East Fife vs Ayr Utd

No way that score was a true reflection on that game thought East Fife played really well hit the woodwork 3 times just a pity we can’t defend corners. When your absolutely incredible everything goes for you.

FTFY

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, fifer67 said:

No way that score was a true reflection on that game thought East Fife played really well hit the woodwork 3 times just a pity we can’t defend corners. When your top of the league everything goes for you.

It's a pity you can't find the target more.

It's a pity you can't find the target more.

That is exactly it, there was never three goals difference between the teams but that is exactly what the records will show!!!
At no time in that game did Ayr outplay us, over-run us, out-pass us or dominate us in any way but to anybody just following the scores as they went in, well that's exactly what they will think!!!
The only difference between the teams is that Ayr were more clinical than us, they had exactly four attempts on target, the same as us, but the difference being that they put everyone of theirs away and we only converted one one of ours, it's fucking sickening!!!

Also be interesting to see the highlights as from where I was sitting it looked as if Duggan's overhead kick was well over the line before it was cleared, ref never had a clue, looked at his linesman who appeared to bottle the decision and Ayr broke up the park and scored their 4th!!!

2 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

That is exactly it, there was never three goals difference between the teams but that is exactly what the records will show!!!
At no time in that game did Ayr outplay us, over-run us, out-pass us or dominate us in any way but to anybody just following the scores as they went in, well that's exactly what they will think!!!
The only difference between the teams is that Ayr were more clinical than us, they had exactly four attempts on target, the same as us, but the difference being that they put everyone of theirs away and we only converted one one of ours, it's fucking sickening!!!

Also be interesting to see the highlights as from where I was sitting it looked as if Duggan's overhead kick was well over the line before it was cleared, ref never had a clue, looked at his linesman who appeared to bottle the decision and Ayr broke up the park and scored their 4th!!!

I've watched many a fine Ayr team over the decades but I've never watched one that's as clinical, I'm including our 87/88 team in that.

2 minutes ago, east fife for life said:

We need to bury teams when on top! Ayr were there for the taking! 3 points dropped.

We've been there for the taking in most of the matches I've been at and we keep getting 3 points and scoring for fun.

Toaffee. Who's next? Airdrie. Beautiful.

Seriously tho, delighted for Rose. Huge potential there. And he's been due that as folk have said, had come close about a dozen times from corners this season. Hope his pals that travelled down from Aberdeen to Arbroath and Alloa to watch him were there today!

I can’t for the life of me work out why we persist in loading our box with 11 players at every corner we concede . If we clear the ball it just comes right back at you. Individual errors lost the big centre half twice at goals from corners. Goalkeeper not very keen to come for crosses either but when you have 20 players on top of you not easy to get through the crowd.

Wasnt in KK, barely on the line , never mind over it to be honest.

First half was the worst we have played this season. Moore made a huge difference when he came on and we dominated the second half.First half EF could easily have scored 2 or 3 but second half we woke up and blew them away.

No it wasn't and no you didn't, first half you played as well as we allowed you to play, the 2nd half you made a couple of positional changes but all you did better than us was to take your chances, yes scoring four goals blew us away but your general play didn't warrant the margin of your victory!!!

4 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

No you didn't, first half you played as well as we allowed you to play, the 2nd half you made a couple of positional changes but all you did better than us was to take your chances, yes scoring four goals blew us away but your general play didn't warrant the margin of your victory!!!

Calm doon, you’re no the first team to receive a pumping from us this season and you’ll no be the last.

No you didn't, first half you played as well as we allowed you to play, the 2nd half you made a couple of positional changes but all you did better than us was to take your chances, yes scoring four goals blew us away but your general play didn't warrant the margin of your victory!!!

Don't agree we were far superior in the second half. We were much more purposeful and very dangerous every time we attacked and our more attack minded team meant we were a little exposed at the back. Your finishing was very poor though and you squandered all your chances.
First half we were poor and you guys played very well and deserved your lead. I even applauded when you scored as you absolutely deserved it.

I'm perfectly calm mate, I'm well aware that we were beaten by a team with a clinically superior front line than my own, I'm just trying to protect you from your own foolish self-aggrandisement!!!
There's no fool like a self made fool and all that!!!

It's particularly pleasing that as we continue to pump teams right left and centre, averaging 3 and a bit goals a game, all the opposition fans seem to manage to convince themselves that we are in fact a bit pish and not much better than them [emoji41]

Archived