The Buddies v Dunfermline

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

You guys tore our defence apart at EEP.  Midfield not at the races; centre halves parting like the red sea.

We have solidified a bit since then.

We did the same to Falkirk and ICT. Getting the early goals set it up perfectly for us to pick the other teams off. I'm clinging to it as a positive though that our strikers are still scoring. If we can improve results we're right back in the playoff mix. Or we could do a Raith and wouldn't that provide some tremendous P&B content.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

We did the same to Falkirk and ICT. Getting the early goals set it up perfectly for us to pick the other teams off. I'm clinging to it as a positive though that our strikers are still scoring. If we can improve results we're right back in the playoff mix. Or we could do a Raith and wouldn't that provide some tremendous P&B content.

You're only doing a Raith if Falkirk do a St Mirren, and that ain't happening.

15 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Sorry I just don't rate him at this level. I've seen him several times make basic positional errors or sending offs that led to games getting lost for us. I do agree about being hung out to dry and felt sorry for him on Saturday. I'm not saying my formation is  the answer just that Martin isn't either imo. We really need a player in asap.

Have to say sadly I agree with this.

Martin suffers from the fact he is a managers dream, he's a great squad player to have especially in a small squad because he can fill 3 positions (now 4 technically at defensive mid). The problem for him is he wont get regular games in a specific position and will remain a bench warmer until someone gets injured with game time pretty limited. He would be better going somewhere he can get a run of games (preferably in one position) and learn from there. When he was coming through I thought he had decent potential, he could read a game well and can use both feet, but he hasn't really improved any of his negative attributes since he has came through and they get exposed much more in this league compared to league 1.

In terms of the game I reckon it will be 1-1 ( I didn't want to admit we would lose, but I also cant see us winning).

Who was the big guy that played holding midfield at EEP? He had a brilliant game, was the best player on the park.

I hope we get some sort of revenge because we we took a doing that day, we played poor but Dunfermline were right on top of their game.

I never like reading opposition fans feeling so negative a few days before the game, pretty sure Morton fans were like that before they out played us in the 2-2 draw a few weeks ago.

50 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

Wanyama, Wedderburn, David Luiz, Graham Alexander, Christian Dailly, Gary Caldwell, Sol Bamba but yeah guys DA Baracus has spoken so apparently no defenders are able to transition to midfield :lol:

You're at it. You're just making shit up now. I've never once said no defenders can make the transition to midfield.

Who was the big guy that played holding midfield at EEP? He had a brilliant game, was the best player on the park.
I hope we get some sort of revenge because we we took a doing that day, we played poor but Dunfermline were right on top of their game.
I never like reading opposition fans feeling so negative a few days before the game, pretty sure Morton fans were like that before they out played us in the 2-2 draw a few weeks ago.

Nathaniel Wedderburn. Some boi.*

Been shite for weeks, mind.

Archived