in them. So they're bigoted.

And for some reason, none of them can play the flute. Its just a racket.