Hearts v Motherwell 9th Dec 2017

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cannae make it today due to work, last night's Christmas night out, and it's concomitant hangover.

Moult being out is a plus for us, but a hard game against a Motherwell side that's been doing well.

Hopefully, Djoum is fit enough to take some part in the game, as the rest of our midfield are so lightweight.

I'm assuming Brandon is suspended, so it'll maybe be Randall at right back. 

On 12/8/2017 at 12:37, thisGRAEME said:

Last year we lined up against Dundee last season:

Samson
McMillan Heneghan Jules Chalmers
Cadden McHugh Clay Pearson
McDonald Moult

That back 4 is the stuff of nightmares. If I hadn't been there I would have sworn it was someone having a laugh.

Genuinely believe I could play up front against that lot.

We’re going to take pelters from Hibs trolls for those empty seats

Didnt go either. Too many weekends in a row = pissed off missus + it was freezing today.

Have you seen the crowds at Easter Road?

From radio reports it sounded as though Kipre was too slow to react. Now, as I said I wasn't there today so I won't argue with anyone who was at this point in time until I've seen the highlights, but it wouldn't be the first time that we have lost a goal this season due to Kipre being too slow to react.

Who was doing the radio commentary? I've noticed that WiIlie Miller seems to have it in for Kipré a bit. In the post-match chat after the LC semi-final he spent a disproportionate (IMO) amount of time focusing on his performance. It seemed odd as despite a shaky first half from him we won and kept a clean sheet.

Similarly he spent the preamble to the Celtic game last weekend bumping his gums about Kipré's involvement in the penalty incident in the final. I think Barry Wilson called him out on it essentially saying that Miller would have been raging had an attacker gone down like that against him but Miller just doubled down saying that he wouldn't have put his hand on the player's shoulder. Which isn't to say that Kipré hasn't cost us a couple of goals but it's been a bit weird the extent to which the radio commentary has focused on him.

Either way it's a disappointing result considering the teams who have taken points off Hearts in Edinburgh this season and the fact we didn't really seem to turn up. Having said that, the last time we went to Tynecastle missing key players we ended up with Steven Hammell playing right back and losing 6-0. I'm just amazed Griffiths managed to stay on the park as I was certain we were tempting fate not having a back-up keeper on the bench.

giphy.gif

Archived