The Chronicles of the Banter Years (2012 - ∞)

Why not? They're vile, sub-human scum. Every single one of them. And their club is a blight, not just on Scottish football, but on Scottish society.
Novichok is too good for them.

This is an argument that only makes you look foolish.

44 minutes ago, bennett said:

In the interests of proper governance, transparency and integrity the SPFL should have agreed to an independent investigation of this extremely serious matter and should not have refused to answer all questions and address the genuine concerns put to them in a formal letter by Rangers"

If King's original call for an investigation had been behind private and via official channels, you might have had a point.

12 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Because it solves nothing.

You would suggest that closing up the doors at Ibrox, and deporting their fans wouldn't have a net positive effect on Scottish society?

9 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

You would suggest that closing up the doors at Ibrox with their fans inside and setting fire to it wouldn't have a net positive effect on Scottish society?

FTFY

3 hours ago, bennett said:

The information regarding shifty MacClennans conflict of interest wasn't made available at the time, once it was reported in the media -  Rangers asked the spfl if Shifty had disclosed the information, the spfl stalled and defelected.

So why does nobody except Rangers care about this?

31 minutes ago, velo army said:

Complete lack of banter in the last few posts. I saw in the paper today that Mike Ashley is threatening to stop rangers selling their club kits. Banter.

The complaint was that the sleeves were too short - they didn't reach the ground when the wearer was standing up.

Has Dodgy Dave made his compulsory offer for the shares yet? No, didn’t think so. For a club/company that prides itself on loyalty etc, dodging tax, legal orders etc seem to be second nature. What’s your view Bennett?

1 hour ago, CambieBud said:

Has Dodgy Dave made his compulsory offer for the shares yet? No, didn’t think so. For a club/company that prides itself on loyalty etc, dodging tax, legal orders etc seem to be second nature. What’s your view Bennett?

You won't get an answer from Bennet. 

My answer is that he doesn't have the money to do so, and all this shit for the last month is him paddling away furiously, trying to keep the mutants from realising he doesn't have the money. Why would he want to take a majority share in the club, he'd be responsible for the debt. Far better to give the club loans at high interest rates then milk it to f**k for a few years a d walk away. Ending up in control of it was never on the cards. 

2 hours ago, CambieBud said:

You ask a question, then provide the answer yourself.

8 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

You won't get an answer from Bennet. 

My answer is that he doesn't have the money to do so, and all this shit for the last month is him paddling away furiously, trying to keep the mutants from realising he doesn't have the money. Why would he want to take a majority share in the club, he'd be responsible for the debt. Far better to give the club loans at high interest rates then milk it to f**k for a few years a d walk away. Ending up in control of it was never on the cards. 

I believe he's got the money, or his family does, but that he doesn't want to waste it on buying Rangers.  He had some share sale go through recently and said the money was to be ring-fenced for this offer. Now he's using the SA currency transfer regulations as a get-out.  I wouldn't be surprised to hear that he hasn't even started the process, hasn't even asked the authorities if it's OK to transfer the cash to the UK.

17 hours ago, GordonD said:

So why does nobody except Rangers care about this?

Because it involves a wee bit more thought than usual knee-jerk postings along the lines of - my team is great, rival team is shiite, Rangers are horrible, Celtic are as bad.

It's a a clear potential conflict of interest and because either he or, more likely the SFA, don't look like they have properly drawn it to the clubs' attention,  it looks shifty and he will have to go. I would guess he will choose to resign because he won't want to be where he is constantly being sniped at and I'm sure, with his CV, he doesn't actually need the gig.

Edited by Pet Jeden

1 hour ago, The DA said:

I believe he's got the money, or his family does, but that he doesn't want to waste it on buying Rangers.  He had some share sale go through recently and said the money was to be ring-fenced for this offer. Now he's using the SA currency transfer regulations as a get-out.  I wouldn't be surprised to hear that he hasn't even started the process, hasn't even asked the authorities if it's OK to transfer the cash to the UK.

He said the money was in trusts controlled by his family. What's the chances they are screwing him over ad not releasing it. Either that, or he knows if he takes it out a trust owned by someone else into an account he owns, the taxman will come calling again., 

22 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
22 hours ago, Illgresi said:
Why not? They're vile, sub-human scum. Every single one of them. And their club is a blight, not just on Scottish football, but on Scottish society.
Novichok is too good for them.

Get with the program sir. Novichok is fucking shite.

Care to review this opinion in light of today's events?

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Care to review this opinion in light of today's events?

Not really. As far as weaponised nerve agents go, a death rate of 1 in 4 is quite poor. 

6 hours ago, GordonD said:

Because they're not as petty and paranoid as Rangers?

Really Gordon?  The chairman of the SPFL is also being paid by the largest shareholders of one of the SPFL's clubs and you call it petty?

The other clubs are just doing what they normally and that's cower behind Celtic or face the wrath.  Shifty, being in the position he is in, has clear potential for a conflict of interest and it's to the demerit of the diddies that they write this off as, "petty and paranoid".  

Decent article from Chris Jack here:  http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/16340933.chris-jack-questions-over-murdoch-maclennan-are-key-for-all-clubs-and-not-just-rangers/#comments-anchor

"Rangers may be leading the calls for MacLennan’s head due to his business links with two Celtic powerbrokers but the issues over his position should be looked at by clubs across the country."

I'm not calling for MacLennan to step down but it really must be looked at by an independent group.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Guest Moomintroll

I am just astonished that given the fact that any sentient being is aware of the levels of paranoia and whataboutery that exists between the arse cheeks and their acolytes, that the SPFL did not do their due diligence and see this shitstorm coming. Then again, given their track record, this is business as usual.