Big nasty people

Who was the baddest?  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

27 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

One of the men often missed from these types of discussions is Harry Truman.  You will get plenty of arguments about whether nukes were the quickest way of finishing the war and possibly led to less casualties but the man was responsible for authorizing the death of hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians.  I personally do not have a strong view one or the other on this but I do think he should be considered for inclusion in these types of discussion.

On a similar note the evolution of man along with weaponry was discussed on a podcast I listen to and the question was asked - what would Genghis Khan and some of the other bad men in history have done with nukes?   Would they have considered any factors prior to using them as seems to be the case these days or would they have simply just used them regardless of consequences?

If they had the capability to develop them then you would hope they'd also have the capacity to weigh the consequences. It's a bit of a moot point I think.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, The Equalizer said:

If they had the capability to develop them then you would hope they'd also have the capacity to weigh the consequences. It's a bit of a moot point I think.

Do you think if someone said to, for example, William Wallace "here's a weapon that could wipe out the whole of England" he would use it?

FTR I've gone for Bathory.

Purely because she was motivated by nothing other than a sense of perversion and the belief that bathing in the blood of young woman would be they key to eternal youth.

She get's my vote because she reportedly watched as the 300 plus young women were tortured and killed. I'm going beyond sheer numbers here and looking at the motivation for the acts.

2 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Do you think if someone said to, for example, William Wallace "here's a weapon that could wipe out the whole of England" he would use it?

Well if that's all the information he had to go on then of course he would use it.

What I'm asking is do they just happen upon a nuke and an instruction manual or would they fully understand the knock on effects of using one because they had developed and tested them?

1 minute ago, The Equalizer said:

Purely because she was motivated by nothing other than a sense of perversion and the belief that bathing in the blood of young woman would be they key to eternal youth.

Doesn't it? Somebody better tell Gunther.

5 minutes ago, The Equalizer said:

She get's my vote because she reportedly watched as the 300 plus young woman were tortured and killed. I'm going beyond shear numbers here and looking at the motivation for the acts.

Were these young sheep or young women?

Just now, The Equalizer said:

Well if that's all the information he had to go on then of course he would use it.

What I'm asking is do they just happen upon a nuke and an instruction manual or would they fully understand the knock on effects of using one because they had developed and tested them?

That is kind of what I am asking - Truman and other leaders obviously have considered this but in the past we probably as a species were a bit more barbaric so do you think leaders hundreds of years ago would have bothered checking the impact and, if they did, would they have cared?

10 minutes ago, The Equalizer said:

She get's my vote because she reportedly watched as the 300 plus young woman were tortured and killed. I'm going beyond shear numbers here and looking at the motivation for the acts.

Is that where "Bath" comes from?

Uncle Joe, Pol Pot and Chairman Mao were fairly good at regarding masses of the populace as mere trifles and ordering their incarceration / starvation / forced relocation / execution en masse. The mindset required to do that is surely sociopathic or psychopathic. The boys who run those Mexican cartels and African "freedom fighters" groups certainly don't have a lot of empathy.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

He’s a nasty, petty, vindictive, mendacious, cowardly, duplicitous, racist, misogynistic, egotistical, ignorant, blowhard.  He also theoretically has his finger on the nuclear button.

Do you really think the CIA haven't disconnected the football, Granny?  He'll be pumping away at that nuclear button and wondering why the TV channel keeps changing.

5 minutes ago, The DA said:

Do you really think the CIA haven't disconnected the football, Granny?  He'll be pumping away at that nuclear button and wondering why the TV channel keeps changing.

I did say theoretically, however he’s not the only nutcase in the US.

Archived