Takeaways

thistledo

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[mention=30230]Tynieness[/mention] has just had an Indian curry somewhere and sent me pics of its remnants. Not a takeaway I know but just felt I should highlight this utter cuntish behaviour.

Kenneth%20Williams%20%20Carry%20On%20Behind%20(1975).jpg

I dread to think what this might look like... Unflingable?

Went to Topkapi in Fountainbridge last night after a few pints. Would probably go somewhere else next time. 

A bit less pish than any other kebab shop open at that hour but certainly not great. Edinburgh wins on outdoor booze policy, Glasgow wins on late night take away policy.

15 hours ago, thistledo said:

Went to Topkapi in Fountainbridge last night after a few pints. Would probably go somewhere else next time. 

I used to go there back in 79,80. It was open until about 4 in the morning. It was utterly magnificent after a long night boogying on down and trying to get your hole at Clouds (now cavendish I think ). 

9 hours ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

A bit less pish than any other kebab shop open at that hour but certainly not great. Edinburgh wins on outdoor booze policy, Glasgow wins on late night take away policy.

100% agree with that. 

7 hours ago, supermik said:

I used to go there back in 79,80. It was open until about 4 in the morning. It was utterly magnificent after a long night boogying on down and trying to get your hole at Clouds (now cavendish I think ). 

It's definitely no longer magnificent. £8.50 for donner, chips, cheese and sauce. Donner meat was low quality and the chilli sauce was awful watered down pish overall I'd rate it 2/10 .

In Glasgow you can get the actual tasty equivalent for £4 / £4.50. Worth giving it a try though. Capadoccia and Kebab Mahal are still on the list to try, if they don't impress it will be my last foray into Edinburgh City kebabs. 

Not sure if it does takeaway, but as someone mentioned donner, there’s a place called Donner Haus in Glasgow. I always thought I hated donner because I’d only had it whilst pished from some manky 3am takeaway, but tried it from this place and it was phenomenal.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Not sure if it does takeaway, but as someone mentioned donner, there’s a place called Donner Haus in Glasgow. I always thought I hated donner because I’d only had it whilst pished from some manky 3am takeaway, but tried it from this place and it was phenomenal.

I've sampled this place, it's definitely decent quality donner, but no better than my local (when i'm in Glasgow) and for a higher price. So... Guid, but not worth the price tag IMO. Also not sure if they do takeaway either actually. 

35 minutes ago, thistledo said:

I've sampled this place, it's definitely decent quality donner, but no better than my local (when i'm in Glasgow) and for a higher price. So... Guid, but not worth the price tag IMO. Also not sure if they do takeaway either actually. 

As I say I’ve only ever had donner from pretty shitey places, so didn’t have much to compare it to. Certainly seemed less like it was made from hooves and arseholes though.

fair enough. but from reading his posts he seems to be a fantasist 

Fair enough to your opinion on Shandon. Racism isn’t so much fair enough imo, I just want that to be take away point from this exchange.

11 hours ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

point taking I was referring the meal not those who serve it. But I can see I've offended people

I’ve always been happy to throw in pics of what I’ve been up to and a few posters know who I am too. Being a history grad posting stuff without the facts to back it up would grate with me. Think what you want though but you’d be welcome to pop in for a cuppa any time and grill the missus for corroboration on any of my mundane musings that you are that bothered by that you struggle to accept. 

Archived