Big nasty people

Who was the baddest?  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Stalins genocide in the Ukraine (in 1 year!) claimed more lives than the entire holocaust. 

Agree that Chairman Mao should be on the list as well as a few African Dictators (Idi Amin) and heads of South American Military Juntas (Pinochet) .

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

Im not sure Genghis should be on this list. He wasnt nearly as bad as the others.

Given the World population at the time, he probably killed far more as a % than the others on the list.

48 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

That is kind of what I am asking - Truman and other leaders obviously have considered this but in the past we probably as a species were a bit more barbaric so do you think leaders hundreds of years ago would have bothered checking the impact and, if they did, would they have cared?

If mutually assured destruction wasn't a factor I would have to say they probably would have used them.

3 minutes ago, sjc said:

Given the World population at the time, he probably killed far more as a % than the others on the list.

Ranavalona I killed an estimated 75% of the Madagascan population during her reign. That takes some doing.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I nominate Ríos Montt of Guatemala. IIRC he ordered bullets fired from helicopter gunships to be dipped in holy water before massacring "rebel" native villages to send them to heaven.

Not all bad then?

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I nominate Ríos Montt of Guatemala. IIRC he ordered bullets fired from helicopter gunships to be dipped in holy water before massacring "rebel" native villages to send them to heaven.

Didn't the British dip their bullets in pork fat and publicly bury those killed in uprisings wrapped in pig skins during their time as "protectorate" in Palestine?

Just now, sjc said:

Didn't the British dip their bullets in pork fat and publicly bury those killed in uprisings wrapped in pig skins during their time as "protectorate" in Palestine?

That was fake news quoted by Trump about an American general in the Philippines. Urban myth.

1 minute ago, The Equalizer said:

Presumably Mengele would have to go in too then?

and those in charge of the Japanese troops in Nanjing. Those c***s had "competitions" to see who could behead the most prisoners to the point of collapse through exhaustion! 

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

That was fake news quoted by Trump about an American general in the Philippines. Urban myth.

I don't think it was to be honest. Britain didn't f**k about when it came to uprisings within the Empire.

Archived