East Fife vs Ayr Utd

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's particularly pleasing that as we continue to pump teams right left and centre, averaging 3 and a bit goals a game, all the opposition fans seem to manage to convince themselves that we are in fact a bit pish and not much better than them [emoji41]

Nobody has said you're pish mate, but you keep believing that if you want!!!

Particularly apt emoji tho!!!

aaa60099dbc00c8e7f7078ff2c2586e5.jpg

Your 3rd goal was well worked 2 from corners just poor poor defending at the set piece. 4th goal only the East Fife keeper can tell you how he got wrong footed from 30 yards. While thinking about goalkeepers thought the Ayr goalie looked very poor with the ball at his feet. We hit the underside of the bar the inside of the post flushed the post with a great free kick with Ayr keeper we’ll beat on another day we get the rub of the green. Really enjoyed the game two teams trying to play football the right way.  

22 minutes ago, JohnGAYR said:

The much maligned Brian Gilmour made all the difference in the second half. He played deep centre midfield and got the whole team passing again.

Headed the baw off the line at 3-1 tae. 

3 hours ago, east fife for life said:

We need to bury teams when on top! Ayr were there for the taking! 3 points dropped.

Heavy day on the gear i take it? 

Pumped, next?

The much maligned Brian Gilmour made all the difference in the second half. He played deep centre midfield and got the whole team passing again.

I don't get the hate for him tbh. Not a world beater but one of those who can do a job, and sometimes (today being a good example) him just being there allows others to step their game up a wee bit. Very useful squad member especially as he can do a reasonable job anywhere across the midfield if we are short. Nice guy as well and by all accounts a pretty decent coach.

Ian McCall was bang on in his post-match comments that 4-1 flattered Ayr.  Stating the bleeding obvious here, but we need to stop shipping cheap goals. They killed us in an otherwise very good performance.

For a neutral (if any were present) it must have been an excellent game of football. Still gutted though...   

Shankland would be a points magnet in the Fantasy Football. Scores or assists a minimum goal a game, usually more.

Excuse my ignorance but what level has he played at before?

He's absolutely bossing defenders in every match. Wee Moore is just a finisher but shanks is the real deal at this level. Is this the best spell in his career so far?

Who's the dirty hippy looking East Fife player? From the highlights he looks quite technically gifted.

Not seen many goals from outside the box this season, apart from Shanks there I'm struggling to remember any. Think maybe Geggan had one at home and Forrest in the Cup.

Who's the dirty hippy looking East Fife player? From the highlights he looks quite technically gifted.
Not seen many goals from outside the box this season, apart from Shanks there I'm struggling to remember any. Think maybe Geggan had one at home and Forrest in the Cup.

McDaid scored a belter against Stranraer. Apart from that I can’t remember.

Can’t really argue much when the opposition scores four out of five or six chances.

Quite happy with the way we played in the first half and parts  of the second half but concerned at our inability to take chances.

Now the ifs. If we had been as clinical as Ayr the game could have been over at half-time as the attitudes towards the second half would have been different but we weren’t and the rest is history.

Archived