Peterhead v Cowdenbeath

Be good to see us back to playing after 2 cancelled games. Should be a home win but I am never too confident with our defence! Don't think we have any injuries at the moment though so should be a full squad and hopefully a decent crowd!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cowdenbeath supporters seem to be seeing a bit of light at the end of tunnel & would expect their team to be up for it, we need to be at least as willing to get stuck in & match them in that & get our best players on the ball. One week off may have been a good thing for a few of the players but 2 weeks off when going well may not be time will tell.

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

Cowdenbeath supporters seem to be seeing a bit of light at the end of tunnel & would expect their team to be up for it, we need to be at least as willing to get stuck in & match them in that & get our best players on the ball. One week off may have been a good thing for a few of the players but 2 weeks off when going well may not be time will tell.

It’s a long tunnel though.

Guest TOPFITTER

Is it the light at the end of the tunnel for Cowden or is it the Peterhead Express coming from the other way????

I think Peterhead's performance will owe more to recovery from their Christmas shennanigans than on field efforts judging by recent performances however if they have another football melt-down I don't suppose many Blue Toon fans will be too surprised and 'Beath may get an early seasonal gift.

If as I suppose this McInally team has finally decided to buckle down and grind out promotion then there really only should be one result and that's a home win, and that's what it will be should the defense defend and Rory MacAllister play.

See you all there, mileage after this game for this season 7700 :)

17 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

The Gary Bollan Express will do well to avoid defeat here.  Glad that Syme is back for this one - I'm expecting a tight match but can see Peterhead winning it 1-0. McAllister with both the goals.

9 hours ago, TOPFITTER said:

Is it the light at the end of the tunnel for Cowden or is it the Peterhead Express coming from the other way????

I think Peterhead's performance will owe more to recovery from their Christmas shennanigans than on field efforts judging by recent performances however if they have another football melt-down I don't suppose many Blue Toon fans will be too surprised and 'Beath may get an early seasonal gift.

If as I suppose this McInally team has finally decided to buckle down and grind out promotion then there really only should be one result and that's a home win, and that's what it will be should the defense defend and Rory MacAllister play.

See you all there, mileage after this game for this season 7700 :)

The Express derby!  Can only be one outcome - both teams win :lol:

Going to be difficult to get anything as Peterhead were the standout team for me that we have played. Movement off the ball and general attacking play is really good. We need to match the effort and pressing of the other night but for longer than 45 mins (difficult) 

Problem with our team I foresee is that if we dont put in the effort of say the other night we are back to square one really as peterhead will over run us with their quality. We lost our shape other night big time in midfield leaving us exposed - stenny didnt take full advantage because of long ball and generally wanting to bombard us with free kicks/corners/throw ins. Peterhead would expose us if we cant keep our effort to the level we were at first 45 on Tuesday. Would take a 4-4 draw.

mone the cowden

Sore one to take and gutted can only imagine how the players are feeling after a massive effort 

Credit to anyone who made the long trip 

Really thought we were going yo hold out which would have taken us of bottom. 

Gutted but at least there is a massive improvement in the manner of the squad since Bollan came in and hopefully he can bring in some players to strengthen the squad and rack up some points 

Don’t know whether I want Clyde and Edinburgh to draw next week or Clyde to win and just scrap it out with City for now. 

9 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Sore one to take and gutted can only imagine how the players are feeling after a massive effort 

Credit to anyone who made the long trip 

Really thought we were going yo hold out which would have taken us of bottom. 

Gutted but at least there is a massive improvement in the manner of the squad since Bollan came in and hopefully he can bring in some players to strengthen the squad and rack up some points 

Don’t know whether I want Clyde and Edinburgh to draw next week or Clyde to win and just scrap it out with City for now. 

A hard call that one 316. I think it will end in a draw.

Never went up today but seems like a battling performance today coming back from being hit by 2 quick goals after being ahead.

Must have been a lively 2nd half with all the cards which were issued and a mixed day for Robbie scoring then getting sent off.

As you say more fight about us since Bollan took over and will be interesting to see who he manages to bring in.

Gave us a good game. A draw was looking a fair result as we were the poorer in the first half.

I hope Jason Brown celebrated with the away fan who thought it funny to have a go at him every time he was near him. You wasn’t funny but if that’s what impresses the woman in your life. [emoji106]

31 minutes ago, cabbage74 said:

Gave us a good game. A draw was looking a fair result as we were the poorer in the first half.

I hope Jason Brown celebrated with the away fan who thought it funny to have a go at him every time he was near him. You wasn’t funny but if that’s what impresses the woman in your life. emoji106.png

I wasn't up but I hate when fans goad an opposition player - he's then a stick onto score and get it right up you:lol:

Sounds like a decent enough showing considering we got hosed off the Blue Toon at Central Park. Shame we couldn't hold out for a point.

All the credit goes to Cowdenbeath on this one who were unlucky to not get at least a point. We looked very rusty in the first half and were out fought and out battled. Equalising and then going ahead should have killed the game but again credit to Cowdenbeath for coming back. Thankfully for us we got a third and there was no time left for another comeback.

Montrose away for us next and we'll have to be a lot better to get anything from the game. As for Cowdenbeath, if they can keep up the level of commitment they should get away from the bottom.

Archived