The Chronicles of the Banter Years (2012 - ∞)

1 minute ago, paisleysaints said:

It's sheer quality reading apparently they will have 20 plus not 6 mil

Also there is something the media can't speak about until after 11pm.lol  i wish i hadn't started looking at this forum i dont have enough hours in the day to take in the rage optimism etc

The warchest is making a return?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

6 minutes ago, paisleysaints said:

It's sheer quality reading apparently they will have 20 plus not 6 mil

Also there is something the media can't speak about until after 11pm.lol  i wish i hadn't started looking at this forum i dont have enough hours in the day to take in the rage optimism etc

They are throwing in the season ticket money and some other stuff to reach the 20, ignoring the fact that season ticket money is what is burned up by mid season trying to keep the lights on and is (obviously) accounted for in clumpany income and expenditure every season.   All of a sudden they can blow it all on players.  It really beggars belief how they think.

Aye, I'm assuming they've taken the £6m from the share issue and the £15m (roughly) they should get in from ST income.

They are then of the belief they will have £20m plus to spend on players and wages, and no requirement to pay for anything else...

I have no doubt there will be funds to bring in two or three good players, but Gerrard is under huge pressure to get the right players.  The likes of McGregor & Arfield aren't getting them any closer to Celtic - not even close. 

Surprised they don't just set up offshore accounts to pay their players direct from Dave Kings NOAL account in the BVI. It's not like there's tax or registration issues they need worry about......

22 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

They are throwing in the season ticket money and some other stuff to reach the 20, ignoring the fact that season ticket money is what is burned up by mid season trying to keep the lights on and is (obviously) accounted for in clumpany income and expenditure every season.   All of a sudden they can blow it all on players.  It really beggars belief how they think.

Cashflow appears to be an alien concept.

40 minutes ago, Desp said:

Aye, I'm assuming they've taken the £6m from the share issue and the £15m (roughly) they should get in from ST income.

They are then of the belief they will have £20m plus to spend on players and wages, and no requirement to pay for anything else...

I have no doubt there will be funds to bring in two or three good players, but Gerrard is under huge pressure to get the right players.  The likes of McGregor & Arfield aren't getting them any closer to Celtic - not even close. 

I think you'll find quite a good few of them actually believe they are going to spend the £20 million plus to buy players. They just haven't factored in or remotely aware they have to actually pay wages as well. A few did express utter rage that Pena will be syphoning off a good few million in wages for the next two years and that they will punt Morelos for an 8 figure sum which will then release even more money to increase the war-chest.

Last throw of the dice methinks.

Does this mean Martin Skrtel,  Javier Mascherano,  Daniel Sturridge  and Fernando Torres arent coming?

Only if they sign for someone like Progres of Luxembourg and get SEVCO in a Premlim Rd of the Europa Cup......
Assuming Sevco qualify

Think we've all missed the point.

Can no one see that they are only mentioning 6 million but in fact have huge amount more than that.

This is In order to keep the transfer value down when ranjurs come calling.

Can't believe only sevco fans have worked this out..

* got my facts from rangers media

43 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Does this mean Martin Skrtel,  Javier Mascherano,  Daniel Sturridge  and Fernando Torres arent coming?

Not unless you mean Javier Skrte, Daniel Mascherano, Fernando Sturridge and Martin Torres...